hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : SEO / SEM Discussions : This looks promising..

Forum Jump

This looks promising..

Reply Post New Thread In SEO / SEM  Discussions Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 04:43 PM
WHT Addict

This looks promising..

For those of you, like me, that have clients ask for large database driven websites, you might want to check out http://www.db2go.com

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

So they're selling databases of information on various topics?

Old 03-06-2008, 09:48 PM
WHT Addict

basically yeh, as well as having cheap upsells for display scripts for them. Over 100 db's on quite a few topics tho. nice system really.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2008, 04:30 AM
Web Hosting Master

Nothing new, databases full of duplicate content and largely outdated information.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:52 AM
Web Hosting Master

Not sure they are places you can expect for relevant trafic. I think that it time wasting.
That good for someone who works with Adsence for trafic inflation

Old 03-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Video Creation Experts

I agree... true SEO is about original content... not the same stuff over and over and over. I find purchasing their database, as non-intelligent as buying a pre-built "so called SEO website" on eBay for $200.00. Do people realize how many times they re-sell those!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1boss1 View Post
Nothing new, databases full of duplicate content and largely outdated information.

Direct Email: sales@JRSEOMarketing.com

Old 03-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Video Creation Experts

The first attempt at database SEO website I did was about 6 years ago. I had nearly 50,000 pages with a great database that I created by myself. It finally got blocked on Google in about 3 months. All that time I put into it.. for nothing. These non-original content databases... I strongly do not recommend.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:27 PM
WHT Addict

Tell that to google. Seeing as their database content is not a lot different than any other search engines, merely displayed differently. I have quite a few database driven sites that have been steady revenue generators for years. I suppose it is simply what you make it to be in the end that makes the difference.

One hint tho: Google does not block sites for duplicate content, they simply ignore some pages that are close to identical. If you got blocked, it was not the database that caused it.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Video Creation Experts

Ignore/blocked... same difference. Having your pages "ignored" or "blocked" have the same outcome.. not listed.

But like I said.. I had a ton of pages.. and purchasing databases that a ton of people are, and will use... isn't smart SEO. And most SEO experts would say the same thing. Reason why there is even an SEO Content Business.. to begin with. If this wasn't.. everyone would be using everyone's material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclei View Post
Google does not block sites for duplicate content

Old 03-15-2008, 04:19 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

A database is a tool like any other and it can be used correctly or it can be misused.

Say you are a company providing leads for new car dealers nationwide, you are going to need content to provide pages that rank for the thousands of geographic locations, brand and model combinations.

A database can provide the basic information quickly and allow you to build thousands of targeted pages for those terms. Proper use of the database combined with your web skills will insure that none of these are cookie cutter pages.

There is actually quite a big difference between ignored and blocked. You might have some pages or links ignored but thats quite different to having you entire site blocked by Google.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:10 PM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnel View Post
A database is a tool like any other and it can be used correctly or it can be misused.

Say you are a company providing leads for new car dealers nationwide, you are going to need content to provide pages that rank for the thousands of geographic locations, brand and model combinations.

Proper use of the database combined with your web skills will insure that none of these are cookie cutter pages.
Too many people fall short of the creativity needed to use tools effectively, unfortunately.

As Mel pointed out, a database of information is a starting point. Where you take the pages that display that data is up to you. Simply adding things like relative rss feeds, article feeds, cartoon content, snippets available from other sources that are geo targetted can make a page fall above the 70-80% unique level that many strive for.

If all you do, as apparently PinkFloyd seems to think, is plop the content on a page, as-is, and do nothing to make the pages unique in the least, then yes, it may not help much.

Creativity is the main ingredient to success. The database is but a tool in providing useful information.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thanks for helping explain things William.. DB2Go is actually one of my new websites..

While I agree that old data is just a step north of worthless, these databases are constantly being refreshed and updated with new information, and having old information removed from them..

Like any other tool a database is only as useful as the content you build around it.. A simple yellow pages website for a niche market like cosmetic surgeons, with rss feeds added to it, and some real articles could easily become the starting point for a solid portal that would bring in people looking for cosmetic surgeons, provide a platform for the ad program of your choice, and even give you an opportunity to sell upgraded listings to the surgeons themselves..

Just one of a couple dozen ways to take constantly refreshed data and making something that is both useful and a revenue generator..

Old 11-21-2011, 06:07 AM

Database

Hi Feydakin

I have tried a couple of times to make contact with you via the sales email on your site, can't seem to get through. I am intersted in one of the databases but dont want to subscribe as I am only building one site. Can I just subscribe for one month in order to gain access to the singole database?

Kind regards
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feydakin View Post
Thanks for helping explain things William.. DB2Go is actually one of my new websites..

While I agree that old data is just a step north of worthless, these databases are constantly being refreshed and updated with new information, and having old information removed from them..

Like any other tool a database is only as useful as the content you build around it.. A simple yellow pages website for a niche market like cosmetic surgeons, with rss feeds added to it, and some real articles could easily become the starting point for a solid portal that would bring in people looking for cosmetic surgeons, provide a platform for the ad program of your choice, and even give you an opportunity to sell upgraded listings to the surgeons themselves..

Just one of a couple dozen ways to take constantly refreshed data and making something that is both useful and a revenue generator..

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Datapipe Acquires Newvem for AWS Cloud Analytics Web Hosting News 2013-09-10 14:12:49
Datapipe Delivers Green HPC Cloud from Verne Global Data Center in Iceland Web Hosting News 2013-06-17 17:16:04
Heroku Launches Platform API in Public Beta Web Hosting News 2013-05-31 11:23:01
Datapipe Makes Forbes List of America's Most Promising Companies Web Hosting News 2013-02-14 12:34:25
WHD.asia 2012 Web Hosting Events 2012-05-07 15:28:47