special ip address request

hi,

i got a special request for IP address.

Currently I have 5 IP address, something like: 12.151.xxx.xx.

But I need IP ddress beginning with higher digit, something like, 206.xx.xxx.xx. the higher the better.

I am not sure if my NOC has it or not. I am wondering if anybody can tell me how to exchange or buy that kind IP address.

I also prefer the non-continuous IP address, such as: 207.xxx. xx, and 64.xxx. xxx.

The reason is to prevent some government to block my IP address. They have blocked the American IP address, which begins with a much lower number, such as 12.xxx.xxx.x.

thanks

charlie.

Any reason why the blocked your ip address?
    C Code. C code run. Run, code, run...
    Segmentation fault (core dumped).. aww sh!t

no reason. as i said, the whole 12.xxx.xxx.x are blocked. that is milliions millions websites. my sites are not even ready.

Netname: ATT
    Netblock: 12.0.0.0 - 12.255.255.255
    well unless your in a ATT noc im sure your current provider can help you out
    C Code. C code run. Run, code, run...
    Segmentation fault (core dumped).. aww sh!t

ok, after reading this post... i am just... afraid.

Unfortunately (for you) it's much quicker and easier to block IP ranges than to get new IPs, so if I were you I wouldn't bother trying to get IPs that weren't blocked.

I find it super hard to believe that anyone would block the 12.x.x.x IP addresses. This would pretty much eliminate the entire cable modem community.

Your provider is the only one that can technically provide you IP addresses, you do not have the technical ability to "trade" or get new ones just by requesting them from someone else.

I really would have to questions your motives here, if a government has already blocked over 16 million IP addresses they pretty much should have just shut the Internet off together.

Recommend they go with blocking *.*.*.*
    FastServers.Net
    More than a Server, It's a Solution
    Dedicated Servers | Colocation

Originally posted by ap_surge
    Recommend they go with blocking *.*.*.*
    Hehe