Question What is a good stats tool?

I have an account on a shared server with Cpanel. Can anyone recommend a good stats tool that I can install on my server? I would like to know stuff like uptime, average downtime per month and server load.

Tanks.

Are you looking for stats tools or monitoring ones. They are different tools.
    For stats tools I reccomend you using log based tools like webalizer etс. For monitoring - use out of your server located - something like hosttracker or so.
    Santrex Internet Services
    Shared Hosting & Dedicated Servers & Shells
    High Quality Only!

For bandwidth and stuff like that, I like Awstats. For server load, I like status2k. For uptime and stuff like that, I would use a third party monitoring service.
    :: Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    :: Introducing real fully managed VPS servers!
    :: Check it out: www.PreciselyManaged.com/vps-hosting.html
    :: Security Mailing List for Hosting Providers

Thanks. I used to use something called 'sysinfo' but then suddenly it stopped working on my server.

you can always install java script based web traffic monitoring tools like google analytics.

I like Google Analytics a lot, although it's not a substitution for a log analyzer and is not instant (like some stat programs) it's very detailed and can help quite a bit.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting, LLC - Professional Hosting Solutions
    LiteSpeed Powered - Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    For high-end shared accounts ideal for business, check out our Premium offerings!
    http://www.mddhosting.com/ - Providing Quality Services since 2007

for "live stats" I use the "Latest Visitors" option from cPanel's Web Stats panel.

If you're looking for a stats tool to monitor number of visitors, etc. there is AW-stats as mentioned. Usually it is included with a cPanel-based account.

Just be aware that for instance the list of which countries the visitors come from is totally useless - such a function is based on a list of IP-addresses and needs to be updated regularly. AND I don't think the AW-stats IP list has ever been updated...
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Quote Originally Posted by UH-Bobby View Post
    For bandwidth and stuff like that, I like Awstats. For server load, I like status2k. For uptime and stuff like that, I would use a third party monitoring service.

We have the same tools using, they are enough for me so I would recommend them too.

Awstats is great and comes installed on cpanel.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkSpace View Post
    Awstats is great and comes installed on cpanel.
    I agree! Google analytics comes to mind as well, I've been using it for months.
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

12. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com