best cheap host?

what is a good cheap host that supports php? I want to install wordpress and am worried about bandwidth..

How much bandwidth do you think your Wordpress blog will need, and what's your budget?
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

1. Are you starting a new web site?
    2. Do you know of your bandwidth requirements?
    3. What is your budget?
    4. Any control panel preferences?
    5. Are you a first time user or are you transferring from another web host?

You should answer these questions before continuing with your search for a new web hosting provider. That should help you narrow down your search, because otherwise you would be searching from millions of companies out there.

Quote Originally Posted by asuwebguy View Post
    what is a good cheap host that supports php? I want to install wordpress and am worried about bandwidth..
    Most host (linux) supports php.
    How much bandwidth do you really need? It is a new wordpress site?
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

yea, new website.. but I expect traffic to grow.. not sure about bandwidth.. you tell me..

my budget is probably $10 a month..

Do I need to spend more than $10??

No, I'm sure you can find something decent for ~$10 from a reputable host.

I believe $10/month is more than enough for you.

You can start with a small plan and upgrade from there.
    It is advisable to find a host where you can upgrade easily later.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

check out precision effect. i host a WP blog (albeit a small one) with them and it screams.

Cool

$10 a month is certainly a reasonable budget for what you need until your site gets very large. There should be many good hosts who can easily help you.
    (usually people wanting "cheap" on here mean 2 or 3 dollars for 2GB storage and 100GB transfer))
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

You get good hosting for ten bucks per month, as long as you watch out for those hosts that are notorious for providing bad support.

Bandwidth? Well, you get so much nowadays with even a ten dollar package that you don't need to worry about that!

In case your site becomes *very* popular, you may run into a different problem: CPU usage.
    Good Luck!
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

yea, new website.. but I expect traffic to grow.. not sure about bandwidth.. you tell me..
    When you're just starting out, there's no need to start out with huge amounts of bandwidth. I am sure you are expecting sudden growth but it takes time, so start out small with about 10gb and see where it goes from there. If you require more bandwidth, I am sure the web host can upgrade your package to accommodate your needs.

$10 budget per month is sufficient enough to start out, you should have absolutely no issues finding a suitable web host for you. As stated above, most linux web hosting providers offer PHP and MySQL needed to install wordpress.

Best of luck.

i think 1and1 is the best cheap host

Yeah a lot of the general features and stuff in web hosting is overrated. You will not be using up 17TB of bandwidth or 100's of GB's of disk space. So really test out customer support and user reviews around here. <snipped>
    Last edited by HostRefugee-Vince; 03-07-2008 at 08:16 PM.

I currently have a website hosted at HawkHost.com. I am glad to say that since I've had the account, there have been no problems whatsoever; I have not contacted their tech support in any way for anything technical.

I give them an A+

I think servage.net or ipower.com would be the best choice for you.

For a blog that's just starting, no. A blog, using PHP and MySQL, will be using relatively high amounts of computing power per GB of data transfer that you push with it (images, video excepted).

In any case, with a blog, you should be able to push 1-2GB, possibly more, for each dollar that you spend on hosting.

Using the blog's cache feature/addon/hack can reduce the CPU usage considerably, and it's a thing worth looking into.

Hostingzoom ofers a great service for low $ that costs ...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    I currently have a website hosted at HawkHost.com. I am glad to say that since I've had the account, there have been no problems whatsoever; I have not contacted their tech support in any way for anything technical.

I give them an A+
    John we appreciated the recommendation and glad your service as been great thus far. I hope if you do ever need to contact support that you receive a good response. But it sounds like you're a very technical user so if the servers are up then you're happy. We like people like you
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

I would recommend medialayers small plan.

hostgator is great, $4.95 a month
    www.myprizo.com - Custom PowerPoint design & website design & development services.

There are many hosts that will be able to handle your web site, just look around and fine one that offers what you need at a price you want to pay. Be sure to read the Terms of Service carefully and start a chat or e-mail support to see how responsive and helpful they can be.

Make sure to talk to sales and ask any questions you may have. Other than that good luck and have fun with your new site!
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Don't forget A Small Orange's Tiny and Small plans.

Ack! Stay away from ipower. Even for basic needs -- or should I say especially for basic needs. I experienced down time on my email especially and secondly my site but the most frustrating part is the (lack of) customer service. *IF* you get someone who clearly speaks English the chances of them knowing anything of relevance to your problem are slim to none. I was with them for a year and have finally switched. I don't miss them one bit.