Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Review] twenty4web

I have recently tried the host twenty4web and it is truly a great host! The owner has been nothing but help, and my site is running great off of their blazing fast servers. I get a large amount of space and bandwidth at a very reasonable price! This site completely meets and exceeds my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone!

Link: www.twenty4web.com
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you for the review. Can you share a site you host with them please? You may either post in this thread, or submit it privately for review by clicking this link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=5006420. Thanks!
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.
      0 Not allowed!

How long have you had your account with them? No offense, I believe new company can be a good one, but it seems like twenty4web is almost brand new.
      0 Not allowed!

The ownership apparently changed hands a few days back, if this thread is accurate: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=674409
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jrcdude View Post
    I have recently tried the host twenty4web and it is truly a great host! The owner has been nothing but help, and my site is running great off of their blazing fast servers. I get a large amount of space and bandwidth at a very reasonable price! This site completely meets and exceeds my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone!

Link: www.twenty4web.com
    You really should verify your domain as mentioned above by the Forum Moderator.

Thanks
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/
      0 Not allowed!

Sure, site is:

www.clickvertiser.net
      0 Not allowed!

That's a pretty good review for a site that's only been in "business" for a few days and doesn't have valid whois contact information:

Expiration Date: 2009-02-11 00:00:00
    Creation Date: 2008-02-11 18:55:33

Domain Name: twenty4web.com
    Registrar: Spot Domain LLC

Expiration Date: 2009-02-11 00:00:00
    Creation Date: 2008-02-11 18:55:33

Name Servers:
    ns1.twenty4web.com
    ns2.twenty4web.com

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
    twenty4web.com
    J T
    Kitchener
    Kitcnener
    Ontario
    N1H 7A4
    CA
    Phone: +1.5198224343
    http://www.hostpc.com
    DirectAdmin servers for hosting, resellers and your dedicated needs.
    Hosting, Resellers, Dedicated Managed and Unmanaged servers
    Hosting since 11/98 - Specializing in DirectAdmin since 8/03
      0 Not allowed!

All these new comers will give best service till they get sufficient number of customers.
    Because you may be from a handful of customers, so service will be good now, but if it explodes you will cry soon.
    Cheap web hosting directory with reviews of shared web hosting providers

Bluehost review - hosting features, support, and uptime
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Friend2 View Post
    All these new comers will give best service till they get sufficient number of customers.
    Because you may be from a handful of customers, so service will be good now, but if it explodes you will cry soon.
    Is that what has happened to you and your customers?
    Please don't bash my review, is this not the correct place for someone to write a review? or must I pay WHT to let someone review here without the bashing?

Seems to me like my customer has been jumped on for doing something nice.

Quote Originally Posted by hostpc.com View Post
    That's a pretty good review for a site that's only been in "business" for a few days and doesn't have valid whois contact information:
    The whois information provided is valid.. what are you talking about? perhaps you would like to call the number provided? and i will tell you in person that you are wrong!

I can't believe the admins or mods of WHT would allow the bashing.
    It's a clear indication of trying to control the hosting market... is the money you recieve for the bashing worth it?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by twenty4web View Post
    The whois information provided is valid.. what are you talking about? perhaps you would like to call the number provided? and i will tell you in person that you are wrong!
    From your domain registrars agreement (paragraph 4):

you are required to provide when registering or reserving a domain name: (i) the domain name(s) registered by you; (ii) your name and postal address; (iii) the name(s), postal address(es), e-mail address(es), voice telephone number and where available the fax number(s) of the technical and administrative contacts for your domain name(s);

That information does not exist in your current whois record. My comments concerning the review were justified as even your site was put online less than 30 days ago, and appears (according to another post in this thread) to have been marketed within the last 30 days as well. I can't even find you listed in google at this point, so yes, it's suspicious how a user, with no posting history, came to find you - and wht to post his first review already.

If I'm wrong, and you've perhaps been in business for many months - or google indexed under another name - something we're not seeing, then I offer my apology for jumping to conclusions.

Have a nice day.
    http://www.hostpc.com
    DirectAdmin servers for hosting, resellers and your dedicated needs.
    Hosting, Resellers, Dedicated Managed and Unmanaged servers
    Hosting since 11/98 - Specializing in DirectAdmin since 8/03
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    The ownership apparently changed hands a few days back, if this thread is accurate: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=674409

The thread is accurate however, the statement "changed hands" is incorrect.

Twenty4web.com was sold, pending the new owner can provide the required business plan and other information requested by me and the buyer in private.

This has not been done, and so the company remains in my hands and will do so until decided, perhaps I will PM you on the event it does happen or post back here.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hostpc.com View Post
    From your domain registrars agreement (paragraph 4):

you are required to provide when registering or reserving a domain name: (i) the domain name(s) registered by you; (ii) your name and postal address; (iii) the name(s), postal address(es), e-mail address(es), voice telephone number and where available the fax number(s) of the technical and administrative contacts for your domain name(s);

That information does not exist in your current whois record. My comments concerning the review were justified as even your site was put online less than 30 days ago, and appears (according to another post in this thread) to have been marketed within the last 30 days as well. I can't even find you listed in google at this point, so yes, it's suspicious how a user, with no posting history, came to find you - and wht to post his first review already.

If I'm wrong, and you've perhaps been in business for many months - or google indexed under another name - something we're not seeing, then I offer my apology for jumping to conclusions.

Have a nice day.
    twenty4web is in google http://www.l.google.com/search?hl=en...=Google+Search

and you are plainly mis-spelling or insane, which is it?
    My address is there and so is my telephone number, perhaps you are not familiar with Canada?

Maybe you need to clear your Cache?
    Last edited by twenty4web; 03-13-2008 at 01:12 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

The street address of the WHOIS records appears to be incomplete. I'm not able to locate the address using Google Maps. Of course whether that information is important is a matter of opinion. All I know of my web host owner is that he lives somewhere in Australia, and I'm fine just knowing that .
      0 Not allowed!

twenty4web,

nice clickvertiser.com ad on your joesource site.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, I am not sure what it has to do with anything? If you think it makes you a better business person, all the power to you.

The servers are not located in my house, and I run a office from my home, we also move alot, so if i move next month I don't know if I will update my information.
    I also have children, not sure why you are so oblivious as to why someone might want to keep certain aspects private
    (unless you of course you are one of these teenagers I hear about running your own business)

Our largest plan is $9.99 a month Canadian, I highly doubt since we use paypal a street # or street is needed as paypal has all that information.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by db09 View Post
    twenty4web,

nice clickvertiser.com ad on your joesource site.
    yes, I provide advertising, are people jealous or just bored?

It's clear you are bashing, it's rather immature, but thanks for the traffic!
      0 Not allowed!

i'm not bashing. just curious

is that vB you are running?
      0 Not allowed!

i'm not bashing. just curious
    Are you looking at moving your website from innohosting ?

Just curious
      0 Not allowed!

nope. quite happy.
      0 Not allowed!

I am glad to hear! please waste your time on their threads then as you are not a customer of mine and you are clearly bashing, bored and immature
      0 Not allowed!

kk. tnks for the advice, buddy.
      0 Not allowed!

I am not your buddy
      0 Not allowed!

figure of speech.
      0 Not allowed!

Just can't understand why you would come here to start trouble....
    maybe because ...hmmm... I wonder...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...=677006&page=2

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=677742

and those are only two...
      0 Not allowed!

Not very professional of you Twenty4Web to even try initiate and continue an argument like this, which is ever so petty..

Man up a bit, and act a bit more professional.
      0 Not allowed!

That very comment makes no sense, I am sticking up for bashing and B.S
    and I will continue to do so... If you think i am going to sit here and let you or your friends try to bash a post made by a customer, you are very wrong. there are invalid points being made and i have addressed them, I am also addressing the fact that people from other hosting companies are jumping in to try and create issues where there is none.

I believe acting on behalf of a customer is very professional.
    pitty it isn't for your standards.
      0 Not allowed!

i don't work for innohosting, i am a customer. i recommended (and other companies that i have past experience with) them to people looking for plans that are similar to those that they offer...much like your customer did.

it's what people do here.

otherwise there would be a billion "recommend a host, please" threads with no responses.
      0 Not allowed!

Like I said, this is a review done by a customer, it's not your review, it's not your hoster and really has nothing to do if a forum has vb or whatever. It is a clear indication of Bored, desperate people lashing out because they are simple minded.

This statement does not go towards valid remarks, but tell me why you would post such irrelevant posts like the "VB" statement?
      0 Not allowed!

i wasn't trying to bash you at all.

(if you are using vb) it looks unique, which is why i asked. if anything i was giving your site a compliment. you chose not to take it that way.

i think (am confident) you have misinterpreted everything i have said in this thread.

the only person i have seen, in this thread, who is aggressively going after people and hurling insults is you.

chill out, seriously.

anyways, i'm done here. have fun and good luck with your hosting venture.
    Last edited by db09; 03-13-2008 at 02:34 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

(if you are using vb) it looks unique, which is why i asked. if anything i was giving your site a compliment. you chose not to take it that way.

i wasn't trying to bash you at all. i think (am confident) you have misinterpreted everything i have said in this thread.

the only person i have seen, in this thread, who is aggressively going after people and hurling insults is you.

chill out, seriously.

anyways, i'm done here. have fun!
    While I thank you for my misinterperted VB compliment which again has absolutely nothing to do with this post, I will continue to defend myself.

Like my website states..... Real Hosting! Real People!
      0 Not allowed!

You are saying that WHT received money to allow bashing of your web site. I would like to refute this and put on record that it is a baseless accusation.

Regarding your accusation that we are trying to control the hosting market, we do not do hosting, this is a web hosting forum, pure and simple.

Please substantiate the above two accusations.

Is that what has happened to you and your customers?
    Please don't bash my review, is this not the correct place for someone to write a review? or must I pay WHT to let someone review here without the bashing?

Seems to me like my customer has been jumped on for doing something nice.

I can't believe the admins or mods of WHT would allow the bashing.
    It's a clear indication of trying to control the hosting market... is the money you recieve for the bashing worth it?
      0 Not allowed!

Whatever

are you guys really that bored?
      0 Not allowed!

you will sit here and alow posts about VB in a review from one of my customers.

they come onto WHT , make a review and you jump all over them.
    I defend them and you jump all over me. so, say what you want , it's crap.
      0 Not allowed!

you are just catering to scams and nonsense, there are a lot of good hosting companies that would agree.
      0 Not allowed!

You guys are the biggest reason there is all the B.S

it says MUST I pay.

I was referring to the double standards you allow yourselves and your rules.
    if you read the post it clearly indicates a customer getting swarmed with stupidity.

how would you feel as a customer having 20 questions thrown at you by bored people who ask questions about Vb?

then have the moderators/admins sit and laugh as they break their own rules.
    Last edited by twenty4web; 03-13-2008 at 08:15 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

And you make 4 posts in 10 minutes without just editting the first one ?

I think we all know who is bored and wants attention.

This was meant to be a positive review for your company and now this thread reads more like a tombstone.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !
      0 Not allowed!

Whatever

are you guys really that bored?
    You are the one attacking everyone, the only user being immature in here is you. No, I don't care about your personal life or anything like that, however WHT is the way it is, if they are legitimate issues, we will discuss them, this isn't your forum, so what makes you think you can run it?

If you can prove your point, power to you, but if you got nothing, you shouldn't have stood up in the first place.
      0 Not allowed!

again another pointless remark, I am speaking my mind, if you don't like it i am not here to please you
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Salter View Post
    You are the one attacking everyone, the only user being immature in here is you. No, I don't care about your personal life or anything like that, however WHT is the way it is, if they are legitimate issues, we will discuss them, this isn't your forum, so what makes you think you can run it?

If you can prove your point, power to you, but if you got nothing, you shouldn't have stood up in the first place.

run it? explain that please.
      0 Not allowed!

again another pointless remark, I am speaking my mind, if you don't like it i am not here to please you
    Yet you have a problem with others speaking their mind? If i am not mistaken, you are the one coming up with the snarky comments like "I'm not your buddy"...

You are the one making yourself look bad. Defending your company is one thing, what you are doing, is completely the opposite.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast