Hello.

I recently signed up to HostGator, after performing a lot of research on the front end and reading how they had great speeds etc... However that has sadly NOT been my experience so far!

The download speeds have been significantly slower than what I had with 1&1, with server loads averaging in the high 5's with 2 cpus. (Due to the reviews I had read, I expected HostGator to be significantly quicker than 1&1, but the opposite has been true so far.)

There were quite a few complications with moving my vB site over (which I had them migrate for me), and several aspects still aren't functioning correctly. They lost some of the special characters in the database on the first move attempt. Now a bunch of my pages on my vB are coming back with a 404 File Not Found error, such as my User CP, Profile, Options, Avatar, etc...

In addition to all of that, I have a half dozen sites which use FrontPage extensions, that have been an absolute nightmare to try to migrate over to their server! When I try to upload these sites, they keep aborting the upload with different server related error messages. The forms and other FrontPage extension related features have not been working correctly. I've had probably 30+ correspondences with HostGator tech support, most which take on average 12+ hours to hear back on, and many of my issues are still unresolved.

It has become a part-time job to try to work all the bugs out with them!

Prior to signing up with HostGator, I had considered Host Monster as another alternative. I went with HostGator because they had by far the best reviews. But right now, talk is cheap and they are not cutting it!

Would anyone recommend Host Monster over HostGator? Or is there another shared host for around $10 per month who out performs both of these?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I'm getting very frustrated!

Thanks!
Jeff