View Poll Results: What is your actual usage?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 1gb of disk space and 10gb of bandwidth

35 56.45%
  • Less than 5gb of disk space and 100gb of bandwidth

12 19.35%
  • More than 5gb of disk space and 100gb of bandwidth

15 24.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

What is your actual usage?

What is the actual disk space and bandwidth usage of your web site? Please also make a post how much you are paying for the disk space and bandwidth that you are actually using or planning on using, not your allocated disk space or bandwidth

I know an average user barely uses 1gb of disk space and 5gb of bandwidth.

For my personal site, has mostly images, > 5GB disk space ~10GB/ mo of BW. Baby plan at HostGator.

I am using 10mb of space, 20-30mb bandwidth per month. My plan is 750mb space and 20gb bandwidth. I pay $5.99 /mo. for it. I suck at math so I won't try and determine how many pennies I am spending on my small usage.

I don't even know how much space and about 250GB of transfer (sometimes more).
    All spread of different shareds, resellers and VPS's. About 50 domains.
    Got Fused?

Cool

I voted on behalf of our "average" customer who uses less than your minimums in the poll, even though they sometimes think they will need much more and sometimes pay for more but their actual usage shows they could be on a smaller plan.
    Of course like anybody we have customers on the higher end but I'm talking about the overall average if you looked at our total infrastructure usage divided by total # of customers.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

Less than 1 gig: I wonder if I will ever use that much.

Crissic's site as a whole including the forums support center main site and blog use close to 2GB of space.

From the 100 or so shared clients, on average they don't use more than 500mb of space.
    Crissic Solutions, LLC - Affordable VPS Solutions.
    Our business is based on Honesty & Transparency!

linux5.mageuk.com 48.32 GB
    windows94.mageuk.com 173.11 GB

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda6 4807056 3682184 880688 81% /
    /dev/sda8 105274528 37229144 62697752 38% /home
    /dev/sda7 4807056 1895736 2667136 42% /var

C:/ U 8.31GB F 6.33GB
    D:/ U 72.9GB F 146GB
    Chief Technical Officer, Mage UK Ltd
    Mage UK Site : Mage UK Corporate Development Programme

Ahh! Good post. Another interesting read here is:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=565498
    and there have been quite a few more that got buried.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

I have an account from dreamhost and 1and1.
    Been suspended for "overuse" from 1and1 once.
    Never from DH.
    I max out my bandwidth/disk on DH often. Not one complaint.
    semi-retired

Quote Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
    I have an account from dreamhost and 1and1.
    Been suspended for "overuse" from 1and1 once.
    Never from DH.
    I max out my bandwidth/disk on DH often. Not one complaint.
    So you are using 500gb of disk space and 5TB of bandwidth on DH? May I ask what type of web site you are hosting with them?

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali View Post
    So you are using 500gb of disk space and 5TB of bandwidth on DH? May I ask what type of web site you are hosting with them?
    it's mostly creative commons music mirrors/etc. no dynamic usage.
    semi-retired

For every website I own personally, the following category is fitting to their usage combined.

"Less than 5gb of disk space and 100gb of bandwidth"

Quote Originally Posted by CrissicSolutions View Post
    Crissic's site as a whole including the forums support center main site and blog use close to 2GB of space.

From the 100 or so shared clients, on average they don't use more than 500mb of space.
    Not that it's too big of a deal there, Skylar, I would not reveal the number of clients you have.
    Last edited by Dougy; 03-07-2008 at 10:32 PM.
    AS395558

Everyone who votes, can you please post how much you are paying for the allocated disk space and bandwidth?

Are you happy with your web host?

Everyone who votes, can you please post how much you are paying for the allocated disk space and bandwidth?

Are you happy with your web host?
    i voted for the first choice, as that is my usage now, but my usage of disk space increases anywhere from 5MB-10MB per month, and my bandwidth has the potential to increase monthly as well, though to date i haven't exceeded 7GB in a one month period. i currently pay $4.95 per month on a 2 year prepaid contract. i am beyond unhappy with my current host.

Vote: Less than 5gb of disk space and 100gb of bandwidth.
    Pay For: 15gb of disk space and 100gb of bandwidth.

I actually use about 200mb of diskspace and 30-35gb bandwidth (I have a software download site that hosts much of the software (freeware/abandonware) locally.

Am I happy with my host ImageLeet: Yes. Without a doubt

The reason I have a higher package than I use is because I was on a lesser package (Shared - USD $7.99/$9.95) for a round a year with fantastic reliability but, increased it (reseller USD $25.49) purely to show my appreciation of the reliability of the host as I considered them worth more than I was actually paying
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: DTS-Net

my forums currently uses 1656MB space and about 10 to 12 GB bandwidth monthly. MyBB is quite lite on bandwidth

I noticed above that Dreamhost seems liberal on bandwidth, this is also what I've seen in other posts here.

At this time I don't have any account with them, since I ended up having accounts with a couple of hosts and it became a mess.

Instead I got a reseller account with Hostgator. Although I have maybe ten sites on that account I don't use much resources, I think no more than 10 Gigs of b/w per month.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Hello Ali,

What is the actual disk space and bandwidth usage of your web site? Please also make a post how much you are paying for the disk space and bandwidth that you are actually using or planning on using, not your allocated disk space or bandwidth

I know an average user barely uses 1gb of disk space and 5gb of bandwidth.
    This is sort of a trick-question, as a lot of users are running more than one site using more than one account.

So, for my own part it depends on which website you ask about. I have sites that doesn't even use 1 GB of traffic per month, and those that use approx 500 GB per month.

But, I'll go with the last option in your poll

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Hello Ali,

This is sort of a trick-question, as a lot of users are running more than one site using more than one account.

So, for my own part it depends on which website you ask about. I have sites that doesn't even use 1 GB of traffic per month, and those that use approx 500 GB per month.

But, I'll go with the last option in your poll
    What type of web site are you hosting that is using up 500gb per month, and how much are you paying to host it?

What type of web site are you hosting that is using up 500gb per month, and how much are you paying to host it?
    It is a forum with some media files. (music bootlegs) I pay approx 130 USD per month for it, though this is not the only site on that box (unmetered) - so I don't know how much I'd say that this site is.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    It is a forum with some media files. (music bootlegs) I pay approx 130 USD per month for it, though this is not the only site on that box (unmetered) - so I don't know how much I'd say that this site is.
    I thought you were going to post that you were on one of the $5 plans

I thought you were going to post that you were on one of the $5 plans
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I used to have the media files on Dreamhost - so "I kind of did"

I am using hosting from yphost.com and its satisfy my small hosting needs. although everything is unlimited and um-metered but my usage is very less, Really Getting Traffic without paying is Hardwork.
    Great Bidding Directory Submit your Hosting Sites NOw.

I'm with Crucial Web Host's Split-Shared plan.

I have one active site on there right now, my blog, which uses 11GB~ per month. Pretty much all of that is burnt on the image thumbs that accompany each post.

Going to be launching another site soon which I anticipate doubling that within a few months, so I'd say I sit squarely in option B.

I know I'm allocated a lot more bandwidth than I need, but that's largely because I like the safety net of not hitting overages should I get the digg effect, have a popular download linked to from a lot of sites, etc. I more look for a host that gives me a nice safety net and then examine its dynamic page generation speeds and stability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast