ESTABLISHED Free Web Host Biz

GetHosted.org – FREE Web Hosting Business

Overview
    I am getting an early start on my Spring cleaning. I am selling this website because... frankly... it is conflicting with my other web hosting business. This is an established website that gets 4,000 hits each month with little promotion. (see stats below)

What is this site?
    This site offers free web hosting which includes their own cPanel account and MySQL, PHP, POP, etc, support. Clients are able to signup using a subdomain of this site, or with their own domain name (if you allow this in the admin panel)

The site uses iPanel account creation software ($50 value) which offers many cool features that will help you run this business. You can offer both free and / or paid hosting with this software. iPanel will charge $10 to transfer this license, but you will get access to their latest release... which offers improved features and includes a "post to host" option too.

The Domains
    Gethosted.info which was established Nov. 2005
    Gethosted.org which was established Aug. 2006

Both domains are PR3 and the .INFO domain has an Alexa traffic rank of: 171,383
    This sale includes more than 500 accounts using subdomains of the above TLDs or using their own domain. There are also 2 paid accounts included. (would be more... but I am busy promoting other hosts)

Click here to view the site

Stats
    http://www.gethosted.info/sale/awstats-th.png

Listings
    These sites are listed in numerous places for free hosting and does attract a bit of Asian traffic. And although Asian traffic does have a bad “rap”... I find they are no different than any of the English users we have. The .ORG domain... on the other hand... was added to this network to build up a more “English” flow of traffic (for the benefit of the advertisers) and receives almost 90% of its hits from US traffic.

Hosting/Domain transfer
    We currently host this site on one of our own cPanel servers and require that it be moved as soon as possible. It will be best to host this setup on a server or VPS that you have root access to... in order to setup mod_layout which is required to use the forced banner option.

Other Requirements include:
    » Cpanel / WHM, DirectAdmin, Plesk
    » PHP 4.4.x or PHP 5.x
    » MySQL 4.x or MySQL 5.x
    » Curl+SSL » Ioncube loader (included in the script)
    » OPENSSL

Potential
    This is the perfect opportunity for someone wanting to jump right into the free web hosting business. Everything is in place and ready to go.

Revenue
    It has been a while since we have been able to report any income from this network due to other circumstances. We previously upgraded to iPanel's version 3 a while ago for the benefit of our other free host we run on the same server... and we also have upgraded our server software a few months ago... which has caused a problem with getting mod_layout to work with this site. Seems there is a conflict with another module we are using (suphp) which is confirmed here:
    http://lists.tangent.org/pipermail/m...ry/002240.html

Finally
    This auction will run until midnight EST, Mar. 11. We reserve the right to sell on whether or not my minimum price has been met.

BIN: $399 USD

Good luck with your bidding!
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

How much space are you using? What are your current server configs? How much mem is being used.. etc..

please provide more info
    if ($life == "fair") {exit;}else ($life = "1") {$reality_sets_in = 1;
    $server_cost = relative";
    $shared_host = $bye - $bye;}
      0 Not allowed!

Space used: Thats tough to get a definitive answer. Each account only gets 100 MB. But going by the space used for the whole server and divided by the number of accounts... we can estimate this will take about 15 - 20 GB of space.

Server configs: You mean what is this running on ? This package is only about a fifth of what we have running on a dedicated Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz with 2048 KB ram.

Memery usage: Right this instance the server is showing this:

......................total.......used........free
    Mem:...............2063136.....1867280.....195856
    -/+ buffers/cache:..512512.....1550624
    Swap:..............2096440......101056.....1995384
    Total:.............4159576.....1968336.....2191240
      0 Not allowed!

I will bid 100 USD for this.

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Can you show us one of your free customers site to see how it looks with the banners?
    We buy Hosts.
    aim: konper
      0 Not allowed!

The ipanel script will add any header and footer code you would like. You can turn this option on or off across all the accounts... or you can select accounts by their plan or individually if you so choose.

The forced banner option is currently not working with this setup as I stated previously in the "Revenue" section above. But here is what it would of looked like the way it had been running.

http://scoopy.gethosted.info/
    http://scoopy.gethosted.info/wordpress/

I had set up each new account to get a nice index page to welcome them. The header contained a 728x90 advertisement... while the footer had our credit line (complete with a class specified so the client could style it to their liking)

thanks,
    scoopy
      0 Not allowed!

110 USD offer.
      0 Not allowed!