Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Burstnet and server delivery

Hi all,

Completely frustrated with this company and its delivery times. We use them because we can offer good value for money to customers, yes you get what you pay for but they cant even deliver within their own estimates.

I contacted them on the 5th after 24 hours of waiting and a customer on my back, just enquiring where the server was.

I received the following reply from Shawn A:

I would expect delivery on this tomorrow afternoon...

We are closing this ticket out at this time.

If the issue is still not corrected, or you require further assistance with this matter, please re-open this ticket, and we will gladly assist you...

Fine, i will wait another 24 hours. Nothing!

It is now the 7th, the customer has decided to cancel the order and they have still not done ANYTHING.

I have sent them another reply to the ticket:

I had a customer cancel this server because it has take you so long What is going on wthat it takes you ages to set up a server that is probably sitting in a rack somewhere? Please dont take an age to reply and please let me know a setup time so i can at least offer another customer and instant server and not 36 hours to whenever-burstnet-gets-its-***-in-gear

I am still awaiting a reply.. although its useless now.

I know its already known on this forum but Caveat emptor!
    IT Support - Business Hosting & VOIP Solutions Scotland

That is definitely not the proper way to speak to someone. Professionalism should be shown on both the providers side and the clients regardless if either party becomes frustrated.

Burst setup times in the past have taken around 72 hours so expecting a server up in a couple hours is pretty much nonexistant.
    BGP GRID
    UNetLab Network Simulator Hosting
    Prepare for your CCNA/CCNP/CCIE certifications today!

Since they are so cheap you should pre-order.

I got my on normal time I guess it was 48 hours.

When the price is good you don't come here and post a review right?
    But when a server delay because of their big promotion than you come?

Have some patience.

Did you read the post?

The 4th to the 7th is.. err... 3 days? That is not a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by BudWay View Post
    Since they are so cheap you should pre-order.

I got my on normal time I guess it was 48 hours.

When the price is good you don't here and post a review right? But when a server delay because of their big promotion than you come?

Have some patience.
    Your right, that is an idea... its too late to do that now for my upset customer though isnt it?

Also, their last promotion was Valentines day... nearly a month ago

It doesn't matter. They sure won't want to expedite any order when they are getting spoken to like that.
    BGP GRID

spoken to like what? i mentioned *** in gear.. thats not aggressive, if you think it is and you wouldnt expedite an order due to a statement like that? i pity your customers.

Quote Originally Posted by PH-Kev View Post
    I had a customer cancel this server because it has take you so long What is going on wthat it takes you ages to set up a server that is probably sitting in a rack somewhere? Please dont take an age to reply and please let me know a setup time so i can at least offer another customer and instant server and not 36 hours to whenever-burstnet-gets-its-***-in-gear
    Anyways, if you are not happy, move on. This thread is pointless. You will be getting your server when they are ready. No sense coming here and posting about it.
    BGP GRID

That was not very professional I was going to ask your age but I saw your from UK witch explains alot.

HAVE PATIENCE if you take all in life like that you will die soon relax and you will live more and live better.

spoken to like what? i mentioned *** in gear.. thats not aggressive, if you think it is and you wouldnt expedite an order due to a statement like that? i pity your customers.
    Why should I have to answer to a customer who obviously shows no respect towards other people and speaks in such a tone? Our customers are not your concern so before you go making statements such as that, at least get the facts straight. Using any kind of profanity when dealing with people is simply...unprofessional (if you are running a business)
    BGP GRID

Well it looks like a mixup. I agree with thenynoc and You both.

The situtation makes the person to talk like that.

However, Good Luck with your server sale

That was not very professional I was going to ask your age but I saw your from UK witch explains alot.

HAVE PATIENCE if you take all in life like that you will die soon relax and you will live more and live better.
    And where are you from may i ask? lol

All i am trying to explain is, i dont see why burstnet gets away with constantly LONG wait times on servers, this forum is littered with people waiting 5 days to a week on a server and having no explanation or word from BURSTnet.

My first server with them took 14 hours, that was brilliant and it was during a promotion. Now i ordered another one and its taken upwards of 3 days. My frustration is because i had a customer on my back (not anymore since he cancelled) asking where his server was, all i could say was "be patient, its on its way", you can only say that for so long... me and the customer were, in my eyes, extremely patient.

Yes i can undestand since you're loosing a customer & Money & reputation(if the customer start to make a post like this on WHT)

The reason for the delay can be explained only by BurstNet.

Good Luck with your New Provider.

Just before you get into another problem; do you offer IRC on the burst network, according to their TOS thats not allowed.

I don't see why everyone expects instant setup at a data center. Provisioning a server is more involved than just clicking a few buttons.

Yes they may have setup your first server in 14 hours, but that doesn't mean they guarantee setup times like that. You should expect setup times up to 72 hours, maybe more.

You are obviously a middle man, and have no control over setup, so you should have given your customer am expected setup time of a few days, rather than 24hours.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Quote Originally Posted by daejuanj View Post
    I don't see why everyone expects instant setup at a data center. Provisioning a server is more involved than just clicking a few buttons.

Yes they may have setup your first server in 14 hours, but that doesn't mean they guarantee setup times like that. You should expect setup times up to 72 hours, maybe more.

You are obviously a middle man, and have no control over setup, so you should have given your customer am expected setup time of a few days, rather than 24hours.
    excuse me, please dont post without reading the thread, ive been waiting 3 days, i believe that is 72 hours..

I never gave them a wait time of 24 hours, i told them UP to 72 hours...

excuse me, please dont post without reading the thread, ive been waiting 3 days, i believe that is 72 hours..
    I did read, but apparently you didn't.
    You should expect setup times up to 72 hours, maybe more.
    And from reading, it looks like you started complaining well before 72hours.

Quote Originally Posted by daejuanj View Post

And from reading, it looks like you started complaining well before 72hours.

I contacted them on the 5th after 24 hours of waiting and a customer on my back, just enquiring where the server was.

Fine, i will wait another 24 hours. Nothing!

I never gave them a wait time of 24 hours, i told them UP to 72 hours...
    If you told them a wait time of up to 72 hours, than why was your client on your back? And why were you "enquiring" about your server to BurstNET within 24 hours if you expected longer?

the customer asked for an update and i passed the enquiry along to burstnet, i dont believe there is anything inherintly wrong with that.

i got 3 server from burst within 24-72hours

Thank you
    ||| JFOC Network Solution - Affordable Web Hosting
    ||| Web Site: http://www.jfoc.net
    ||| Retelling Story - Share Your Story, anything
    ||| Web Site: http://www.rtstory.com

First that burstnet DC is a very busy place when they run sales and there is no way for them to have all servers in-stock all the time as they sell to fast.

I have seen about 200+ new servers there online within the past 2-3 weeks and there are always someone in the build room building new servers.

I have even seen management, sale department in the working with the build team.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

He's offering IRC services with BurstNet's servers:
    http://prontohost.net/dedicated.php

Won't be long til he gets shut down.

PH-Kev, you should have gave 2 to 4 days, just tell your client it should be ready to go on monday .

Now relax and wait tell your client your getting the server up asap but there are many orders in front and you can't favor one client over another.

Good luck and relax it's FRIDAY

By the way I'm from Brasil come here I will fix you up a "caipirinha". hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by JelloX View Post
    He's offering IRC services with BurstNet's servers:
    http://prontohost.net/dedicated.php

Won't be long til he gets shut down.
    LOL, assumption gets you nowhere ^^

We dont use BurstNET for IRC, they dont permit it.

PH-Kev, you should have gave 2 to 4 days, just tell your client it should be ready to go on monday .

Now relax and wait tell your client your getting the server up asap but there are many orders in front and you can't favor one client over another.

Good luck and relax it's FRIDAY

By the way I'm from Brasil come here I will fix you up a "caipirinha". hehehe
    Thanks for trying to get me to see the relaxing side, i would truly wait a fortnight on a server if it was worth it.. My clients are not so patient

Im sorry if i have been a little agressive in this thread but i am truly frustrated about losing a customer due to a datacentre.

ProntoHost has a good track record and although our customers are silent.. i know they are secretly happy

Yes, its Friday, i hoped to get this sorted so i could get my weekend underway, i have been assured by burstNET that the server will be up tonight, which by my calculations of time, should be in the next 4 hours... I sincerely hope so

Also, its no help posting that you have had your x amount of servers within 72 hours

I fell you and understand

Offer your client first month off our half price that will make him come back

I only order 1 server from burstnet actually I'm (testing the DC) out, havent deal with then that long

Sorry, what exactly does this explain?

to the OP: I am inclined to agree with what has already been said, be patient. Looking at their FAQ pages:
    How fast are servers set up?
    Dedicated servers currently on average take 24-72 hours to set up. This timeframe fluctuates based on current hardware stock and demand. Some servers may be available for instant/same-day set up as advertised.
    https://www.burst.net/guide/servers.shtml

Ultimately it is your own fault you lost a client. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I see some of their managed servers have $50+ setup, for that they should have setup done a few hours (IMO) This is not an impossible task, many other dcs do it.

They have a large amount of orders going through as they are still doing server sales. Rarely do they go over their 72 hour timeframe. The servers are already at a market low, so patience is of importance.
    Crissic Solutions, LLC - Affordable VPS Solutions.
    Our business is based on Honesty & Transparency!

As we have informed the client:

"This server will be delivered this evening unless you cancel it prior.

We do not make any guarantee of setup times for these SALE SERVERS.
    We just state on average it is 48-72 hours.
    Sometimes it is less, sometimes it is more...

There is a HUGE demand for the servers due to the low pricing.
    It takes as long as it takes for delivery unfortunately therefore...
    We are working to speed things up, but it is not something that can be instantly fixed---as it takes time to train staff, upgrades provisioning processes, etc..."

I personally used to use burst.net. Their delivery times were TERRIBLE! I have now sense switched to be using limestonenetworks. Even tho they cost a little bit more, their servers are much better, the bandwidth is better, and you get your server online within 3 hours.

XlHost.com

is amazing with their setups.

I ordered a regular server there on a FRIDAY night at about 8:30PM Eastern (Same for them as they are eastern us). The server was up and information was sent to login WITHIN 2 hours.

Check em out

BurstNET, you informed me the server would be delivered yesterday evening.. it was not... once again i informed the client... and once again.. you let us both down

oh sorry lol

its just its 6am my time

has been resolved then?

Yes,

I managed to get client back on board by offering a free month, which burstnet offered me and server was delivered by the evening as stated

cool, thats good news!

I personally support BurstNET, mainly because you are located just a few minutes from my house
    NEPA Fiber
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Cloud
    100% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

Thats a good enough reason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast