Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ModernBill Experiances?

Hi people,

Just wondering - how many of you out there use ModernBill? How do you find it? I was also wondering if anybody was using 2Checkout with ModernBill, I have heard that its possible but is anybody doing it?

modernbill is good software, fairly harmless setup process.

i love modernbill, i use it with authorize.net
    Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

lame

I found it to be over priced (some little coder punks sure are getting rich) and in some cases unpredictable. Some invoices never get sent. and don't know if something went wrong because you never really know what it's doing. I'm more of a control freak and have to know exactly what's going on. I like to moderate every invoice sent out so avoid embarassment on my half. I personally I think it would be cheaper to do things on paper or create your own system if you know basic php & mysql insert/query commands. The bonus to this is the intergration into some merchants. But hey if you have money to burn, why not try it.

Modernbill is hardly that bad.

I bought the full code version a while ago = the most expensive one. It is good but as said in this thread before a bit overpriced.

When I say overpriced it is more the lack of payment plans like to be able to pay it off over some months or rent it for a monthly fee. If that is not possible or desired by the makers which I can fully understand it should be a bit cheaper.

As to the quality, it is very good and recommendable.

over priced? 279$? i mean, how much cheaper do you want it. The developer has put A LOT of time into it, and is STILL putting time into it. You cant expect him to work at mcdonalds rates. 279 for full source + year of support is NOT bad.
    Nick Twaddell

Very well said Nick.

Nick just voiced what many host's and programmers have been thinking on this board for quite a while.

Unfortunately you can see this very clearly in the advertising forums where people are selling their services @ McDonalds pricing.

The day that I finally see customers asking a fair price for a fair service / product on this board, I will have a heart attack.

Originally posted by ntwaddel
    over priced? 279$? i mean, how much cheaper do you want it. The developer has put A LOT of time into it, and is STILL putting time into it. You cant expect him to work at mcdonalds rates. 279 for full source + year of support is NOT bad.
    It shouldn't be more then 200$ IMHO. And "full source" is not a feature. This ZEND thing is a pest and shouldn't be used on paying clients and disabling them from making modifications.

Originally posted by NocSol

It shouldn't be more then 200$ IMHO. And "full source" is not a feature. This ZEND thing is a pest and shouldn't be used on paying clients and disabling them from making modifications.
    well you dont have anything to worry about then, you can write your own
    Nick Twaddell

Originally posted by ntwaddel

well you dont have anything to worry about then, you can write your own
    Ah comme on now... that is not the issue here :/

I don't think modernbill is overpiced at ALL! Right now I pay $40/month for the billing program we use, thats $480/year, thats twice modernbill.

The monthly fee we pay is one of the reasons why we decided to build our own billing program (myBilling.info).

And the ZEND thing being a pest, its just like buying a product for your PC, you can't customize it how you want. If you would want to customize it, you'd probably have to pay a heck of a lot of money to do that, same with modernbill.
    Jeff Link - jeff.link@intrahost.com
    NewLinkOne.com - Resell Domains and we handle billing!

I love Modernbill and FYI its not overpriced , I think its the nice billing software for that price and Admin there really works hard and support all his clients.
    FastWebHost.com - Business Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, WordPress & Fast VPS Hosting
    FastWebHost.in Best India Web Hosting Provider. India Web Hosting
    Hosting Websites Since 2002. Locations: USA, Netherlands, Germany and India.

We use Modernbill and have found it to be excellent. We have it integrated into our order form on the site through custom coding. When you have 3000 customers or more, yoiu cannot preview every invoice anyway.

It workds great with Authorize.net.

As for pricing. It is the CHEAPEST package out there with the features it has. I installed Billmax for one of my customers and that cost over $2500. How could anyone running a real hosting business think that a $279 package is too much money? If you only have 20 customers. Use a spreadsheet....

I just wanted to chime in here. I also agree that ModernBill is NOT overpriced. If you have a considerable amount of clients paying monthly, just try doing all of the billing by hand. It honestly used to take us 15 hours every month to invoice and charge all of our monthly clients. Now what do we do? Just point and click. I find it just ridiculous that it only takes 5 minutes now. I honestly can not stop laughing when I think about how much time we used to spend on billing. And on top of all of that, we don't have any errors anymore, and clients that have their charge declined are automatically notified and 80% of them take care of it on their own.

For $279 I almost feel like we are stealing this software. ModernBill has honestly saved us hundreds if not thousands of dollars, and we are extremely happy with it.

I got into modernbill fulls source last year and the price was only 150 or less...any way for this software it was a great price and now i only pay 20.00 per 6 months for support and updates. I think i have submitted 3 or 6 questions in this whole time period.

And the best part of the latest versions is that you can have the daily billing done automatically. We don't even need to click any more.

Originally posted by Websytz
    And the best part of the latest versions is that you can have the daily billing done automatically. We don't even need to click any more.
    I never did understand exactly how recurring billing works in ModernBill. If you wanted to bill customers on the same date they signed up each month, it appears you would need to login to ModernBill everyday to find customers due on that day and then charge the credit card in order to always bill on the same date. Is this correct or is the process completely automated now once a customer is entered into ModernBill?

As long as you set the billing to Anniversary in the setup, then each day when you generate invoices and run the batch they will get included. There is a script that can be put into the CRON to run everyday.

It can be completely automated once the script is installed.

Is the script included with ModernBill?

Thanks for the information.

Yea, but it's not in the docs. I have not activated it yet. Check their support Board.

www.modernsupport.com

Can Modern Bill have recurring billing for monthly clients, quarterly and annually (yearly) all at once? Or is there a limit that says you can only do one of the three?
    DatacenterHardware.com
    Remote Power Switch / Switched PDU

Any one of them. It's pretty flexible.

Originally posted by Websytz
    Any one of them. It's pretty flexible.
    Any one of them ... as in my customers can choose which one they want, and it will automatically bill them and invoice them with this amount? Or do you mean I can only setup one and not be able to setup three different payment plans?

Thanks.
    DatacenterHardware.com
    Remote Power Switch / Switched PDU

Actually, you can have one client with 3 domains, one billed monthly, one billed quarterly, and one billed anually. In the odd months where more than one account is due, it will group them on one invoice and bill them under one transaction. That is assuming that it is setup to bill on the first of every month.

I really like modernbill and have been using it for better than 8 months now.
    Marty Hoskins
    http://tlcwe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast