relaxing hosting - MUST READ

Sorry about the capitals in the title but I need this message to be heard. I was told by the owner (or former owner) of relaxing hosting that he was selling his business.

The reason he was selling was so he could pay me back the 130$ that I payed him for a dedicated server. He flat out ripped me off and it has been a few 3 months now and I am being avoided.

I won the PayPal dispute but the [email protected] account that I won it against didn't have any money in the account so they couldn't recover any funds. Joe from relaxing hosting told me at first he was switching to money bookers flat out and that he would pay me in a week. It's been 3 months now.

He told me a few weeks ago that he was selling the business and he would have the money to pay me. I was wondering if someone had bought that business or know's who bought it so that I could maybe talk to the new owner and get a refund as I assume since profits go to the new owner maybe some debt should.

I was completely ripped off. I would go into details but there aren't any details just a complete rip off. He took my money and spent it on a runescape account that he planned to "sell off of" those were his exact words to me. He tried to flip the 130 dollars i sent him by selling on a runescape account that the owner ripped him off with.

Joe Jones and relaxing hosting staff. http://www.relaxinghosting.net I would beware as they will take your money and not give you service.

Host Phenom is my business and I finally have a fleet of powerful servers. That was supposed to be my first and thank god have I learned from my mistakes but I DO want my MONEY BACK.

again BEWARE OF RELAXINGHOSTING.NET

Sorry to say but just from him letting you know his mistake that entail spending your money on a "Runescape" account sounds like you are dealing with a 15 year old that signed up for a reseller account. I don't understand how you would trust someone like this with money for a dedicated server. I'm curious how you came about this so called company which I'm sure does not even have a DBA. I wouldn't take it much further than you have, from what this guy has told you, you can ensure he has no credibility and was most likily just a reseller who had bad times and used your money and it back fired. It happens to a lot of people.

Regards,

I am sorry to read this, and even more sorry you seem to run into someone who ruins the business by gambling with other peoples money. I hope you will resolve this issue, sometimes these thing may take some time.

Next time when going into business with a company online, do check if they are indeed a valid company (while not always easy if they are abroad i do not know any country where you do not need to be written in by a kind of chamber of commerce to run a business). while this will never give you a 100% guarantee it will at least keep you away from kids running their ""company"" from their bed room.

Take care, and remember most of us run a good and honest business.

what a pity that more and more hosting providers go this way...
    if you' already won the case through paypal, and you paid him monthly as in a subscription, you can still demand the return of money, and they should help you in that.
    however it seems he is not a serious person, and if he's still billing you month by month, and you do not want it, he's just breaking the law(s).
    if it goes too long i would recommend reporting it to the appropriate bodies, including police, as he's feeling a very self-confident person, and it may not change in the future.
    please, inform us about your case, at least upload some info after you solved the problem. we wish you luck!
    and finally, remember you have to act fast, as every day you just lose your money. i would definitely reccommend using phone more often than their e-mail address.
    Last edited by zyarek; 03-09-2008 at 05:59 AM.
    You know BRIGHT BOYS ?
    DETAILS HERE
    services-4U - Cheap hosting, cheap domain registration, cheap web sites, cheap email, cheap other stuff

I'm very sorry to hear about you having these kinds of trouble in both not getting what you paid for, but also being kept off your own money. The next time, do go through an established outlet and you'll less likely run into similar issues once more.

Learning experiences aren't always pleasant

I own HostPhenom we finally opened a couple months ago. What happened was I posted on a design forum that I needed some web sites designed. And a man (we'll call him Joe as that's his real name) name Joe got ahold of me on MSN. He told me that he could do my sites and gave excellent rates so I had him design some sites for me.

He than gave me a reseller account because I was getting so many sites designed by him. It went on from there and I decided to get a dedicated server and he had a business (RelaxingHosting.net) and he said he had a rack at the T-Systems DC in N. Which is completely false he just sold for geek rack.

I was looking at many other sites for a dedi but his price was completely outrageously low and I was stupid to have fallen for it. He told me that I could get a slot on his rack for 6 years all I had to do is pay for the actual server. 300$ and the specs were great. He said he needed half up front.

So I gave him half and 3 weeks later was still getting excuses. First it was 7 days for the DC to get the server and install it. 7 days went bye..... Than he told me, "I am waiting for a bank transfer to get your WHMCS license" but still wasn't giving me any access to the server (Because he never bought it) He than told me that he got the WHMCS license but I couldn't have the server because it didn't have any IP's.

Me being new to the industry (hosting not internet) I mean I was familiar as I have resold through a WHM account. So I hired a Tech Admin when the idea first came and he told me the guy was completely BS'ing me. The next day I recieved a screen shot. A JPEG image with about 10 small spots blacked out. The e-mail title was "Proof your server was ordered"

It was a support ticket through Geek Rack. He ordered me a cheezy server with 512mb ram/2.4 ghz. The deal was a Pentium D 3.0 GHz/3GB Ram/ 250GB HD/2TB transfer for 300$/6 years. I called geekrack and they red flagged the order and said they would watch relaxinghosting close.

I than told Joe I wanted my money back because he was trying to pull something over on me. He said he was going to give me the cheesy server until he could get the datacenter to install. It was just a bunch of lies so I asked for a refund and he said he would give it to me in 3 days.

3 days went by (a full month from the start of the idea) He than told me another excuse I can't remember what it was because there was so many so I disputed through paypal. 20 days go by, I win the dispute but Joe tells me since I won he won't beable to pay me back because he can't recieve any client payments and WHMCS deactivated him because he couldn't pay them and blah blah blah.

I have just found out today that JJ-Networks bought relaxinghosting. It was the highlight to my day. I heard JJ-Networks is a good company and I can't load there site it won't load for me but as soon as it does since they now own and represent relaxinghosting I am going to try and get my refund through them. The way I see it is they are now taking in money from relaxing hosting clients, they should be paying the debt of relaxinghosting.

Does anyone agree that I should pursue the new owners since the old owners aren't complying and are ignoring me? Is it the new owners responsibility to take the debt of the old owner? Can I get some input on this?

Thanks guys and I know clear that I was an idiot but still that doesn't give someone the right to take my money to buy a runescape account and than not pay me back cause they got ripped off.

Generally when you buy a business you buy it's income as well as it's debt. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you - give the new owners the benefit of the doubt and treat them with as much respect as you can, think about how you would feel being approached with something yourself after buying a business.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Great input MikeDVB

I would assume the debt as well as the income if I did buy a business. I have contact JJ-Networks the new owner of RelaxingHosting and I am going to post there response.

I simply submitted a contact form with a slight amount of information stating the debt and the fact that I have proof. Here is what I wrote at a site I was directed to from JJ-Networks.com because JJ-Networks.com contact form wouldn't work. I went to one of there owned sites and sent them a message. It stated...

I noticed at JJ-Networks.com that you have recently acquired
    RelaxingHosting from Joe and it's previous owner(s). I was wondering if you
    could please contact me as RelaxingHosting is in debt to me 130$ (I have
    proof) and I am just trying to get my refund ASAP.

JJ-Networks.com's contact site wouldn't work so I was lead to this site off
    of your main site. I hope to hear from you soon so we can get this matter
    resolved.

Thank you!
    Mathew Green
    He responded and said that he was aware of this issue before he even bought the company but will not pay me back. JJ-Networks completely admitted to me that they knew that RelaxingHosting was debted to me but don't want to and will not claim that debt even though they do claim the profit/revenue.

Dear Mathew,

I'm aware that there was some issue with this.
    But this is Joe (previous owner) problem to solve, in our terms you have no
    right to claim refund more than less we agreed to do so.

What Joe has told to me that PayPal also has limited his PayPal account
    because he owes $130, which he needs to pay to be able to use it, and he
    said that he don't have that kind of money.

Only contact I have to him is via msn: [email protected] (e-mail don't
    work).
    I know this may be an issue for you, but nothing more I can do about it.

If you have more questions please let me know.

Regards, Johan at JJ-Networks.
    I simply think that even though it seems that a lot of people are well educated and want to do great business unfortunately there is a handful in this industry that do not care for the satisfaction of just 1 customer. I've never been disrespectful to a client as word of mouth is a big part of business. I feel dis-respected after this comment from them.

Any Input??

By looking at the website it seems that another teenager bought the original company.

I would file a formal complaint against the company. It does not matter who owned the company before.

I would assume the debt as well as the income if I did buy a business.
    One can buy only company assets (customers, brand etc) and the debt would then remain the responsibility of the company.

Yes, but what I am saying is, that if the company were to transfer ownership, the business would maintain the debt.

It depends on how the company is formed - if it's a sole proprietorship (assuming US based) then the business and the person *are* one in the same, if it was organized as an LLC you cannot go after the owner specifically and only the business (the llc).

It certainly doesn't stop you from trying. I wish the best in luck when dealing with this.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/