Data Center Buildout - Need Recommendations

Hi, we are currently in need of someone who has had experience with Data Center build-outs. We are located in Northern California so someone in that area would be great. Does anyone here have any recommendations for someone they know or have worked with? Thanks in advance!

Contact Rob at Phlox. (www.phloxweb.com) Very knowledgeable and experienced guy who travels all over.

Kind Regards,

Who built your current colo?

Not sure since it's been awhile. We are currently built out for standard cabinets however there has been a high demand for caged space areas so we're looking for someone who has experience with this sort of buildout. We have plenty of room for expansion within the facility.

utropicmedia-karl: Thanks for the recommendation, however we would like to deal with someone within California at least.

IMO this DC did an interesting expansion. Maybe they may recommend someone.

http://www.forest.net/support/archiv...sion/index.php

We just built two data centers for a single client, I am sure we can send our crew for a couple of month up north.

Cheddah,

There are companies that specialize in this, I would recommend one of them. Try talking to someone at Digital Realty Trust, I'm sure they can help you out at some minor cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddah View Post
    Not sure since it's been awhile. We are currently built out for standard cabinets however there has been a high demand for caged space areas so we're looking for someone who has experience with this sort of buildout. We have plenty of room for expansion within the facility.

utropicmedia-karl: Thanks for the recommendation, however we would like to deal with someone within California at least.
    Understandable - I know Rob travels for build-outs - he did one in Florida last year for a CDN. If you need someone to even bounce ideas off of he's more than willing to help.

Kind Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by RossH View Post
    Cheddah,

There are companies that specialize in this, I would recommend one of them. Try talking to someone at Digital Realty Trust, I'm sure they can help you out at some minor cost.
    My employer has 13 racks at a DRT facility. I can't say it's the best facility, but certainly a good facility. Try Equinix too, they build beautiful data centers.

Thanks for your help guys. We will contact some of the people listed here and hopefully get some help with our endeavours.

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    IMO this DC did an interesting expansion. Maybe they may recommend someone.

http://www.forest.net/support/archiv...sion/index.php
    Thanks for the recognition, however we do all this work ourselves. No outside consultants are used, though we do hire qualified contractors.

Regards,
    --chuck goolsbee, Prineville, Oregon, USA
    Please note: I no longer work for digital.forest in Seattle, WA, as I left them in early 2010 to pursue an amazing opportunity at an amazing datacenter project elsewhere... I do not speak for digital.forest here. However I still know they provide the best colocation in the Pacific Northwest.

Oh yeah, we liked the fences that were used for your caged space, though with that height, aren't they easily scalable?

We used Puget Sound Refrigeration for our HVAC buildout. As cooling is half the equation in data center builds (power/cooling), I'd suggest taking a look at them. You can see some pictures of the duct work on our website www.netriver.net, although not as many as digital forest has (Props on photographing all your activities, it's interesting to see what you guys are up too).

Oh yeah, we liked the fences that were used for your caged space, though with that height, aren't they easily scalable?
    Not really... nowhere to get a foothold (unlike chainlink) and they'd probably slice your fingers off if you tried.

We offer to extend them to the ceiling if clients want them, but none have asked for that, yet.

Regards,
    Please note: I no longer work for digital.forest in Seattle, WA, as I left them in early 2010 to pursue an amazing opportunity at an amazing datacenter project elsewhere... I do not speak for digital.forest here. However I still know they provide the best colocation in the Pacific Northwest.

* Jinsu Knife Fence?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalforest View Post
    Not really... nowhere to get a foothold (unlike chainlink) and they'd probably slice your fingers off if you tried.

Regards,
    Alright I'm chuckling and can't resist the idea of someone tripping and grabbing a hold of your jinsu like cage fence only to find their fingers severed.

Quote Originally Posted by adam5oh View Post
    We used Puget Sound Refrigeration for our HVAC buildout. As cooling is half the equation in data center builds (power/cooling), I'd suggest taking a look at them. You can see some pictures of the duct work on our website www.netriver.net, although not as many as digital forest has (Props on photographing all your activities, it's interesting to see what you guys are up too).
    PSR are good guys. We used them for our Bothell facility. Say "Hi" to Nick Singer from me if you ever see him.

Thanks for the props.

Regards,

Hi, we are currently in need of someone who has had experience with Data Center build-outs. We are located in Northern California so someone in that area would be great. Does anyone here have any recommendations for someone they know or have worked with?
    Cupertino Electric built the electrical infrastructure of many data centers in Northern California during the dot-com boom and has a huge amount of experience with it. They are anything but cheap though, but the engineers they have know their stuff.

DPR Construction
    has been involved in many DC build projects as well throughout the Norcal area.

Not sure what part of Northern California you're in but I have a fair amount of insight into the Sacramento market. I believe there are at least two DC projects going on in that region right now. There's also a dormant DC space in Sacramento I believe as well, but it may not be entirely built out. Not sure what's going on in the Bay Area - locals will be able to speak better to that. I believe Equinix was adding a DC but not sure.

Hey...

Quote Originally Posted by adam5oh View Post
    Alright I'm chuckling and can't resist the idea of someone tripping and grabbing a hold of your jinsu like cage fence only to find their fingers severed.
    This is a tough business!

--chuck