Thread: HyperVM

HyperVM

I'm thinking to sell VPS now , I'm just going to start , How about HyperVM?
    Whats the cost for running unlimited VPS on 1 server , where to buy it ...

-Rob

Look at www.lxlabs.com

Cost is $0.50/Per VPS

HyperVM (Unlimited Clients/Unlimited Servers)
    5 vps pack (2 servers) Free With HyperVM
    What bout this??

Its pretty self explanitory.. You can use HyperVM for free but it only supports upto 5 VPS. HyperVM licenses are purchased Per VPS. Clients/Servers remain unlimited.

This information can all be found on the Lxlabs site. You would probably be better off asking them or posting on their forum at http://forum.lxlabs.com as they are not active on WHT as far as I know.

I would recommend HyperVM 100%
    It only cost $0.50/server. you get 5 Free. But the only thing is, if you need 6, you must pay a minimum of $10.00, so you will actually get 20, not just the 6 you need, which still is not bad at all. The only think that i have to bewarn you about is to MAKE SURE you have your server partitioned correctly or it will cause LOTS of trouble for you.

has anyone here actually set up xen on a server and using it in a production environment right now
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Area 51 View Post
    has anyone here actually set up xen on a server and using it in a production environment right now
    I am personally running openVZ on my HyperVM in a business production environment

is openVZ software based or hardware based
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Area 51 View Post
    Yes we use Xen in production with HyperVM and thing's are running very well for us. Admittedly there have been a lot of major improvements in Xen stability in the past few months.

The only woes in HyperVM is the lack of OS support. Why do they still haven't fixed that CentOS5 issue with shell? With CentOS5 not running properly and Fedora version only at 5, you're basically stuck with CentOS 4.5 and FC 5 if you're decided to go with HyperVM. I've seen that many customers don't like HyperVM for that reason.

Virtuozzo is definitely the best, fastest, and most stable out there.

I think you are thinking of lxadmin? HyperVM supports more than just CentOS 4.5 and FC5.

Yes there are still SSH issues, but you click 1 button and it works again.
    For the price of it, against software such as Virtuozzo, it's pretty damn good! We've been using it for about 6 months now, and it works absolutely fine.
    █ Tech-Hosts
    https://www.tech-hosts.co.uk
    █ UK Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS & Dedicated Servers

I've actually been looking at HyperVM for quite some time... From what experience I've had with it, I care for it more than Virtuozzo! I have a dev server in my office that I am going to do a fresh install of CentOS on and setup an OpenVZ (or Xen, not sure yet) and HyperVM combo on to use for dev and testing
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    Windows VPS // Dedicated Servers // Backup Services
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Googlios View Post
    The only woes in HyperVM is the lack of OS support. Why do they still haven't fixed that CentOS5 issue with shell? With CentOS5 not running properly and Fedora version only at 5, you're basically stuck with CentOS 4.5 and FC 5 if you're decided to go with HyperVM. I've seen that many customers don't like HyperVM for that reason.

Virtuozzo is definitely the best, fastest, and most stable out there.
    I rarely encouter issues with the CentOS 5 dev issue, actually the last time that happened was several months ago.

And as far as OS templates go, we are not stuck with FC5, we have FC5,6 and Fedora 7 & 8 running just fine.

Where have you seen that customers don't like HyperVM for the Centos 4.5/FC5 issue as it's not even an issue? Just curious, the lxlabs forums? We also run ubuntu 7.10, debian 4.0 so I'm wondering where you are getting the idea that HyperVM only supports a couple outdated OSs.

hypervm, lxadmin, and whmcs is a very good combo... also a very cheap setup i might add....