Thumbs down Review of Division/Bill from FreeForums.org

Okay. Well I am currently hired in 6 companies after making a thread about providing services/webhosting support for a cheap price.

What basically happened is I got an e-mail from Bill of Free Forums.org. He asked me for my IM, and we started to talk. First, he showed me the site, which was http://freeforums.org/ and I navigated it. They use PhpBB 2.x for their customers, which is fine. So he told me what he wanted.

I said I have good experience with PhpBB. (He didn't mention versions or anything). He asked me do you know the administration, ie. Usergroups, etc. Which was quite easy.

Anyways, he showed me a technical support question/ticket for his site. The person said there was a extra tab. I said it probably was a bug, since PhpBB 2 is outdated. He replied saying: "No, 0% its a bug.", which may well been true. Then I said there have been many candidates and a version after 2.x, And you should update. I said there were many Release Candidates (RC.X) for PhpBB 3 before it came out fixing some bugs in PhpBB 2.x . Well, he replied saying: "You say there were many candidates, try zero." I just stayed quiet after that.

Then (Direct Quote) after a minute he said bye and then this:

Quote Originally Posted by Division on MSN
    Division says:
    And in the future, don't waste someone's time with your "skills" because it's quite obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.
    And then blocked me. I didn't even say anything to him. I was just saying to upgrade 2.x to 3.

Oh yes on his site it says: phpBB 2.0.22 (Latest) which is not true.

Well, I say he has bad 'communication' skils, at least towards me. I don't recommend working for him..in my honest opinion.
    Last edited by Shikhir A; 03-07-2008 at 11:20 PM.

I worked with him for 8 months? Maybe 6? I don't know. He is a smart guy, but he doesn't sugar coat things. The one to talk to is Adam (Jackal), don't talk to Bill directly. That is the only way you can communicate with him and not get his sour dick like remarks.

He is a hard ***, and getting on his good side isn't easy, but it is worth it.
    Last edited by Cody Salter; 03-07-2008 at 11:39 PM.

Thanks for the advice

Mods: Delete this. Me and Bill are good now.