Question Dedicated octa-core Xeon

Looking for pricing for a server with the following specs:

- Dual Xeon Quad-Core 5xxx-series, 2ghz+
    - 16gb memory
    - RAID5 array with usable capacity of 1tb+ (ie, 4x250gb, 3x500gb, whatever)
    - 100mb uplink port
    - 1tb+ monthly transfer
    - (IMPORTANT) Remote management card (ILO, DRAC, IPMI2, etc - card that will allow CDROM emulation) -- please do not offer servers with just an IP-KVM option; that won't work for me.

Server needs to be in a facility with redundant internet links, power, cooling, etc. No management or OS necessary - I'll take care of all of that.

Thanks!

4x250GB won't give you 1TB of usable space, as the RAID array uses alot. 5x250GB and 3x500GB will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JelloX View Post
    4x250GB won't give you 1TB of usable space, as the RAID array uses alot. 5x250GB and 3x500GB will be enough.
    Sigh, indeed - brainfart, thanks.

On a side note, if anyone happens to sell servers with RAID controllers that support RAID 6, that's a good thing.

Jason B. from Caro.net has a pretty good offer on a 8-core Xeon, going to give that a shot - I will let you all know how it goes!

Wow that was fast, you must have read his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by natecarlson View Post
    Jason B. from Caro.net has a pretty good offer on a 8-core Xeon, going to give that a shot - I will let you all know how it goes!
    FYI - been quite happy with Caro so far.. fast response time to my needs, and they got the server up nice and quick. Bandwidth has been great also.

FYI - been quite happy with Caro so far.. fast response time to my needs, and they got the server up nice and quick. Bandwidth has been great also.
    Care to tell us how you contact him originally? or did he contact you? the reason I say that is because we (vendors) are not supposed to PM you with deals, so it would be very interesting to know how you ended up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexDrive View Post
    Care to tell us how you contact him originally? or did he contact you? the reason I say that is because we (vendors) are not supposed to PM you with deals, so it would be very interesting to know how you ended up with them.
    Hmm, interesting - wasn't aware there were rules about vendors pm'ing in response to posts.

I believe he shot me an IM with the details..

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexDrive View Post
    Not saying this isn't a rule, but I'm curious where it is? I don't see anything explicitly not permitting it in the rules.

I know users are supposed to use the ad/offer sections or host quotes but the only limitation I see about PMing is you shouldn't PM those who are posting in response to ads as it qualifies as trying to snipe customers.

I think SoftLayer has something like this for about $1400/mo list price, I have seen other stuff in the offer section for quite a bit lower...
    AppliedOperations - Premium Service
    Bandwidth | Colocation | Hosting | Managed Services | Consulting
    www.appliedops.net

Quote Originally Posted by serverminds View Post
    Not saying this isn't a rule, but I'm curious where it is? I don't see anything explicitly not permitting it in the rules.

I know users are supposed to use the ad/offer sections or host quotes but the only limitation I see about PMing is you shouldn't PM those who are posting in response to ads as it qualifies as trying to snipe customers.

If you SPAM our members in any manner, your account will be disabled. Do not contact anyone to suggest your product or service who is not explicitly expecting you to contact them from an advertising forum post. If you glean information from anywhere other than the advertising forums and use that information to contact someone and present an offer, it's SPAM and it will affect your WHT account standing.

Sending an offer via PM would be considered SPAM, unless it is requested information.
    Ryan - Limestone Networks - Client Relations Manager
    Cloud, Dedicated & Enterprise Hosting - Premium Network - DDoS Protection Available
    Dedicated Servers @LimestoneInc - limestonenetworks.com - 877.586.0555

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan - Limestone View Post

Sending an offer via PM would be considered SPAM, unless it is requested information.

Ah, I was the original poster - so it certainly would not be spam in this case.

Ah, I was the original poster - so it certainly would not be spam in this case.
    Yes it is spam. This is not an advertising forum, therefore members may NOT respond with offers, either in a post or via other means.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.