My emails from Virtual Dedicated Server stopped downloading to Outlook.
I have a virtual dedicated server hosted with "Domains Priced Right" I have several domains hosted on the server with emails for each. I used to be able to view my emails in Outlook however recently I've been getting the error (0x80042108) 'Outlook cannot connect to incoming (POP3) email server'
I've switched to thunderbird and still have the same problem. "Could not connect to the server mail.blahblah.com; the connection was refused."
I have about 10 domains and I can't see the emails for any of them.
I know the emails are there I can see them when I use webmail. I know thunderbird works because it can get email from gmail and my ISP. It just won't connect to the server and download them.
Things worked in the past so I'm perplexed. I'm running Windows Vista and maybe a new update has caused a problem. It may be a firewall issue but I've had a look at that. Also I did do a clean up of some old drivers.
There's a help document on Microsoft about the (0x80042108) error and I think the most likely problem is I have a corrupted email file. But I have deleted most of the emails from webmail and I still have the problem. Is there a way to identify and delete corrupted emails from the server?
If anyone has any ideas on what has caused my problem and how I could fix it, it would be much appreciated.
If you see no output, try to start Courier-imap through Plesk CP or from the command line: "$PRODUCT_RC_D/courier-imap start".
Check /var/log/message and $PRODUCT_ROOT_D/var/log/maillog for possible start up errors.
If you see the password error during POP3/IMAP login, check that you use the right mail user name and the password, you may change them through Plesk CP to be sure. Also try to run courier-imap with the default configuration. To do it, backup original /etc/courier-imap/imapd (/etc/courier-imap/pop3d for POP3) and replace it with /etc/courier-imap/imapd.dist (/etc/courier-imap/pop3d.dist). Then restart courier-imap and try to login again. In case of success compare the original and *.dist files in order to find the option that cause the problem.
authorization is required:
POP3 lock time 20 Min
Check the passwords for mailboxes in the dictionary
Switch on SPF spam protection
SPF checking mode Only create Received-SPF headers, never block Use temporary error notices when you have DNS lookup problems Reject mails when SPF resolves to "fail" (deny) Reject mails when SPF resolves to "softfail" Reject mails when SPF resolves to "neutral" Reject mails when SPF does not resolve to "pass"
SPF local rules
SPF explanation text
Names for POP3/IMAP mail accounts
Only use of full POP3/IMAP mail accounts names is allowed
I doubt you have a corrupted email file, if they are corrupted you shouldn't be able to see them in webmail. Since you mention your provider is unmanaged and paying that price I would suggest you take a look at the vps offering section. There are tones of well-known host that have a similiar plan and with fully managed that is willing to help and solve your problem.
IMO linux + 3rd party control panel is a pain in the neck unless you know linux inside out. Might as well having someone to manage it for you if you are mainly hosting domain/websites.
I really doubt ISP block certain email port. If you are really want to check you can try changing your pop server port and see if you can connect to it. Or ask one of your client to access the mail server.
For the price you are paying, I would say it is certainly not cheap.
I don't know what you do with your domains but imo take a look at the offer section. I would definatly take a look at JaguarPC as they seem to be running some interesting offer and I've heard some good word while trolling in the forum. Always do a search on WHT about the company before you give anyone your money.