* Steadfast Networks

I signed up for shared web hosting in November 2007 with Steadfast Networks. I have a personal blog that averages around 100 hits per day, so I didn't need anything fancy, but I wanted something that would be stable.

I have been very pleased with Steadfast. Signing up was easy, I had everything I needed to get started almost immediately, the one time I had a problem it was fixed 6 minutes after submitting a trouble ticket. (It was a minor issue, but the speed of response was what impressed me.)

I've also been able to have more than one domain on my shared host plan. I have 3 other sites there as well. Granted, none of them generate much traffic, but I appreciate the ability to have everything in one place. I am hoping for one site to become much busier in the future, and have been assured by Steadfast that they will assist me in upgrading however far up I need to move my service.

With fantastic customer service, stable uptime, an easy to navigate control panel, and affordability, you might think that Steadfast Networks is perfect. While close, that is not true. The one thing that I actively dislike is how their billing is set up. I can add funds to my Steadfast account whenever I like, and I make sure to have at least 2 months' hosting fees in the account at any given time, but I'm always afraid that if for some reason I forget to add funds to my control panel, that my site will be canceled without warning. I'm probably worrying about nothing, but I wish that Steadfast's billing policies were more clearly defined and easier to find.

That said, I find that in the grand scheme of things, the billing issue is more of an annoyance than a true issue. I highly recommend Steadfast Networks.

Karl, Kevin and the rest of the people at Steadfast Networks are fantastic! Congratulations for having a positive web-experience with them!

Its good to see you are happy with your host. What domain do you have hosted with them? Have you asked SteadFast Networks about their billing policy? You might find that its not what you think. Most hosts just suspend accounts if its for non-payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrehc View Post
    With fantastic customer service, stable uptime, an easy to navigate control panel, and affordability, you might think that Steadfast Networks is perfect. While close, that is not true. The one thing that I actively dislike is how their billing is set up. I can add funds to my Steadfast account whenever I like, and I make sure to have at least 2 months' hosting fees in the account at any given time, but I'm always afraid that if for some reason I forget to add funds to my control panel, that my site will be canceled without warning. I'm probably worrying about nothing, but I wish that Steadfast's billing policies were more clearly defined and easier to find.
    Just to clarify a couple things regarding the billing.

First of all, if you have a credit card on file that will always be billed automatically, so there would be no concern with the account being suspended. Even if you're paying via PayPal, you can still deposit to the account via PayPal and leave the credit card on file, just in case.

Also, in all cases, there is an email sent as soon as any account is past due. After that, another is sent 2 days later, then one 5 and 7 days after that one, and finally a final suspension notice is sent. Accounts are not suspended until they are two weeks past due, which should be more than ample time for anyone to correct any billing issues, and we feel that time is quite generous considering the competition. The main reason we don't advertise the fact is because I would much rather have people paying on time instead of waiting the full extra 2 weeks to pay.

Note: It is then one month after the suspension until the account is fully deleted from the system. Also, I do greatly appreciate the kind words.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Thank you for the clarification. I had problems finding the information on the website, but it's good to know.

And, other than for that, I've been very satisfied with my service.