Question Suggestion for a Windows VPS to be potentially slashdotted

Hello all,

I have a client who has a website that made the Digg frontpage a couple of times in the past. He is interested in having a windows VPS to place not only the mentioned website but also some custom developments in asp.net I'm doing for him. My question is, what kind of configuration should I be looking for, in order to guarentee that the site is not going to collapse if a blog entry is slashdotted/dugg again? do that depends more on the hosting provider policy, or do certain combination of memory/bandwith/configuration would do the trick? The VPS will be unmanaged, any desirable configuration/provider that you guys can recommend will be appreciated.

Thanks!

If you switch to static pages and tweak apache, pretty much any server should be able to handle the load.
    If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.
    Lord Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyWilliams View Post
    If you switch to static pages and tweak apache, pretty much any server should be able to handle the load.
    This is windows, so long as you have static pages and good amount of ram IIS will handle it perfectly.

Seconded, i host plenty of busy sites - just make sure you have a decent amount of RAM.
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

i would recommend www.triple8.net there windows Support is Superb, they have telephone support and live chat as well as tickets...
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

Thank you everybody for all your comments. @Stephen: When you say a good amount of ram, exactly what do you mean? Do 1GB makes the cut?

Quote Originally Posted by agetroe View Post
    Thank you everybody for all your comments. @Stephen: When you say a good amount of ram, exactly what do you mean? Do 1GB makes the cut?
    Depending on the page content and static/dynamic 512MB could make it with proper app pool configuration and optimization for auto recycles on RAM limits.