Enom.com Hosting

I thought I would try the hosting package offered by Enom.com and got bullied into applying for a reseller account, filled out my credit card details and have now had $200 debited off my account. What have I let myself in for? My mail gets returned.

Enom has several different levels of pricing for resellers, which is determined by how much money you show them up front. Many levels of their reseller tiers, include options to pay a low one-time fee, or a higher fee which is converted to Enom Points.

For example, to register domains for $9.45 a year, you have to pay $495 one-time, or $1495 which will be converted to enom points.

If the exact charge was $195.00, then you've just set yourself up to buy domains from them at $10.45/yr. They also offer other products such as SSL Certificates and Hosting which you now get a discount price on. The $195.00 is a one-time fee, and does not give you any Enom Points.

So basically, you've bought yourself a discount off of their normal prices, and now have the ability to resell their products.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

As a side note, Personally, I will not go for a host to register my domains and a registrar to host my sites.

It is always good to do a good research before you make a decision like this.
    Any way, what you can do now is contact them for more details. How are you trying to contact them?
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

enom provides hosting? Isn't it just for domain resale?
    If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.
    Lord Chesterfield

Once you try, please provide a feedback on them so other may also know about the support and quality.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmyWilliams View Post
    enom provides hosting? Isn't it just for domain resale?
    Yeah, Enom provides hosting, similar to Godaddy. I don't know if they use the same control panel and whatnot, but they both offer hosting services. Like others have said though, I wouldn't order both domain and hosting from the same company, it's putting all the eggs in one basket. Another viewpoint is that, typically most registrars are really good at domains, because it's their primary business, but hosting is an addon, and so it's not always high quality. I don't know if Enom, or Godaddy are any good, but I would want a company who is focused on the hosting aspect.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

wow. That is first time I hear about enom as web hosting provider. Do enom's resellers offer web hosting service from enom as well? I mean namecheap. Or only domain names?
    Santrex Internet Services
    Shared Hosting & Dedicated Servers & Shells
    High Quality Only!

As an Enom reseller, you can offer hosting services through that. They give you discounts on that as well, and you can sell it. Namecheap also offers hosting, but so far I think they are the only ones to offer a thirdparty control panel like cPanel. Godaddy uses a custom panel, I think Enom does too. cPanel makes it easy to migrate between hosts, but since Godaddy and Enom have custom panels, it's not as easy.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

Use the right tool for the job.

Domain registrars are great for registering domains.

Web hosts are great for hosting websites.

Using a domain registrar to host your website is something akin to hiring a carpet installer repair your roof...

I love Enom personally, I use them extensively for domain registrations ... but I wouldn't touch their hosting with a 10-foot pole, if only because they are a domain registrar.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

I also never heard of enom providing hosting before. Totally new to this.
    NEPA Fiber
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Cloud
    100% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

They've been offering it for at least a couple of years now.

http://www.enom.com, click on "Hosting" (logically enough )

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.