54 69.23%
  • APF - BFD

24 30.77%

Thread: CSF vs APF

CSF vs APF

welcome guys

am using CSF and LFD but i got some problems
    like blocking for anything !!
    some time when my netconnexion become slow i click on the link many time to be opened ! so csf think thats a port scan issue so it block me !!
    thats normal to me i can change my ip , but my clients some time they couldnt to change their ip so they thing that the server is Offline

this problem i dont get it when i use APF

whats the best APF or CSF
    if CSF , are there any solution for this issue !!

thanks

Try putting low settings? I like CSF. It has an easy interface that can be integrated with whm. Also I had it installed for a few days now, so far so good.

Hasn't the development of APF stopped a long time ago?

Can I have the version details of CSF, LFD and OS, so that i can advice you.

Thanks.
    Sysfirm
    So you think your server is secure?
    Try our security Service
    With SysFirm

thanks alot guys

Can I have the version details of CSF, LFD and OS, so that i can advice you.

Thanks.
    am running the latest version off CSF/LFD with Cpanel server running Redhat Enterprise linux 5.1

I am converting all of my servers from APF to CSF! Easier to use and everything seems to be under one umbrella!

ok.... you can adjust the trigger time, this way people doesn't affect so much.
    Sysfirm
    So you think your server is secure?
    Try our security Service
    With SysFirm

Quote Originally Posted by ST-Mike View Post
    Hasn't the development of APF stopped a long time ago?
    Not that I know of, he doesn't update it too often anymore but it really doesn't need to be. It isn't APF that would cause someone to hack into your server, it would be a vulnerability with iptables, so as long as you keep iptables up to date, APF or CSF should work fine.

I personally like APF and have always used it along with BFD with never any problems.

Remember, APF and CSF both aren't firewalls, they are just the utilities to control iptables, the actual firewall.

I have been using APF/BFD for years but have recently made the tranition to CSF/LFD, at least on cPanel boxes. CSF is great just for the Interface alone, since it allows clients to easily make changes to their allow/deny lists without touching SSH.

Thanks Guys
    finnaly my vote go with CSF

i think iptable can be the best with some of modifaction it can run as a firewall and Brute force detection ! ( is that possible ? )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
    It isn't APF that would cause someone to hack into your server, it would be a vulnerability with iptables, so as long as you keep iptables up to date, APF or CSF should work fine.
    Really? I think it's safe to say CSF has had more vulnerablities than "iptables" ever has.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]