* You decide, who I should try

Anyone have any opinions on these three hosting companies:Reyox, FastNext, SphereWebHosting?

I want to do reseller hosting but I want to test the water first. Perhaps it would be best to host on a shared account with each of them and then switch to a reseller account on the one I like the best? Anyone else ever tried this? Are the differences in account types too great to evaluate using this approach?

This isn't a new method my friend. Lots of people do this for the exact reason your thinking about. However, you might want to think about this. Not all hosts provide services for shared and reseller accounts on the same server. Most providers have separate devices for each type and your experience on one will not be the same on the other for the simple fact that in a shared environment, its treated as the companies nest egg or baby panda, whereas reseller server(s)/cluster will be maintained efficiently but not shown the same TLC as the shared.

I would advise rendering a cheap reseller account that basically doesn't do anything for the first few months but collect and calculate a basic average of server statistics for the server the account is placed on. You can gather your stats anyway you want but two things you should do minimum to evaluate the reseller account is to assign a basic 7 minute monitoring ping to check its uptime availability and monitor load averages for the server your on every hour or so using a php or perl script of your choice.

my 2 cents

Personally I would contact the companies sales and support departments and see how friendly/knowledgeable/responsive they are and read all of their policies and terms carefully and then go with the company I feel will offer the best services with the best support.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

thanks kronologick, that sounds like very good advice.

As far as I know when you order reseller package at WHB, they provide their customers with 30 days to test it and if you are not satisfied with their services, you are allowed to get your money back within this period of time. Ask sales support of Reyox, FastNext, SphereWebHosting companies if they have the same refund policy?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Personally I would contact the companies sales and support departments and see how friendly/knowledgeable/responsive they are and read all of their policies and terms carefully and then go with the company I feel will offer the best services with the best support.
    Unfortunately this will not help. They will just lie through their teeth. Salesmen will say anything.

With my current host, I have extensive pre-sales chat logs of all the conversations I had covering every possible scenario - especially as they were so cheap.

Now after over 50 hours outage in three months in separate incidents, all they do is keep apologising but not improving. I show them their original promises in writing, both their web site literature saying "exceptional customer service" and the chat logs, they simply say - "I can't comment on that" and do nothing.

They've even promised that it won't happen again and it happened again the very next week.

I've had this same problem with a number of hosts. It's just too competitive, and they will lie to get your money.

I would not agree that all hosts will lie however in some cases the sales staff do not know all of the details they need to give you a true answer to uptime and performance.

Check the offer section and find a host that appears to have the features you are looking for within your budget. Then search this site and look for reviews. You should be able to get a good idea of what to expect from a particular host.

Most (if not all) of the reputable hosts that post here offer the 30 day money back deals and if they are active here I believe you can feel comfortable that they will stick to thier word.

I can not stress enough the importance of researching user reviews before choosing a host. I found very little on SphereWebHosting and the FastNext reviews are a little old at a quick glance.

Reyox
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ighlight=Reyox

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ighlight=Reyox

Most (if not all) of the reputable hosts that post here offer the 30 day money back deals
    One should read the details regarding these guarantees, in the TOS. Not all of them are "no questions asked" guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    One should read the details regarding these guarantees, in the TOS. Not all of them are "no questions asked" guarantees.

Agreed, but then again one should always read the TOS before clicking "I Agree" as is true with any legal document.