servers with Unlimited Traffic

hello

I know it might sound stupid about Unlimited Traffic in shared hosting , but this dedicated server
    and I hared that some companies gives genuine unlimited bandwith.

Like (1 and 1)

order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/

Unfortunately it's for certain countries like (US , Canada and UK)

and OVH is a nice company

ovh.co.uk/products/dedicated_offers.xml

but also they limit them selves to certain countries and people who speak french(don't know why ?!)

-------------------

so what about you do you know good hosting server with genuine unlimited bandwith

Nobody offers unlimited bandwidth in a shared hosting package. Nobody. You'll find a few that claim it, like Yahoo, but they always have a caveat. Check out Yahoo's caveat at http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/unlimited/ . Notice all the use of the word 'appropriately'. That's so they can turn you off if you show up on their radar.

You'll find its the same everywhere. I guarantee you the HOST is paying for its bandwidth, so they're not going to turn around and give it to you for free. You know the old adage 'You don't get something for nothing'? Unlimited bandwidth would be like 'everything for nothing' - if you can't get something for nothing, how could you expect to ever get everything for nothing?

well that is true for shared hosting

but for dedicated server they give unlimited bandwith in some way

they give you line with limited speed but they don't monitor the number of transfered bandwidth on it

that is the true dedicated servers

so if you have 10 Mbs line , you can transfer 25 terabyte for month

OVH:
    "Limits of use
    In order to guarantee the quality of OVH services, some uses are subject to special conditions.
    That's why it is prohibited to make mass hosting with the following contents:

Video
    Streaming
    mirrors content
    To be able to use your server within these frameworks while benefiting from quality of service, you must subscribe to the VIP service.
    This service offers priority processing of your information on the OVH network and ensures continuity in the broadcast of information."

VIP = "The VideoIP offer is proposed at a price of 670 +VAT/month"

Go figure...

They all do that. Don't expect 100mbit "unlimited"/unmetered for peanuts.
    -Mr Bister

Don't know what makes you think any offer for unlimited bandwidth is genuine. Ovh has some decent speeds around some parts of Europe because of access to peerings but other than that, their network is heavily used. If you're looking for true unlimited bandwidth you'll find things like 10mbps unlimited(3300GB if fully used) for a 200$+ per month price, and that's just the connection price.

VIP = "The VideoIP offer is proposed at a price of 670 +VAT/month"

Go figure...
    I didn't see that before , you caught the thing

Don't know what makes you think any offer for unlimited bandwidth is genuine. Ovh has some decent speeds around some parts of Europe because of access to peerings but other than that, their network is heavily used. If you're looking for true unlimited bandwidth you'll find things like 10mbps unlimited(3300GB if fully used) for a 200$+ per month price, and that's just the connection price.
    that heavy

Its called Un-metered and not unlimited, since there is no limit to unlimited.

Its called Un-metered and not unlimited, since there is no limit to unlimited.
    your right , but I used to say that since the companies used to called it that way

generally its not unlimeted or unmetered.. there is no such thing.. its just a very big amount that we can call "unmetered"

10mbit unmetered can maximum catch 3300GB bandwidth..
    Nobody is perfect! My name is nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by mreng6 View Post
    so if you have 10 Mbs line , you can transfer 25 terabyte for month
    10 (megabits / second) = 3,210.13651 gigabytes / month. And thats if it's a dedicated line, unless your talking about a MBps line, which would be around 25T of bandwidth. But that line would be quite expensive if it was dedicated. OVH's 100Mbps line isn't dedicated, so you could have 50 other people sharing that same line meaning you only get 2Mbps.

Christian

Unlimited is just a marketing word for unmetered. My advice is to skip hosts that advertise with unlimited. You will always run in hidden rules somewhere in their terms.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroNet-Rob View Post
    Unlimited is just a marketing word for unmetered. My advice is to skip hosts that advertise with unlimited. You will always run in hidden rules somewhere in their terms.
    No they are not, for example you can't advertise unlimited here, but you can advertise unmetered, yes they are two different things and one isn't allowed here, unmetered means you can use up without being billed for it, for example 10Mbps unmetered gives you a 10Mbps port you can use up without getting billed for going over since you can't go over, so its limited unlike unlimited.

I was talking about the bandwidth part (see the TS), every host that offers Unlimited Bandwidth, is offering (usually shared) unmetered bandwidth.

That's as good as the "offer" I found of $19.99 for unlimited bandwidth and drive space. I told them I'd take the account if I could run it as a news server with a 300TB spool.

They replied that doing the above would violate their TOS. Oh so funny.
    http://www.wpdirectorypro.com is a premium plugin to make a directory using WordPress
    http://www.pocketbikeforum.com racing, mods, sales, and general discussion of pocket bikes

Quote Originally Posted by DNGeeks View Post
    That's as good as the "offer" I found of $19.99 for unlimited bandwidth and drive space. I told them I'd take the account if I could run it as a news server with a 300TB spool.

They replied that doing the above would violate their TOS. Oh so funny.
    That is exactly why its not allowed here, its never unlimited.