Thread: Colo in Seattle

Colo in Seattle

I have an extra tower server (Dell sc1430) that I'd like to colocate in Seattle. Anyone have a suggestion of a company that would colocate a tower in Seattle?

Thanks

The only place that comes to mind is Adtaq in the Westin building, but I know they have some pretty competitive pricing. Shoot them an email and ask what they can do for you.

avythe How much would it cost to get setup in your datacenter? I'd just like to get it hosted west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by avythe View Post
    The only place that comes to mind is Adtaq in the Westin building, but I know they have some pretty competitive pricing. Shoot them an email and ask what they can do for you.
    Thanks for the recommendation, Avythe!

Just as general advice to those looking to colo a mid-tower box, you will almost always be money ahead to invest a little toward a 1U rack mount server. With the prices of servers today, one to two months worth of mid-tower colo could buy you a new, efficient 1U server.

Check out the Core2Duo boxes over at www.rackmountsetc.com, you'll see they are pretty competitive.
    *TonyAdtaq* - support [at] adtaq.com
    FAST 2.5 Gbit Cloud Storage VPS and 10 Gbit NVMe VPS @ ADTAQ VPS

Space is cheap Tony, so no need for 1U, right?

I've always believed that 1U boxes actually decrease your datacenter density once they reach the lengths they average nowadays. Mind you a tower box is even worse, but I miss the days of 2U boxes that were 18" x 18" square. Most tower hardware can be easily installed into a 2U box quite easily. Not so with a 1U.

That said we've never stopped anyone from colo'ing a tower box here. In fact we've seen some REALLY weird servers arrive in our facility.

Regards,
    --chuck goolsbee, Prineville, Oregon, USA
    Please note: I no longer work for digital.forest in Seattle, WA, as I left them in early 2010 to pursue an amazing opportunity at an amazing datacenter project elsewhere... I do not speak for digital.forest here. However I still know they provide the best colocation in the Pacific Northwest.

Do you want Seattle downtown, or can be a bit outside?

A bit outside is fine. Anything within 100 miles is fine

forona.com. i had an excellent experience with them.
    George Donnelly / Systems Administrator
    High Speed Rails inc. / FOSS Hosting
    http://highspeedrails.com
    "Linux is Luke. FreeBSD is Yoda."