Can I have some feedback on mediatemple?

Hi. I think it's time for me to move away from shared hosting. Either that, or I'm not configuring my wordpress blog properly. These are my requirements;
    - 6GB Space
    - 60GB bandwidth
    - About 7000 pageviews a day
    - Past hosts have claimed that I use high memory and CPU

Mediatemple offers an astounding deal of 100GB space and 1TB bandwidth for $20. I'm pretty sure they're overselling but a lot of sites seem to use them. Are they good? Will they cut me off? With that 1TB, I also plan to do some file hosting on the side and run about 3-5 sites. 2 will have around the same traffic as my current blog. If not mediatemple, who do you suggest? $20 is pretty much the max I will pay a month for hosting. A little lower would be preferred.

Thanks.

Btw, my site is http://vistarewired.com

Quote Originally Posted by crazlunatic View Post
    Hi. I think it's time for me to move away from shared hosting. Either that, or I'm not configuring my wordpress blog properly. These are my requirements;
    - 6GB Space
    - 60GB bandwidth
    - Past hosts have claimed that I use high memory and CPU

Mediatemple offers an astounding deal of 100GB space and 1TB bandwidth for $20. I'm pretty sure they're overselling but a lot of sites seem to use them. Are they good? Will they cut me off? With that 1TB, I also plan to do some file hosting on the side and run about 3-5 sites. 2 will have around the same traffic as my current blog. If not mediatemple, who do you suggest? $20 is pretty much the max I will pay a month for hosting. A little lower would be preferred.

Thanks.

Btw, my site is http://vistarewired.com
    All you have to do is search on here. There is plenty of information and reviews about them.

Kind Regards,

If you need only 6 GB of space and 60 GB of bandwidth why you are going for a host that offers more than 10 times that you need.
    You will get for what you pay. So go for a package that is actually needed for you and with a decent pay structure.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Do you guys think the problem is with my host, or with me? The main problem is the high cpu and memory usage.

Something in your wordpress setup must be inefficient for that kind of traffic to lead to issues on a server.

Did you try using wordpress cache or super chache?

I know some people that lowered their CPU usage by installing wordpress cache. Try it and see if it works.

Edit: For me the site loads very fast.

- Daniel
    Last edited by TmzHosting; 03-11-2008 at 05:54 PM.
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Wow, it took a bit to load. Something on there is for sure being inefficient can you think of anything this might be?

I have supercache on.

If you don't mind downtime then mediatemple will work just fine for you. They have nearly 5-20 outages per day ranging from one minute to around 30.

Quote Originally Posted by RossH View Post
    If you don't mind downtime then mediatemple will work just fine for you. They have nearly 5-20 outages per day ranging from one minute to around 30.
    Wow this is the first time I've heard of this. Have any "evidence"? Not that I doubt you, I'd just like to see it.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Thats the frst im ive heard of those outages to. Are you sure its this host?
    BlueWire-Hosting - Well priced, and affordable hosting. With a helping staff and blazing support!
    cPanel/WHM RvSkins Fantastico de Luxe 24/7 Support
    PHP5 With Rewrite for PHP4 SiteBuilder Ruby On Rails Perl mySql
    | Custom Plans Available | Resellers | Shared |

Yes...I use pingdom to monitor every minute and also use site24x7....Alex from MediaTemple also gets my emails as well....

If this is true, have you contacted MediaTemple about this or are you just assuming that they know about it?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    If this is true, have you contacted MediaTemple about this or are you just assuming that they know about it?
    I'm pretty confident that mt also has their own monitoring systems to detect outages. And RossH already mentioned that he's in contact with Alex from mt.

I must have missed the part about Ross already contacting MediaTemple, sorry.

I just hate when somebody comes here to complain but hasn't contacted the host they are complaining about. It happens entirely too much Let us know what you find out Ross.

I must have missed the part about Ross already contacting MediaTemple, sorry.

I just hate when somebody comes here to complain but hasn't contacted the host they are complaining about. It happens entirely too much Let us know what you find out Ross.
    Mike,

Alex knows about the outages and knows they are not perfect. I'll just give you some recent outages:

Pingdom DOWN alert:
    www.ahio.net (www.ahio.net) is down at 03/12/2008 03:00:21AM.

Pingdom DOWN alert:
    www.ahio.net (www.ahio.net) is down at 03/12/2008 04:58:21AM.

Pingdom DOWN alert:
    www.ahio.net (www.ahio.net) is down at 03/12/2008 05:45:21AM.

Pingdom DOWN alert:
    www.ahio.net (www.ahio.net) is down at 03/12/2008 08:07:21AM.

This is just from today so far.

Wow, thank you. I will have to keep this in mind when I suggest web hosting providers in the future. Thank you Ross.

Wow, thank you. I will have to keep this in mind when I suggest web hosting providers in the future. Thank you Ross.
    No worries, just trying to keep people educated. Just FYI:

Pingdom DOWN alert:
    www.ahio.net (www.ahio.net) is down at 03/12/2008 09:57:21AM.

Pingdom DOWN alert:
    www.ahio.net (www.ahio.net) is down at 03/12/2008 10:12:21AM.

always a fun day at (mt)

the grid is unstable and MT's support is pretty darn slow. I have a DV with them.