What do you think about a LxAdmin Shared Host?

Hello Everyone,

I have recently been pondering and though i would let the community help. I currently have a cPanel Hosting business, but I have been looking into opening up a new site where i do LxAdmin Hosting. Do you think this would be profitable since not many people out there do this. Here are some of the things i was thinking about

Pro's
    ---------
    + Unique
    + would be faster as LxAdmin uses less resources
    + would be able to host more clients on the server

Con's
    --------
    - not very popular control panel (that i know of)

Do you think it would be a good try to venture into this?

Have you looked at offering a more unique cPanel hosting service? For example you could run Litespeed which is fully interchangable with apache and offers significant performance increases.

I am not sure about Lxadmin being used as the base for a hosting company. Sure its a great package for a small number of sites but like you say, I am not sure what demand will be like. LxAdmin is supposed to be 100% feature compatible with cPanel, but cPanel/DA and other panels have been around longer so are better known by most people.

I don't think the uniqueness of it would be a deciding factor by the drones of shared hosting customers. We're all used to the likes of cPanel and Plesk by now. What's really going to attract new customers is if your LxAdmin solution means lower prices and lower TCO.

I started using DirectAdmin because it was cheaper than most, used less resources, allowed me as an admin to do more without it "bitching" about things (cPanel can be picky about its own special stuff), and I could run them on cheaper FreeBSD servers. This in turn resulted in lower prices for the customers and better hosting conditions because I could throw up more servers with DA cheaper.

Not many people at the time had heard of DirectAdmin but "Click here to setup e-mail" is universal in all customers' minds regardless of what CP it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I don't think the uniqueness of it would be a deciding factor by the drones of shared hosting customers. We're all used to the likes of cPanel and Plesk by now. What's really going to attract new customers is if your LxAdmin solution means lower prices and lower TCO.

I started using DirectAdmin because it was cheaper than most, used less resources, allowed me as an admin to do more without it "bitching" about things (cPanel can be picky about its own special stuff), and I could run them on cheaper FreeBSD servers. This in turn resulted in lower prices for the customers and better hosting conditions because I could throw up more servers with DA cheaper.

Not many people at the time had heard of DirectAdmin but "Click here to setup e-mail" is universal in all customers' minds regardless of what CP it is.
    Yes. That is what I was thinking with LxAdmin. Because it can run on only 15mb ram, i would be able to get a server cheaper, in result giving the client a cheaper price with a more quick, responsive server.