Question Dedicated Host Considerations

I've decided to go with a dedicated server, and I've narrowed my search to a couple hosts which meet my requirements and budget. So, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with them, or if there are better options you know of in a similar power/price range.

==Option #1==
    Company: UltraHosting.com
    Price: $119 per month
    Specs:
    - Celeron 1.6
    - 2GB RAM
    - 2x 80GB HD
    - 250GB bandwidth
    - No Hardware Firewall Available

==Option #2==
    Company: NetRackServers.com
    Price: $126 per month
    Specs:
    - Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.8GHz
    - 2GB RAM
    - 2 X 160GB HD
    - Unmetered Bandwidth
    - Optional Hardware Firewall

At the moment option #2 is looking more attractive, due to the more powerful server, firewall option, and unmetered bandwidth. However, I sent their sales personnel an email requesting some details and haven't heard back in almost 24 hours whereas ultrahosting was available for a live chat immediately. Also, I've heard bad things about unmetered bandwidth quality in general (not specific to this host). I'd rather pay more for limited bandwidth and have it be high quality. Option #1 said that if I exceed the 250GB mark they'll just auto upgrade me to their next level, which is quite fair I think.

Have you heard anything good or bad about these hosts? Or, any other options it'd be worth considering?

Thanks!

#1 seems fairly expensive for the bandwidth that is provided.

#2 seems fairly cheap for the bandwidth that is provided.

I just checked ultrahosting's offers on the website and I don't see any package that comes with 250GB bandwidth. All of them come with 1000GB bandwidth minimum. Is this a custom package they offered you?
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Honestly I would go with option 1 because their support is there for you. If you don't hear from a company in 24 hours, then if you went with them and had a major issue on your server, who knows it will ever get done?

Also regarding unmetered bandwidth, what connection is it on? my guess is a 10MBPS. The definition of shared unmetered bandwidth is it is on a first come first serve basis, which means rarely will you ever actually get to use the full potential of your unmetered bandwidth.

Just something to think on
    Crissic Solutions, LLC - Affordable VPS Solutions.
    Our business is based on Honesty & Transparency!

Quote Originally Posted by sTag-Dan View Post
    I just checked ultrahosting's offers on the website and I don't see any package that comes with 250GB bandwidth. All of them come with 1000GB bandwidth minimum. Is this a custom package they offered you?
    It is a custom designed system, using their system builder thing.

I dont know anything about either host but you could buy the best server around and if you cant get a hold of your host when it matters it doesnt really matter what hardware you have. Even if you only need help once a year, if it takes 24 hours to hear back you could lose a lot of business in one day. Good luck.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

i would suggest you to go for a Pentium powered machine. This processor is pretty old now and it is not a server processor. You would get Core 2 Duo for $120 - $150 /month. Just search the offers section or contact those web hosts you've mentioned above and ask them about Core2Duo server.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Ultrahosting

I asked specifically about their enterprise accounts and they confirmed that Mazda, Chrysler, Xerox are all hosted at their data centers. They seem to have a good history of managed hosting large companies. I ended up buying a dedicated server from them and it went very smooth.