* Mysql error with php script

Hi,
    I am on Plesk2.0
    I am running a php script which takes the backup of a remote database of Mysql. The script is fine as I have tested it on some other machine.On one of my servers it is giving the following errors.
    <b>Warning</b>: Access denied for user: [email protected](Using password: YES) in <b>/home/gom/gm-Auto/automails/include/code/defs.php</b> on line <b>12</b><br />

Although I have defined some other IP address in the script but Its still taking its own ip for taking backup.
    Thanks in advance.
    Atif

So you're saying that it's trying to connect to a MySQL server on a different IP than you were expecting? Is that the problem you're trying to resolve, or are you trying to get it to authenticate on the server that it is actually trying?

That message simply means that the user and password you're using can't authenticate to that MySQL server at that IP.

DOCS
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

Re: Mysql error with php script

Originally posted by Atif Munir
    Hi,
    I am on Plesk2.0
    I am running a php script which takes the backup of a remote database of Mysql. The script is fine as I have tested it on some other machine.On one of my servers it is giving the following errors.
    <b>Warning</b>: Access denied for user: [email protected](Using password: YES) in <b>/home/gom/gm-Auto/automails/include/code/defs.php</b> on line <b>12</b><br />

Although I have defined some other IP address in the script but Its still taking its own ip for taking backup.
    Thanks in advance.
    Atif
    Try "localhost" if it's running on that specific system. Otherwise try the proper qualified domain name of the host you're connecting to.
    Robert McGregor
    URL: http://www.2host.com
    Email: robertm@(nospam)2host.com

trying to connect to a different ip

Hi,
    Yes I am trying to connect to a MySQL server on a different IP.

Atif