Moving from shared to VPS

Hi,
    Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this ?

i am busy transferring a account using fullbackup from cpanel in a shared cpanel account to my VPS

The backup file is 99meg and transfer to VPS no problem. When i restore the account it has lost some databases and wont work. I have tried it on 2 VPS's and it does the same

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Want a eBook Cover Action Scripts CLICK HERE

Have you tried making a new fullbackup?

Or just taking a dump of the database and moving it over manually
    Lowest Host/Empire Technology LLC
    Offering Quality Shared, Reseller, VPS servers, and Dedicated Servers
    24x7 Tech Support http://empire-hosting.net
    XEN Servers Now http://xenserversnow.com - Budget XEN VPS /

i tried the backup 3 times already but it still dont want to restore properly. My first attempt to dump the database kinda worked but the text files for the dump is 9mb. Also the site is an auction site so all the different products have pictures with them that is why i prefer to do a backup

Google MySqlDumper, its free and cuts through databases like butter.

Quote Originally Posted by 1boss1 View Post
    Google MySqlDumper, its free and cuts through databases like butter.
    Thanks a lot, found and will give it a go

Best solution would be to contact your shared hosting provider for your account's WHM full backup. Transfer that backup, and restore it via WHM on your new VPS. That will completely restore your account to its original state, including all your usernames, passwords, databases (including the user/pass as well), mail accounts, subdomains, ftp etc intact.

Note: Restore via WHM, not cpanel. Don't create the account on your vps' WHM yet. Just restore that WHM backup and it will automatically and literary restore everything intact.
    Last edited by Googlios; 03-09-2008 at 06:33 PM.

The problem is that reseller account don't belong to me, which means i have to work through the owner of the reseller which wont allow that backup.

Still cant understand why when i do a remote backup that some of the data base info is lost.

luckily i have a older copy somewhere else which i transferred so i just need to update the latest data base

This could be an issue with the shared host. I had a similar issue with a large database. I had to make a couple of manual dumps and then restore them myself.

Did you try MySqlDumper? You only need FTP and the database user/pass and it will work, i have done databases around 2.4 GB with it no problems so 9 MB is nothing.