MCHost the best you can get?

Hi,

I am starting to resell and MCHost looks really good! I did searches on this forum for them and all comments are good!
    Are they really the best you can get (I like them offering Cpanel)? I also love their design of their site, such things make my decision easier

And does anyone has experience with them in Holland? Is there a Dutch reseller who uses them? If so, hwo about the speed, is it fast? And service etc. (I know this generally applies, but since Holland is in a other time zone US businesses tend too respond much later).

THank you in advance, any else who has good or bad comments on MCHost may post here!

Jacco

MCHost the best you can get?
    Everybody has their own opinions, but as far as I know they are an excellent reseller host. Its good to shop around first rather than go straight to MCHost.

good choice. im with mchost for over half ayear now and while they had their share of issues months ago but who deosnt and they are still truly the best reseller host i have been with. lots of features you dont see on their site like custom scripts for resellers and cpanel advance. see you over at the forums.

Re: MCHost the best you can get?

Originally posted by Blikje
    I am starting to resell and MCHost looks really good! I did searches on this forum for them and all comments are good!
    You'll find a mix of good and bad reports about mchost here. They're a good provider. Far from perfect, but good. Maybe dig a little deeper in your searching....
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Re: MCHost the best you can get?

I know this generally applies, but since Holland is in a other time zone US businesses tend too respond much later
    That's where 24/7 support comes in
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

good host

well after being screwed by bluebox internet and kicked up the ass by earhost (and still never refunded!!) i narrowed down my options to mchost, httpme and splashhost ended up going with mchost because all my questions got answered fast and could not be happier with the service. finnaly i can stay
    stanford rocks!!

You might also want to have a look at http://www.voxtreme.com .

They have the best support I experienced with 4 resellers so far.

Also, I know that the dutch registrars have some restrictions concerning nameservers. I you go to http://forum.voxtreme.com , look for Change. He's Dutch and I'm sure he can help you with that.

I signed up with serverplex about a month ago,and couldn't be happier

The prices are great too! So far 100% uptime

I've been with MC Host and Voxtreme. Voxtreme is far far superior.

Originally posted by justageek
    I've been with MC Host and Voxtreme. Voxtreme is far far superior.
    In what way is VoxTreme superior over MCHost? Except the more space and traffic for lesser money?

Jacco

By the way, maybe a stupid question, but VoxTreme provides 4 ip's. Does that mean that I can give my customers only 4 IP's (so the rest will get dynamic or something) or is that for my hosting account and can I give my clients also for IP's each? How does it work?

Jacco

Also, I did a tracert on MCHost and was that a part of their traffic runs over Cogent. Is this only for their own site of does every reseller get this too? If so, that really does NOT explain the high prices and if they run over Cogent I won't choose since I already in the Netherlands so pings are already higher.

Jacco

By the way, maybe a stupid question, but VoxTreme provides 4 ip's. Does that mean that I can give my customers only 4 IP's (so the rest will get dynamic or something) or is that for my hosting account and can I give my clients also for IP's each? How does it work?

Jacco
    Most probably, you get the 4Ips for your main account. 1 for your main domain and maybe 2 for your nameservers. Your domains that you setup for your clients in your WHM, would be name based accounts where they share the IP of the server.

If you ask Voxtreme, I'm sure they can sell or give you additional IPs if you really need them...
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

We currently have multi-homed bandwidth through several providers, including Level3, Aleron and Cogent, as well as direct peering with 14 networks in Atlanta. We will also be completely getting rid of Cogent in the very near future (announcement hint to current clients ) and replacing it with another provider, even though we've had better uptime and performance than with previous bandwidth providers such as AT&T or Sprint.

Any provider should let you buy additional IPs, most usually at around $0.50 (50 cents) per IP. In any way, choose the plan that fits best your business structure and clients

wij spreken ook een weinig nederlands
    Marc Wyss - [email protected]
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

In what way is VoxTreme superior over MCHost? Except the more space and traffic for lesser money?

Jacco
    I have also been with both.

MCHost is a fine company, no question, but so is Voxtreme. If support is important to you, Voxtreme is the better choice.

Their staff is unbelievable!

To clarify (thank you to Marc and Bob for mentioning) we provide 4 IPs to start with, and you can purchase more when you need.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

For those interested, I posted a request:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=67782

Jacco

Jacco
    Uptime, billing, security, responsiveness, support, etc. I really don't feel like drudging up old water here, but suffice it to say that the difference is very noticeable. My sites are up, support questions get answered, billing isn't a problem and the staff are friendly. MC Host may very well have improved since I was with them, but when I was I simply couldn't run a business on the service I received. YMMV.

Originally posted by Kiwi
    wij spreken ook een weinig nederlands
    Very good
    But it is ;

Wij spreken ook een beetje Nederlands

Originally posted by diederik

Very good
    But it is ;

Wij spreken ook een beetje Nederlands
    [offtopic]
    Een weinig is possible (nice mix up of Dutch and English) but that would assume that Kiwi is a "kakker"
    I won't post the real translation of "kakker" (well ok, it's ****ter), but it means that he is a more arrogant rich fellow (hope I explained it right Diederik )
    [/offtopic/

Jacco

[offtopic]
    Een weinig is possible (nice mix up of Dutch and English)
    Happens when you try to mix up dutch and swiss. And yes, i know what 'kakker' means.
    Marc Wyss - [email protected]
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

Voxtreme.com ... great plans, great servers, great uptime and super great support !!

After many mishaps i found them, and they are simply exellent!

Have your research and opinion though

I have accounts with both companies. MCHost since April, Voxtreme since May.

Uptime with both has been stellar. I haven't noticed any downtime on the servers I am on.

As I was explaing to someone else today, the chief difference, for me at least, has been in support. Both do a great job on this, but how they get there is different.

Voxtreme responds VERY quickly to tickets with complete answers. MCHost takes a little longer, but gets the job done.

Both their support teams are technically proficient and friendly. Especially when you have a brain fart and miss something obvious.

Voxtreme's community of resellers is smaller and growing, whcih means that the contained experience in their forums is smaller. MCHost on the other hand seems to have more experienced resellers and their forums are very large and in-depth.

The only other difference is billing systems. I had to change credit cards. At MCHost it was a snap. At Voxtreme it takes a little more work to make it happen.

That's really all I have noticed personally. I really like being a customer of both. Both are excellent choices and you can't go wrong choosing either one of them. Rock solid thumbs up for both.

Good luck!

HTTPme.com

MAXIMUM POWER
    COMPUTERS CAN DO THAT?
    http://www.computerscandothat.com

Re: good host

Originally posted by fredofford
    well after being screwed by bluebox internet and kicked up the ass by earhost (and still never refunded!!) i narrowed down my options to mchost, httpme and splashhost ended up going with mchost because all my questions got answered fast and could not be happier with the service. finnaly i can stay
    Hello, we never recieved a request for a refund. If we had we would have refunded like we did for everyone else.

Also all our clients were GIVEN to MCHost. I guess you failed to read our announcements?