my site in production

tell me what you guys think... the hosting plans aren't what they should be... i have to change those... and i am gonna put some more pages up there soon. Thanks!

www.Crazy9s.com

It's a little 2 empty imho and some mouseover effects would be great. This was just my opinion on the design. Looks great so far.

dont like the times new roman

I gotta agree with rlynch about the font-- might want to go with verdana or something.

I have one more teensy weensy gripe. Obviously, you're a pro with graphics software and such; the header is nice. But I personally think that the graphics are a bit overdone and that you may want to knock them back a bit. Right now, they completely overpower the actual content of the site.

I agree with the font also - verdana, tahoma, etc. I also agree with adding rollovers to make the site more interactice, I like the gfx skills though, with the shadows and all.

Arrow

Is that a template? I've seen the design used on many other sites.

Anyways, I don't like it much. Too much empty space, looks rather boring IMO.

there are some mouseovers... i changed it to preload the images to load them faster... sorry to say... but yes it is a template but i added some graphics... and changed it a bit... so since it's a template what do you guys think now?

The header graphic is excellent. Change the fonts to Verdana or Arial. It will look better.

It def. is a template. I have seen it used where you just need to fill in your company name. Anway its too plain with too much white space.

well i didn't just put in my company name... i edited the Pictures myself... and made the rollovers... so...

The shades and buttons and colors are excellent. Needs more content on page though. What are the two "Home" links doing on Home page?

there isn't two home links on the home page.

The rollovers and editing you did is nice. It's needs some images or something to personalize the site though.

I, too, recognized it as a template I'd seen before. If you're going to offer web design as one of your services, it might be a good idea if the first design people see is one of your own. (Just my opinion, though.) If you're keeping this one, I'd say fill in the white spaces and personalize it more to give it a unique look. What you've done thus far is nice.

Our Web Development team has over 2 years of experience building websites. We have mostly done personal websites for friends and a couple for a few local businesses.
    You need to change this language; it screams "I'm an amateur".

I like the way you've explained the various steps to a transaction. Have yo u expanded this into a legal contract document? If not you should; I think the two should be tied together.

Are there mouse over effects? I don't see any using Mozilla.
    http://www.stodge.net
    http://pixellent.stodge.net - Pixellent Interactive

yeah i have been wanting someone to help me with verbage and legal documents. i don't know anyone that is qualified enough to do it for cheap.

yes there is mouse-over effects when you mouse over the menu bars the word in the circle changes to the word on the bar.

besides i'm looking to do more webhosting then web development. since web hosting has a more stable flow of cash coming in once you get it built up.

This was wonderful. You seem to be a professional designer. There are some sites which resembles to your work, but you have to take some ideas from other sites also.

Good luck.

Many have already commented on the font, white space, and template. Did anyone mention that the menu alt tags read butt_1, butt_2 (and so on) instead of the appropriate subject/link.

To be honest I wouldn't trust or feel confident of a design/host with the way the site looks. With the design/hosting business so saturated these days your site doesn't stand a chance with the other professional, sofisticated sites.

I would suggest learning more about the business before jumping into it.

the subject of the post was.... site in production... that means it's not all the way finished... yes i know the font and the white space and that it looks like a template (it is one). and the butt_1 etc. i still have to make changes... i just usually get one night a week to do this kind of stuff...

Originally posted by ResIstor
    the subject of the post was.... site in production... that means it's not all the way finished... yes i know the font and the white space and that it looks like a template (it is one). and the butt_1 etc. i still have to make changes... i just usually get one night a week to do this kind of stuff...
    (taken from original post) tell me what you guys think...
    You asked, people answered.

Since you only work on it once a week, like I mentioned before, It's suggested you learn more about the business before jumping into it. Hosting is a 24-7 business. Even small companies know that it is very time consuming. You don't just set things up, get customers and sit back. It's a very demanding business. On the design side of it (as an example) I wouldn't use your services if it meant that you would work on building my site only one night per week. 99% of my customers want everything done and completed in a week for a small site, one month or less for a larger site. It would be pretty hard to put out a quality site with your work/time schedule.

As far as your site goes, the menu needs to be reorganized. You need to have your main purposetowards the top. Design or hosting should be after "Home". Which ever is you main/specialty followed by the other. "About" should be moved down towards the end.

You will need a lot more content on the design and hosting page once you get that going. You should add a portfolio for the design page. If done right you should have around 4-5 pages of required content for the design section and around 5-8 for the hosting section (just a rounded figure).

Your layout/template does not meet the expectations of the above paragraph if done tastefully and with consideration to design. For me, the first step is to get all content/info then design a template (myself) to accomidate it. Not the other way around. By doing so, it makes the a site look as it was meant and not just stuffed into a package.

need more content, nice graphic work though and i second the rollovers