Selling UK Based Servers (Double the price of US?)

Hello

We need help selling our UK servers.We used to be based in the US under another name.We thought we would be able to easily sell servers in our home country.No one seems intressted because of the high price.

Advise us please.

Maybe try lowering them? Duh.

You answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
    Maybe try lowering them? Duh.

You answered your own question.
    Its not that easy.Remember we have to survice.

Well you need to target your local market as the UK is a smaller market and is dominated by hosts like fasthosts and uk2 and lots of Medium hosts, I Can probably list 10 right now.

If you don't have a local market you can target or either complete offerings (such as managed servers with telephone support) or incredibly low pricing then I'd suggest a change.

If you can't get customers now with the exchange rate at 2 for 1, your not going to in the near future and need to seriously re-think your business plan.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Quote Originally Posted by MountedWeb View Post
    Its not that easy.Remember we have to survice.
    What is your website link?

Maybe try re-thinking your business plan or create and advertise a promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
    What is your website link?

Maybe try re-thinking your business plan or create and advertise a promotion?
    Http://www.mountedweb.co.uk

I am thinking direct sales via local business lists.

local is best in the uk, target the consumer with shared, reseller and vps. It works really well for me.

Look to local business who have a need for hosting but maybe not a dedicated right now, perhaps in the future, at least you can get them on board.

UK hosting will never be cheaper than US but you need to ask yourself if it really matters to them that they are hosted in the UK?

Perhaps try locations in europe which will still give improved performance than 200ms pings to the US, that said you can lower your pings to about 120ms-150ms which is perfectly acceptable by hosting on the east coast. But again does it really matter?

Other advice is dont launch an incomplete website like you have at the moment, its does not fill people with confidence to see under construction pages.

Sometimes you need to think small to make it big. I started in the UK 5 years ago, took me a year to get a regular of 25 customer, year 2 80, year 3 170, year 4 360, and year 5 I have 500+ customers at any one time.

It took some work, but I would not comprimise cost over quality and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by wisenerl View Post
    local is best in the uk, target the consumer with shared, reseller and vps. It works really well for me.

Look to local business who have a need for hosting but maybe not a dedicated right now, perhaps in the future, at least you can get them on board.

UK hosting will never be cheaper than US but you need to ask yourself if it really matters to them that they are hosted in the UK?

Perhaps try locations in europe which will still give improved performance than 200ms pings to the US, that said you can lower your pings to about 120ms-150ms which is perfectly acceptable by hosting on the east coast. But again does it really matter?

Other advice is dont launch an incomplete website like you have at the moment, its does not fill people with confidence to see under construction pages.

Sometimes you need to think small to make it big. I started in the UK 5 years ago, took me a year to get a regular of 25 customer, year 2 80, year 3 170, year 4 360, and year 5 I have 500+ customers at any one time.

It took some work, but I would not comprimise cost over quality and it worked.
    Thank you so much , the best response so far.