Which one of these 2 dedicated servers would you choose personally?

Before I list the plans, the server is going to be basically hosting some websites. Not a large number(with no or very minor overselling)

AMD Dual Opteron 265
    Four 1.8Ghz CPU Cores
    4 x 1MB Cache
    2GB ECC DDR2
    250GB SATA II 7200 RPM 16MB Cache (Primary Drive)
    2000GB Public Bandwidth
    Unmetered Private Bandwidth
    100 Mbs Public + 100 Mbs Private
    5 Public Ips on a Private VLAN

Intel Dual Xeon 5130 Woodcrest
    Four 2.0Ghz CPU Core
    2 x 4MB Shared Cache
    2GB ECC Fully Buffered
    250GB SATA II 7200 RPM 16MB Cache (Primary Drive)
    2000GB Public Bandwidth
    Unmetered Private Bandwidth
    100 Mbs Public + 100 Mbs Private
    5 Public Ips on a Private VLAN

Both seem to be very nice servers. With only about 30$ difference.

Which would you personally choose and why?

Personally

Personally i would choose the second one due to the nice processing speed and i personally believe Xeon is better than Operton.

I'm really scared of being biased lol. Overall I prefer AMD processors with server hosting and desktop computers that's why I need some input by fellow wht'ers.

still waiting on some more opinions.

Overall the Intel procs offer higher core performance then the Opterons but that's only part of the story. You also can't compare them Mhz to Mhz. All the reviews/benchmarks I've read seem to point that above 2 procs the Opterons more then hold their own against woodcrests. In 4P and above AMD's HyperTransport architecture give it the advantage.

In your example above I would go with the Opteron for the slightly better performance.

In general, the CPUs of the 2nd server will be faster - because the INTEL Core architecture has a better performance per MHz than the AMD architecture used with the Opteron 265. So the Xeon is twice faster than the Opteron: better performance per MHz and more MHz, too.

Only if you plan to use it for an SQL-only-Server, you should choose the Opteron, because it has a faster RAM access.

Yeh , I would go with the Intel Dual Xeon 5130 Woodcrest no question about it.

So far the opinions are a bit conflicting. I too have seen some benchmarks of the AMD holding its' weight against the woodcrest. Can someone throw a link of a documented bechmark between both? Or offer a valid breakdown of both servers?

Woodcrest is the faster processor.

The Woodcrest is a much faster processor than opty 265. Really over the past year or so Intel has pulled pretty far ahead of AMD in terms of performance.

I would personally choose the AMD. The clock speed may be slower, but you get great service. I'm bias towards AMD anyways