Sharing host - any problem if same server host illegal/adult sites?

Hi,

I am a newbie with hosting issues. I want to host my subdomain eg subdomainname.mydomain.com on a separate server. My questions are:

1) My main domain resides on my dedicated server. I want my subdomain to reside on a shared server package I am about to buy. How do I create a subdomain to reside on a separate server? What are the steps?

2) I also want to buy a shared server package. I am very afraid of sharing same server with illegal site or adult sites. I am afraid that it will hurt my main domain. Is there any truth to it that search engines like Google may penalize you for having any relation or if your IP source is almost the same/same server? Anyone ever had any problem like that?

Thanks in advance.

1 - When you have your shared account setup, just make sure it is setup for the full subdomain "subdomainname.mydomain.com". Then on your nameserver make an entry for your subdomain pointing to the appropriate IP that is hosting the subdomain.

2 - Not sure of the Google penalizations but either way I would suggest going with a reputable host that doesn't allow "adult" content on their network that way you don't have to worry about it existing in the first place, or at least know they will remedy the problem quickly should someone try.

Also, I just want to add to the entry part. You'll need to do an A entry, and point it to the IP of the shared. When it does that, it will go to the shared server, and work properly.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

I've been involved in cases where a DMCA complaint was sent to our datacenter, and the datacenter took down our server immediately (along with all of our clients). So yes, that is always an issue.
    If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.
    Lord Chesterfield

Also, some discussions said that in-lining with sites that are penalized by google may hurt your site because you have the same IP.