Cheapest USA dedicated?

Hi

I already have a cheap dedicated at kimsufi.net (24 euro/month in france)
    I'm looking for an ultra cheap dedicated in the USA
    I've seen 24euro/month somewhere for a pentium4 1.5ghz + 512mb ram (which is largely enough for me)
    Does someone knows something even cheaper?
    I don't need performance, but don't like vps, because I don't like the idea of sharing the disk. (I already tried 2 vps)
    If you know a VPS with each VPS with his own disk, I'm interested too.
    I don't need raid.

Thanks

In that bugdet range you might just find a VPS provider that can offer what you need as it will be difficult to find a server from a reputable company , at those prices.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

You might want to check the burst.net closeout servers, they come in your price range.
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

This is madness. I can not say someone wouldnt provide a service but if dedicated hosts decide to go this way we can not talk about reliability or whatsoever. The lowest price of a cheap dedicated server (P4, CEleron, etc) would be no less than $60... let's even say $50.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

My 24euros (36$) kimsufi.net works just fine, and is up since months.
    I have 100mbit/s unlimited bandwidth and 160G HD.
    Why are dedicated so cheap in france and so expensive in USA?

I don't have performance problems on my cheap dedicated that I have on my US vps.

jobarjo, i pointed you to a low end cheap solution, you wont get unlimited bandwidth. Bear in mind these are real low end machines. I woudn't buy them, but since you asked

I've looked at the burst.net offer (50$). Thanks
    The 36$ offer I've seen is also located at burst.net datacenter.

what about corenetworks.net (25$!)

He should be able to find a dedicated server in the US for cheap, it also helps that the USD is really low in value. Corenetworks seems to be your best bet.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Why not ... like i said, i wouldn't buy these machines. But if you look for cheap dedi's why not.

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    Why not ... like i said, i wouldn't buy these machines. But if you look for cheap dedi's why not.
    Why wouldn't you buy these machines? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by jobarjo View Post
    what about corenetworks.net (25$!)
    I'm certainly considering one of these at that price, I haven't found an excuse but at that price it's hard to say no. And always hearing good things about them on here.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by daejuanj View Post
    Why wouldn't you buy these machines? Just curious.
    We run a business and need quality, these processors are not for us, and for these prices you can't expect a very good quality, which might be fine for the OP. It all depends what you expect
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

We run a business and need quality, these processors are not for us, and for these prices you can't expect a very good quality, which might be fine for the OP. It all depends what you expect
    Oh, ok. I was going to mention something similar, as not everyone is running a business with servers.

corenetworks does not tell where are their datacenter located.
    Does someone know?
    At that price, I don't understand why people would bother rent a vps for the same price sharing ressources. My biggest concern is the hard drive, it doesn't get shared well.

I didn't know there exist low quality processors
    I don't need processor performance as a vps is enough for me.
    Their datacenters seem to have the necessary equipment and connectivity.
    About the machines, low performance does not mean bad quality...

The only problem I see is that they don't accept paypal.

I didn't know there exist low quality processors
    I don't need processor performance as a vps is enough for me.
    Their datacenters seem to have the necessary equipment and connectivity.
    About the machines, low performance does not mean bad quality...

The only problem I see is that they don't accept paypal.
    Maybe i worded it wrong, but you are not just buying the CPU, you are buying a server, there is a BIG difference between a cheap case or a properly mounted server in a rack.

Wow kimsufi.net is dirt cheap. Too bad they are only for France, Swiss and Belgium residents. Any other places like kimsufi.net that will allow other countries?

Burst.Net, Olm.Net (also Serveraday.com), and CoreNetworks.net offer cheap servers.

Your best bet is probably to go with CoreNetworks, not much bandwidth (1TB) compared to Olm/Burst but the server is powerful (for your price range) and it is the cheapest.

I assume this poster is looking for extreme budget hosting that is unmanaged at that price.

I would research data centers that provide cheap bandwidth and budget servers then work your way up from there.
    TWC, LLC - USA based w/ three teams behind us!
    We will beat any web development or design quote

http://totalwebcentral.com/

Both olm and corenetworks don't take paypal.
    This really is a problem for me, as I'm not in the USA, so I would have big visa fees.
    I also have money on paypal.
    Yes I'm looking for unmanaged server. This server would be an active mysql replication of my main server in europe.

If it fails, I would switch the dns to the main server.
    My application uses very little cpu (it is written in python) Only mysql makes some disk accesses which is very bad on vpses.
    My actual vps looks responsive, but my application can measure the maximum response time and make statistics. Very few people use such statistics. They would see that VPSes are a disaster in terms of disk IO and mysql performance.

This explains why I'm looking for the cheapest dedicated that I can pay with paypal.

What about server4you and serverpronto? Any opinions?
    Must pay yearly with server4you (possible paypal...)
    serverpronto reboot are not free...???!!!

I would add for vpses:
    Most of the times, the vps performance is very correct, but the response time sometimes climbs up to 1minute or even more. As there is a person behind waiting, this is simply unacceptable.
    No need for 10 concurrent process to drop down disk io performance. Just make a df, or a rm -rf and you will make your high end computer performance drop.
    I don't need performance. I just need the disk to be ALWAYS available when the computer has to handle a request.

Does someone know?

They have 2 datacenters afaik. One in East Lansing Michigan, and one in Grand Rapids Michigan.

I bought one from them, and know a few people who have in the past.

I'm mainly going to use it to host a single forum (Should be sufficient)

I'm also planning to rent out a cheap server for benchmarking web servers.

I've been using a VPS and the benchmark results are not consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by kafloofen View Post
    I'm also planning to rent out a cheap server for benchmarking web servers.

I've been using a VPS and the benchmark results are not consistent.
    That's because the physical server is still being shared.

jobarjo, I might have overlooked this... but what are your bandwidth requirements, and is price the only concern?
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

Quote Originally Posted by daejuanj View Post
    That's because the physical server is still being shared.
    I'm thinking the same thing. That's why to get a more accurate result then a dedi is the way to go.

Does someone know?
    At that price, I don't understand why people would bother rent a vps for the same price sharing ressources. My biggest concern is the hard drive, it doesn't get shared well.
    Core Networks is in Grand Rapids, MI.

We have a server from them for our IRC hosting and it is excellent.