hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Specialty Hosting and Markets : live streaming

Forum Jump

live streaming

Reply Post New Thread In Specialty Hosting and Markets Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 03:48 AM
WHT Addict

live streaming

i want to ask you something if you know...we have the support of a small tv channel here in my area...they want to have their program live in the net....do you know any good company to give good prices of media live streaming or anything that i can see to help me....maybe some resseler plans in these??...any advices for the type of streaming...anything will be useful....

i want to suggest me a company to be in resseler level...the site will have the maximum 20 users the same time connected...the quality i don't want to bethe best,justy good...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Rockin' the beer gut

Where are you located?

Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

You could just use a service like http://live.yahoo.com and use your TV capture card instead of a webcam. It's free, decent quality, and supports lots of users, but is rather unprofessional and probably against yahoo's TOS.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Most shoutcast providers offer nsv format as well as audio. shop arround you will find quite a bit out there if you google it.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Web Hosting Master

ustream.tv and mogulus could also work for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kteo View Post
i want to ask you something if you know...we have the support of a small tv channel here in my area...they want to have their program live in the net....do you know any good company to give good prices of media live streaming or anything that i can see to help me....maybe some resseler plans in these??...any advices for the type of streaming...anything will be useful....

i want to suggest me a company to be in resseler level...the site will have the maximum 20 users the same time connected...the quality i don't want to bethe best,justy good...

Old 03-25-2008, 06:51 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Just buy a vps and install a shoutcast works the best, you will need nsvcap, and some other programs, you basically get a tvtuner connect it up with your computer, use your fta box (whatever you use) and connect it to the tuner. Open nsvcap and change the channel to your channel. Next you enter in stream details. Tell the viewers to download a pack you give them, they'll be set in minutes. If you want more help private message me here or add me @ dj-beatz@rapid-beatz.com

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
An Overview of Cloud-Enabled CES Announcements Web Hosting News 2014-01-10 16:30:50
LeaseWeb Adds New PoPs in Europe, US to Expand CDN Capacity Web Hosting News 2013-10-29 10:19:45
LeaseWeb Launches In-House Developed CDN Service Web Hosting News 2013-06-10 13:07:38
Filipino Startup Offerchat Introduces Connectivity Improvements to Free Live Chat Tool Web Hosting News 2013-05-14 16:48:31
OnApp Adds VMware Support with OnApp Cloud Version 3.0 - HostingCon 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-07-17 15:49:06