what about hosty.net

hi i need to know is hosty.net good or no i will buy reseller from them

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php and google

just a quick look - i couldn't find much either place. that may be good or bad. the domain was registered in january of 2007 so they are a newer company. their whois also indicates that the address on record for the company appears to be a residence. this is something you may also want to be leary of.

also, there isn't a contact page on their website nor a support desk, more red flags.

upon looking at their site, i see they offer an unmetered plan for 8.95/month. as i'm sure other people have mentioned in your other thread, i'd be extremely leary of any company that offers 'unlimited' or 'unmetered' disk and bandwidth.

basically, you are never going to get that from any company.

long story short - i would do a lot of research on these guys before going with them. they have a telephone number to call, give them a ring and test out their response time and technical knowledge.
    Last edited by db09; 03-06-2008 at 01:22 PM.

i need to know ???????????some thing i wrote

i gave you resources to check out including some, from my experience, sound advice and red flags that would steer the average WHT user to do a significant amount of research and work on their own before choosing hosty for their sites.

seeing as that they are a relatively small company (per domain tools : 120-some domains), i doubt you'll find anyone here who has actually used them although stranger things have happened.

sometimes you have to do the leg work yourself and not expect the answer to be served on a platter.
    Last edited by db09; 03-06-2008 at 01:33 PM.

@db09

Do you have any idea regarding the following companies:

hostforweb.com
    liquidweb.com

ok i buy from it or no????

Quote Originally Posted by samser_m View Post
    @db09

hostforweb.com
    liquidweb.com
    i have not used either. a friend does have a dedi from liquidweb and is pleased. there are tons of reviews for both companies on this board.

@PowerRangers:

It's not an easy 'yes' or 'no' answer since I, and apparently noone else here has used them. Like I said, do some research. Call them or AIM/MSN/Yahoo Messenger them. Tell them what you are looking for, ask if they can support your sites on their machines. Ask technical questions to test their proficiency.

You can not do the things I have suggested and just purchase their services. But .. you wouldn't step foot onto a minefield with a blindfold on, would you?

Good luck!
    Last edited by db09; 03-06-2008 at 02:44 PM.

thanks man and iam waiting if any one another will reply

this portion of their TOS is wiiiiiiiiide open to interpretation:

At anytime, all shared hosting accounts must use an acceptable level of resources and stay below 2% of the total system resources.
    it says shared, which i would assume includes reseller (since it's basically shared hosting). i would definitely ask them for clarification on this. does it refer to disk space/bandwidth, cpu time, ram??
    Last edited by db09; 03-06-2008 at 03:11 PM.

PowerRangers; Hostforweb and Liquidweb is old and one of the most popular hosting companies on the Web. If you try search from http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php when you can find the reviews that made about these companies. Read the reviews before ask a question!
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Quote Originally Posted by samser_m View Post
    @db09

hostforweb.com
    liquidweb.com
    i signed for there vps1 special at liquidweb earlier today as i feel better going fully managed and the setup went smoothly and all seems well. The support blew me away as the staff goes out of there way to help.

For PowerRangers; those offer seem to good to be true. My advice contact the company via support. If no fast response dump them. prontohost.net offers master reseller package. i have a reseller account with them and they have not let me down. Kevin and his staff is very helpful.

But do some research as not all new companies are bad. i mean look at google it was 2 fellows that started it. We all have to start somewhere in this world
    Want a eBook Cover Action Scripts CLICK HERE

dhcart,
    does you script allow you to add other domain (.co.za) and is it a full billing management script or is it only used for domains?
    Want a eBook Cover Action Scripts CLICK HERE

Use the search, and not only that, db09 gave you a good head start ??

HOSTY.NET

Quote Originally Posted by PowerRangers View Post
    An incompetent individual, slow server, slow and unsatisfactory support and fails to honour Refund Policy - Avoid and Go Elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerRangers View Post
    Why from them, what makes you want to buy a plan just from this company?

Vouched

Quote Originally Posted by MYIGIS View Post
    An incompetent individual, slow server, slow and unsatisfactory support and fails to honour Refund Policy - Avoid and Go Elsewhere!
    I had to dispute the credit card charge. It looked like things would be good at first but after 3 months they fell apart.

Excactly..

Quote Originally Posted by MYIGIS View Post
    Agree.. Just canceled this hosting.

Hosty.Net

My situation with them has been somewhat mixed. I have a ton of hosting accounts and kind of expect to have "so-so" results at these prices. I don't have the time to handle my own servers; I used to try do that and it just didn't work out for me. I have just over 250 domains in my 18/mo account with them and the server I'm on has plenty of resources available. On the other hand, I have never been able to get smtp to work properly (even though they switched me to a different server to get it going.. twice). Customer service is very slow as well, but hey... if you're looking at hosting for mission critical apps, then you pay more than 18/mo, lol. I run a lot of basically self parked domains, a few hundred in each account with various places and cost is king for me... For a lot of things, you would do okay with this type of plan. It isn't for everybody, but it has actually been pretty good for the price.