* My Servage Review. << Dnt Shift to Servage >>

From the day i shifted my site to servage hosting , i became webSLAVE from webmaster , they took away the write to have my own 404 not found page , according to there stats i was having 342 unique users with 30,893 pagevies which means each user viewing 100 page/day ON my 2 page website.

4 lacks HITS
    This is there weapon of mass distruction , they would love to suspend your site and put there own instead once you cross 4 lacks hits , best way to remain in that limit is not to view your own site !!

(if you are about to shift to servage i would like you to ask them why they hv not mention this limit on there webpage ??)

5,000 (servage)GB/month
    its actually 160 (servage)GB/day ,for e.g if you use 100 (servage)GB today you cant use 200 servageGB next day .

Why i am writing "servage GB " not "GB" ?
    because there GB is many times lesser than actual GB you know.

I have only two pages on my site taking total space of 50 KB , but my previous monthly bandwidth i used was 300 GB !!

They think i would not shift to some other host since no one offer 300GB/month for 6.5 $ ,

would keep updating it as long as my suffering goes with servage.net.
    Last edited by toy_boy; 03-13-2008 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Shame On You Servage.

what domain do you host with them? Just wondering...
    How long are you with them? If you still can and aren't satisfied, take back your bucks and choose another host.
    What do you mean by telling
    because there GB is many times lesser than actual GB you know.
    Any proof of it?
    Do you have Awstatus on your site control panel? If yes, please check it, it shows realistic reviews. Or just make a screenshot and post it here.
    Besides: why did you choose overselling host? You know 300 gigabytes / month for 6,5$ isn't realistic.

COnclusions:
    1) count your real needs
    2) retreat if not satisfied.

Wow, sounds awful to be honest. I would look into other host who do not over sell so much. And ones who actually offer the amount of space given. I dont think i would like not being able to have my custom error pages and things like that.

And as far as replacing your site with theres, thing is utterly stupid. That is not what you pay for in a host for them to slap theres over it.

I would consider looking around if you cant stand it anymore.
    BlueWire-Hosting - Well priced, and affordable hosting. With a helping staff and blazing support!
    cPanel/WHM RvSkins Fantastico de Luxe 24/7 Support
    PHP5 With Rewrite for PHP4 SiteBuilder Ruby On Rails Perl mySql
    | Custom Plans Available | Resellers | Shared |

I have only two pages on my site taking total space of 50 KB , but my previous monthly bandwidth i used was 300 GB !!
    That is strange, to say the least.

Interesting is what happens if we multiply the 50KB with the 30K page views (per day I assume) and the 30 days of the month. We get under 50GB of data transfer.

There seems to be a recurring theme with Servage miscalculating people's transfer and request statistics. I've seen such claims come up a number of times now from completely independent customers.

I need to check my site everyday because some times they just remove my site and i have to inform them about this to get back my site.
    Sometimes they appologieze and sometimes they act like everthing was perfect after correcting it.

I have already paid for sixmonths so cant afford to leave them , & servage is taking full advantage of it , i asked them to return back my money exactly after 7 dayz , if i had got the return i wd not be here.

To my all friends go to VPS , there is hardly anything know as good share host .

I would definitely switch to a host that doesn't resell.

I didn't think Servage did resell?

sorry, "oversell"

They don't hav awstats, they have their own control panel and from what I've learned the clustered setup does not allow awstats or similar to run.
    their "mis-count" of actual transfer has been verified in earlier posts here. Short story: if someone starts to download a 100MB file from you and then abort after 1MB the stat will still show 100MB. If someone use a download accelerator software who split the file into ten pieces it will count as 1000MB instead of 100MB.
    -Mr Bister

Another bad review about a company which oversells. Just go and find a host that doesn't oversell and which offers quality hosting. Don't be fooled by unlimited space/bandwidth.
    :: PerlArcade - Play Online Games

A nightmare, I have to admit.
    Run if / when you can. There are any reputable, non overselling hosts that would really care about you and give you resources you do really need for a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbister View Post
    They don't hav awstats, they have their own control panel and from what I've learned the clustered setup does not allow awstats or similar to run.
    their "mis-count" of actual transfer has been verified in earlier posts here. Short story: if someone starts to download a 100MB file from you and then abort after 1MB the stat will still show 100MB. If someone use a download accelerator software who split the file into ten pieces it will count as 1000MB instead of 100MB.
    That's absolutely pathetic.

Yet another reason to not host with Servage, I've seen nothing bout threads on issues with Servage here lately.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mrbister View Post
    this might be one of the reason why you cant trust there stats ,i chought them red handed on the third day of hosting since b4 that i was on cpanel and know how much bandwidth my site really eat , but they delay the response till 5 dayz by making silly excuse and after that they just took over everything and dont even reply if i talk about there fake stats....