As far as I can tell his server is a beefy cpanel box running mysql 4.1
Default charset and connection is latin1
I've tried many methods of dumping the database to get the chars to show properly.
I need a solution to get this database working properly, whomever brings me a working solution gets 25usd via paypal.
My server uses utf8, I removed all the settings in my.cnf the site I host that "needed" the utf8 settings after removal still shows the chars properly so I dunno what to do next, when I set my my.cnf settings to his mysqld/mysql sections his sites chars turned wack like on my server.
The database is a latest version of Invision Power Board, I'd like it to be utf8 I suppose, all I need is the chars to show properly and my server to still function right.
I can't release the database, it's a sites entire backup and it's not my site, you may speak one on one with me over msn or whatever and once it's finished I promise 25usd, 25usd is not much cash so I have no reason to not send it after I've been helped, I've been googling and asking on irc for assistance for hours yet nothing works.