When does a scammer finally lose their ad posting prveleges?

I am a bit curious seeing all the vaguhost drama going on in the forums. I am not sure if they are allowed to post anymore or not but countless wht members have had serious problems with this guy.

I know WHT has a great mod team and tries to be fair to everyone but I think that people like this with so many bad reviews and downright shady activities should not be allowed to post in the advertising forum.

Which there are some funny rules for that forum. I and about lots of other people was once ripped off on logo purchases by avidinteractive. The person was simply just ignoring everyone after taking their money. I had seen a recent ad post form them and reported it. The person at the help desk said. "Well we have not had any complaints about that particular product they are advertising in that thread, you may not reply to that thread asking about your logo" and so on.

So its ok to rip a bunch of people off on one product and you can continue to post ad threads as long as its for a different product? Wouldnt you say that shows some kind of bias? Would everyone be able to conduct business on this forum like that?

And avidinteractive ripped off far more people then vaguhost, would be pretty safe to say around 100 or more. The thread where people was trying to get a response form the owner was locked so no more replies could be made.

I do understand that WHT does not guarantee any of the services offered in those forums but when someone flat out rips off members of this forum and are still allowed to post I think that it is part WHT's responsibility.

Anyway, just curious about this. Would like a lil clarification or would like to know what if anything is WHT doing to prevent members from being scammed by people who post ads here.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by felosi View Post
    ... Would like a lil clarification or would like to know what if anything is WHT doing to prevent members from being scammed by people who post ads here.
    Without going into specifics over member accounts I'll say that, we attempt to maintain the delicate balance between protecting our member base and allowing open advertising.

We have banned users that have scammed our members. But there is no way we can 'prevent' abuse. The only way to prevent an unscrupulous individual from advertising on WHT is to prevent everyone from advertising on WHT.

That being said, not every bad business person is a bad person.

We do our best to keep the advertising forums safe. But we need to be fair. That's been WHT's policy since the beginning.

If someone were to report to us, "felosi didn't give me what I paid for", we'd ask felosi about it. And if felosi says, "I did too. I gave him everything my TOS demands", should we ban felosi?

I'm sure you agree that we shouldn't.

Now, we can start tossing numbers about and get into some complex algorithms involving "how many complaints is enough?" + "level of complaint" + "degree of perceived intent" - "sales/negative reviews", but that discussion could go on forever.

Suffice it to say that, "We do our best to keep the advertising forums safe. But we need to be fair."

Hope that helps solve the curiosity. If anyone needs to address any specific member, please open a ticket.

Thread closed.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!