NS records wont resolve

Hi

Just got a new ded and got the info from the host.

Went to change the NS records at Godaddy where my domain is registered and got an error. So for kicks i went to Netfirms where another domain is registered and tried to change it there and also got an error.

It has been over72 hours since the hosting was setup. So the only way i can point it is a A record to the IP, hardly the way i want to go......

So my question is....what would cause NS1 & 2 at domain.com not to be accepted?

Ive used a few shared hosts and this has never been an issue....

anyone have some insight?

Thanks
    Meet people, Help Animals
    petsconnectus.com

Have you actually registered the nameservers at your domain registrar?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Also did you create NS records on your DNS server ? And may i ask why you do not ask your dedicated server company for help on setting these things up, or did you buy an unmanaged server?