Which Xeon Server for gaming?

What is better for gaming? I plan on hosting quite a few Call of Duty 4 servers.

Dual Xeon Woodcrest 5130
    4GB Memory RAM
    250GB 8MB SATA2 Hard Drive

or

Dual Xeon Clovertown E5335
    2GB Memory RAM
    80GB 8MB SATA2 Hard Drive

Operating System: Centos

Are the Xeon 3220's able to run Dual?

Are these even good for gaming? Do you have any suggestions besides these two?

The Xeon 3220s (indeed) can't be run in a dual setup, because they are S775.

Now system A v B:
    System A has less CPU power, but double the ram/more HD space.

I never ran a CoD4 server myself, but it is almost a fact that the modern games, require a high amount of RAM when running as a server. You should be better with the Dual W. 5130 setup.

However, I would really try to get a different HD than the 2 you listed. I would be looking at a 16MB cache drive/10K RPM drive.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroNet-Rob View Post
    The Xeon 3220s (indeed) can't be run in a dual setup, because they are S775.

Now system A v B:
    System A has less CPU power, but double the ram/more HD space.

I never ran a CoD4 server myself, but it is almost a fact that the modern games, require a high amount of RAM when running as a server. You should be better with the Dual W. 5130 setup.

However, I would really try to get a different HD than the 2 you listed. I would be looking at a 16MB cache drive/10K RPM drive.
    Okay, would you choose the 5335 if it had 4GB of ram too? I believe Call of Duty 4 give or take uses 120MB of ram per server.

I would choose the Clovertown, with 4GB of RAM, even with 2 it is fine, but I would still get 4. Also 80GB of space should be enough if its dedicated to COD4 servers.

That would be a very cool deal (4GB ram) .

Dual Xeon Woodcrest 5130
    4GB Memory RAM
    250GB 8MB SATA2 Hard Drive

Would be fine. Call of Duty 4 eats up alot of RAM and minimal amounts of CPU. Don't waste money on something you aren't going to need.