Thread: live streaming

live streaming

i want to ask you something if you know...we have the support of a small tv channel here in my area...they want to have their program live in the net....do you know any good company to give good prices of media live streaming or anything that i can see to help me....maybe some resseler plans in these??...any advices for the type of streaming...anything will be useful....

i want to suggest me a company to be in resseler level...the site will have the maximum 20 users the same time connected...the quality i don't want to bethe best,justy good...

Where are you located?
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

You could just use a service like http://live.yahoo.com and use your TV capture card instead of a webcam. It's free, decent quality, and supports lots of users, but is rather unprofessional and probably against yahoo's TOS.
    If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.
    Lord Chesterfield

Most shoutcast providers offer nsv format as well as audio. shop arround you will find quite a bit out there if you google it.

ustream.tv and mogulus could also work for you...

Quote Originally Posted by kteo View Post
    i want to ask you something if you know...we have the support of a small tv channel here in my area...they want to have their program live in the net....do you know any good company to give good prices of media live streaming or anything that i can see to help me....maybe some resseler plans in these??...any advices for the type of streaming...anything will be useful....

i want to suggest me a company to be in resseler level...the site will have the maximum 20 users the same time connected...the quality i don't want to bethe best,justy good...

Just buy a vps and install a shoutcast works the best, you will need nsvcap, and some other programs, you basically get a tvtuner connect it up with your computer, use your fta box (whatever you use) and connect it to the tuner. Open nsvcap and change the channel to your channel. Next you enter in stream details. Tell the viewers to download a pack you give them, they'll be set in minutes. If you want more help private message me here or add me @ [email protected]