Innohosting.com v skynethosting.net

Im interested to know from people who are currently with the above hosts a minimum of 3 months and can provide feedback on their experiences especially regarding support, any downtime and speed.im based in n.ireland and have narrowed down my choice of a host to these 2 companies, both offer UK hosting options at extra cost although i may be happy to just use US servers to start.

Innohosting is one of the reseller accounts I have and they are excellent. I've been with them now for 6 months and have zero complaints. I have not experienced any downtime in that time and only two serious issues that turned out to be users who messed up a setting (which Innohosting fixed for us very quickly). I have a total of 8 tickets with them and they have been answered very quickly and professionally (other then the two issues noted above they have all been requests). Speeds are great, server load is very low and better then some VPS accounts I've been testing lately. My ping times to the server are also very good (but that's for me in CA).

Hope that helps.

I have been with skynethosting.net about a year with with their reseller plan. I got my tickets answered within less than 5 minutes to 4 hours. Live chat is not 24/7 but they are very helpful when they are online, I could not believe but once they installed WHMCS for me in like 15 minutes. I did not experience any downtime over the year except a 3 hour downtime on my server due to power problem on their data center. They have kept me and others property updated from skynethostingtalk.com during the downtime. Server response is good and looks stable.

Hope this would help....
    VPS user reviews coming soon!

thanks for reviews. alex where is your server located, UK or US?how often did you have to wait four hours for a reply?
    anyone else with skynethosting?

i happily host with innohosting. you can check my recent review here.

thanks for that but little disapointed not more skynethosting reviews.i will hold fire for now and maybe a special deal will come up that i wont be able to say no to! Roll on any st.patricks day offers

honestly, i haven't seen many skynet reviews here. this isn't necessarily bad. they advertise on WHY quite often, so either they aren't getting much business or their customers have been happy. you are much more likely to see negative reviews here as opposed to positive ones.

the only review i was (easily) able to find can be read : here

the only contact i ever had with them was with their sales department about a year ago. the response actually got filtered into my gmail spam box, so i was under the impression they were slow. however, in reality, i did receive the response pretty quick.
    Last edited by db09; 03-12-2008 at 01:46 PM.

One thing I liked most about SkyNet is that they use RAID-10! I have not seen that being used in Reseller accounts. Most Reselling providers use RAID-1 or no RAID at all. It's VPS providers that use RAID10.

Skynet surely looks good for a pre-sales session. I even read thru their TOS/AUP and they seem to be clear about quite a few things which is good. Gives an impression that they know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by fergal View Post
    thanks for reviews. alex where is your server located, UK or US?how often did you have to wait four hours for a reply?
    anyone else with skynethosting?
    I'm hosted in their US data center, most of the time I get a reply less than an hour but I really don't remember exact reply times as the replies are already there most of the time when I check mail etc. I'll just paste the last ticket here, hope it would help.

Alexander: Posted on 12 Mar 2008 11:25 PM
    SkyNetHosting.Net: Posted on 12 Mar 2008 11:36 PM
    SkyNetHosting.Net: Posted on 12 Mar 2008 01:14 PM
    SkyNetHosting.Net: Posted on 12 Mar 2008 02:48 PM
    Alexander: Posted on 12 Mar 2008 03:00 PM
    SkyNetHosting.Net: Posted on 12 Mar 2008 03:20 PM
    SkyNetHosting.Net: Posted on 12 Mar 2008 03:59 PM
    Alexander: Posted on 12 Mar 2008 04:06 PM
    SkyNetHosting.Net: Posted on 12 Mar 2008 05:47 PM
    Alexander: Posted on 12 Mar 2008 09:59 PM

thanks for that but little disapointed not more skynethosting reviews.i will hold fire for now and maybe a special deal will come up that i wont be able to say no to! Roll on any st.patricks day offers
    I see around 1000 results for skynethosting reviews and around 2000 for innohosting reviews

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLJ_enLK211LK211&q=skynethosting+reviews

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1T4GGLJ_enLK211LK211&q=innohosting+reviews

SKYNETHOSTING

But i think skynethosting resell some of the package from resellerzoom as i have get the same server name and IP from skynet with resellerzoom .

Quote Originally Posted by kenny yeo View Post
    But i think skynethosting resell some of the package from resellerzoom as i have get the same server name and IP from skynet with resellerzoom .
    thankyou for that, interesting,checking resellerzoom out at he moment

Hi Fegal I would recommend InnoHosting. I have tested resellerzoom their support i dun really like it but now i am with innohosting and i love their support.

Hi Fegal I would recommend InnoHosting. I have tested resellerzoom their support i dun really like it but now i am with innohosting and i love their support.
    Hey are you the Kenny who owns www.esyshub.com? I thought you are reselling www.sparkstation.net ? how is sparkstation doing vs www.Innohosting.com ?

To camnetwork

Hi camnetwork ,

First of all i am not reseller of sparks station but sparks startion and inno hosting are a good choice i have both of their services and this is what i felt i am just recommending them for someone which really want a good services.

another skynet review : http://hostjury.com/reviews/skynet-hosting

both companies seem solid.. looks like you'll be in good hands either way you decide to go.

You sure? Can you show some screen shot from cPanel showing server name?

But Resellerzoom uses RAID-1 and SkyNet says they use RAID-10! How can they resell from RZ?
    Last edited by minipro; 03-13-2008 at 02:26 PM.

First I was little worried to hear this, then I directly asked SkyNetHosting.Net and they have confirmed me that my VIP RESELLER account with them is NOT a resold account from resellerzoom. Just to make sure I did the quick comparison between the largest reseller plan that reseller zoom offer with my SkyNet reseller account and it seems I'm getting more space/traffic and most impotently I'm getting the chance to resell reseller accounts which is not something offered at reseller zoom.

Hello,

We can confirm that our reseller plans listed at http://www.skynethosting.net/linux-r...eb-hosting.htm are not resold plans from resellerzoom.com. If any of SkyNetHosting.Net resellers have any doubts feel free to contact us with your primary reseller domain name or server name. We will run the following command from shell as the root user. This will send a mail to you from root which will prove that we own the server.

----------------------------------
    [email protected] [~]# echo test mail from skynethosting.net | mail -s "test mail - skynethosting.net" [email protected] -v
    ----------------------------------
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

SkynetHosting is not good solution, believe me because I have reseller account for now with them. I'm with skynethosting more than one year and first few months was everything OK...
    But from than it was lots of downtimes (one time was few days)...
    Also last month everything is so slow so I'm really crazy... to open webmail or cpanel I can go to coffe break... I'm totally disappointed. I try everything with them to find solution but they can not offer anything good ...and every time when I ask them why are server response so slow... they told me that they check it and from their side is everything is all right...

Sorry for my bad english ... good luck

Skynethosting is one of the worst hosting. They suspend your account without notification. Their servers are down 50% all the time. Try them to believe. No harm trying because they are very cheap but you will waste your time for this company. They are reseller or subsidiary of resellerzoom which is another cheap and no quality hosting.

Of skynethosting.......
    They are reseller or subsidiary of resellerzoom which is another cheap and no quality hosting.
    Interesting.
    What you say about skynethosting being hasty in enforcing resource limits does sound exactly like RZ whom I was with for three years before moving to Innohosting where I am happy. Fast servers and great service plus a great deal.

That also appears supercifially to fit in with what kenny yeo said further up the thread about a possible relationship between the two. Notably, skynethosting deny this and I am inclined to accept that explanation. Their whole style is so radically different from RZ, not just in the way their site's look but across the board.

However, it has to be said that many hosting companies nowadays are very strict about managing resource limits so that, in itself, is no indication that skynethosting are no good, merely very protective. I will say that Inno have a more relaxed Policy that is more realistic and Reseller friendly. You won't get suspended unless there really is absolutely no alternative and, even then, only the problem site is targeted. Just how it should be.

I never had problems with RZ in respect of gratuitous suspension because I monitor which sites I host very carefully indeed. Many accounts did while I was there though and RZ was certainly way over-the-top and extremely harsh in how they dealt with these situations. Ironically, because they genuinely do really care about providing consistent service to the vast majority of non-problematical accounts. Even so, their resource limits are set very low indeed so it is very easy to fall foul of them especially with Joomla and WordPress, forum installations, etc. And they cram so many accounts onto their shared servers the CPU and Memory loads are invarioubly way too high as a norm, especially so for Budget accounts. Even Advanced accounts suffer the same problem though and speed is always an issue. Just check their forums! Full of complaints. Frankly, Delta server, the one I was on, used to run like an old lady.

This is mainly why I left RZ and I researched the market very carefully indeed before I settled on Inno. This is the first I have heard of skynethosting though and must say that my first impressions are favourable in the way that they package what they offer to resellers, especially in the area of geo-hosting and multi-platform servers. If only Inno did this.......) For a hosting outfit just starting out this is very attractive. And you also get WHMCS into the bargain. (As you do with Inno) The disc space and bandwidth offered does seem meagre though. Surprisingly so. (Inno are very generous.)

For now I am fairly confident that wild horses would not drag me back to RZ and I intend staying with Inno for some time yet. I will look more closely at skynethosting though because I love the way they have packaged their offerings, if not their paltry space and bandwidth allocations. But they are now on the radar.

Of the three, I can only recommend Innohosting.
    Last edited by Mach4-Chris; 08-05-2008 at 12:33 PM.

PS I forgot to say what really swung it for me with Inno asides from a deal that was just too good to refuse........FREE, fully brandable and anonymous 24x7 End User Support for Technical, Sales and Billing departments all integrated with WHMCS! That is a real killer offering for any small host provider setting out.

Quote Originally Posted by 45323697Alex View Post
    First I was little worried to hear this, then I directly asked SkyNetHosting.Net and they have confirmed me that my VIP RESELLER account with them is NOT a resold account from resellerzoom. Just to make sure I did the quick comparison between the largest reseller plan that reseller zoom offer with my SkyNet reseller account and it seems I'm getting more space/traffic and most impotently I'm getting the chance to resell reseller accounts which is not something offered at reseller zoom.
    We do offer a reseller program, which allows you to resell reseller accounts.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-06-2008 at 03:25 AM.
    Dylan Botha

Quote Originally Posted by sohio View Post
    Skynethosting is one of the worst hosting. They suspend your account without notification. Their servers are down 50% all the time. Try them to believe. No harm trying because they are very cheap but you will waste your time for this company. They are reseller or subsidiary of resellerzoom which is another cheap and no quality hosting.
    Resellerzoom is certainly not a "no quality" hosting company.
    We offer many solutions, one of them being a budget hosting solution. I suspect your "cheap" accusation referred to our budget plans?
    Dylan Botha

Quote Originally Posted by hzDylan View Post
    Resellerzoom is certainly not a "no quality" hosting company.
    The moot point is, whether it is "high quality" hosting any longer? Once upon a time it used to be so.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but its best that we update this this as this thread concerns our clients. One of our client who have purchased a Singapore Reseller Plan from us mentioned that it was a resoled plan from resellerzoom's Asia Pacific Reseller Plans. It was a false accusation and we have denied it in the first place.

The best example time has given over the years is that resellerzoom has discontinued their Asia Pacific Reseller Plans and our plan are still doing strong. If we were reselling from them, there's no way we could have continue ours once they have discontinued thiers.

http://www.skynethosting.net/singapo...e-reseller.htm - Live

http://www.resellerzoom.com/asia-pac...-hosting.shtml - Discontinued

We are a reseller, shared and a dedicated server provider and there's no need for us to resell anyone 's hosting plans. If any one have any doubts we are more than happy to answer them for you.
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!