Thumbs up uni-hosts.com review

ok, I bought a server from them

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=658330

1. Uptime:
    They guarantee 99.9% uptime. The uptime was great till Feb(100%), but they've had a power failure in February...causing about 2 hours of downtime. However, I'm happy with that as well because they offered me $50 credit I expect they could have my server pulled down every month for 4 hours(so that i get a free server ...lol jk)

2. Support:
    There isn't a response guarantee. Sometimes "replies" are made within minute, sometimes it could take "much" longer. though, there are only 3 people for support as I can see, but the resolution time is EXCELLENT. They've a priority support, for reboots only, which is excellent when you're in hunt for a reboot. Though, I have my server with a remote reboot port, so I never needed anything else.

I'm not sure if they do this all the times, but they've installed few 3rd party scripts for me as well.

3. Hardware:
    Only 2 months to tell. But I never had anything with hardware, neither major nor minor.

4. Network:
    I was willing to get 1 Gbit port, but it is "very expensive". My suggestion is to lower the prices, or you won't be having any one with 1 Gbit port

The bad part....have your website updated...regularly. Even your website presently doesn't show up the latest deals you've been doing.
    LiveChat and an Emergency phone number is a plus...Great work guys...Keep it up!

P.S. I hope I can have similar deal now you gave me a couple of months ago :p

I agree. No chat, no phone support, makes it hard to contact them.

But yes I also have a server with them and their support is though decent and pricing is great.
    Cash4Berry.com - Sell your cell for cash!

Seems like a typical one-man hosting company run with half-assed effort (no offense).
    If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.
    Lord Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyWilliams View Post
    Seems like a typical one-man hosting company run with half-assed effort (no offense).
    That is the beauty of the internet, a one man business running half-assed and making a living at it, it's just how you can keep your clients tolerate your business practice.

Just to let everyone know, we aren't one-man business. Though, we aren't 100-people company, our staff is more than 3.
    Universal Hosts - Premium Web Hosting for non premium Prices
    Now providing Virtual Private Servers and Managed Dedicated Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyWilliams View Post
    Do you have any experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexDrive View Post
    That is the beauty of the internet, a one man business running half-assed and making a living at it, it's just how you can keep your clients tolerate your business practice.
    Yeah, we've all seen some of cari's reviews here Half an *** is better then none at all!
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

Quote Originally Posted by xtrafile1 View Post
    I agree. No chat, no phone support, makes it hard to contact them.

But yes I also have a server with them and their support is though decent and pricing is great.
    Support is support, if they have bad online help desk support, than it wouldn't matter if they had live chat or phone support. For certain things, online help desk support is more efficient.

But since you say their support is decent, than I don't know if phone support would make a difference.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest