I regret..... RapidSwitch review. Everyone must read.

Howdy,

While I was looking for a provider at EU, I've found RapidSwitch after a friend's recommendation. Actually he only showed me their website not a real recommendation, anyways, I got my 1st server from them. When I asked about the delivery, customer services told me that there are many orders in quene so it will take a long time. But I was again happy when I saw my server only after 8 hours than I got this reply! If their busy time is this fast,
    I really wondered about their free times :-)

After a few days, I've ordered 2 more servers and they were ready a few hours later.. Too fast in setup. And they don't do things evasive, they do it professionally. All services and kernel come with performance tuned. They also add related iptables rules in linux!

BILLING 7/10
    Billing dept. doesn't understand or reply my questions carefully I think. Because I sometimes can't get the answers I am looking for. But I don't think this is a big problem as long as I pay my invoices on time. They setup and deliver the server, ask for money to be paid 40 days later! This is very good for big customers (At least for me?)

SUPPORT 8/10
    Support usually reply your questions within 10 minutes or less. I broke 2 points because they ask money for anything you request from support. I want to see more offers and answers from support not only sending payment authorization request.. Yes servers are self-managed but although other providers offer self managed services, they at least login to your server and do simple jobs :-) -Like "iptables -F" in my last ticket..

COMPANY 10/10
    These guys really know how to handle things. Their and my websites load to me and to customers VERY fast. Servers are up always, they monitor the services, ports, IPs, connectivity and websites! They send you emails and sms messages when some problems occur. This is what I really like. And it's a free service no matter how many SMS you got from monitoring server. I am very comfortable and don't think that if my sites are up or down, they send me reports!

OVERALL 9/10
    I am planning to move everything to RapidSwitch and stick to them. But I have some problems that need help but their billing software do not allow. I believe
    they will solve my problems very fast as they did before. My problem is big one-paper invoices. When I click to Pay by Card link in their billing panel, I see
    all my invoices under 1 amount which will pass my card balance in 1-2 months :-D

My Recommendation to RapidSwitch:
    Be more flexible to your customers. Don't limit yourself with your rules. That's only making us SLOW to order more and more services :-) I don't want to say here do not obey rules, of course we SHOULD obey them if we want better professional services/company.

And in the end I ordered my 7th server yesterday and will order more, soon. -7 servers in ~40 days, is it bad?-

I had 4 problems with them until now, they really solved 3 of them professionally, which especially made me happy my reload request problem.
    They were charging 40 pound for an OS reload but one day I told Ed. about giving 1 free reloads per month per server as we are reselling the servers and may need OS reload when a customer left from us, they put an automatic OS reload panel 2 weeks later!!!

Yes I regret, spending my time with other providers in EU.

I love RapidSwitch!!..

is nice to hear so good news, sames they doing good jobs , do you get any discount for reselling services?
    Last edited by TheRackSx; 03-04-2008 at 02:10 PM. Reason: wrong
    DDOS Protected - SSD KVM VDS & Storage KVM VDS.
    http://rackhost.co

Of course I am :-) Hmm, my discount will become 30% in a few weeks I think.

Thanks for the informative review

Damn. You tricked me!
    If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.
    Lord Chesterfield

looking good.i will also try to be a reseller

Rapidswitch is good for small server or low requeriments. If you need assistance to upgrade server to a bigger one in the future don't think in RapidSwitch. They doesn't provide the help you need.

Billing departmend: bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotet View Post
    Rapidswitch is good for small server or low requeriments. If you need assistance to upgrade server to a bigger one in the future don't think in RapidSwitch. They doesn't provide the help you need.

What problem you had with them?

we have three different companies. They mix the servers between our companies.
    Solution was solved but we need to open a lot of tickets. Easy things sometimes takes time with these guys

Wink rapidswitch is teh more bad company

Quote Originally Posted by pilotet View Post

I am before in rapidswitch and really send me bills for only answer simple questions . And never is possible update servers with system more of 32Bits

1.- Security really very bad hackers is in the paradise in rapidswitch
    2.- If you rent a firewall with apy support or not . You are in really travel. THis people not have Idea about firewalls and security.
    3.- POwer and networks stop is every week
    THe next Thursday 18 September 2008. Seeing as this is a very important operation, it can cause interruption to your service due to the complexity required to configure the router according to the existing network setup.

Date: 18 September 2008
    Window: 01:00 for 1 Hour
    Duration: < 20 minutes

Next week sure power is off or any new interruption

4.-Billing is nothing clear and make many mistek for you always pay more

Really I am not sure why people post here rapidswith is a good company. Only I think the people of rapidswitch make this post.

MOre of 10.000 pounds I lose for damage in this company and really I go to make back in the court.
    Take the time need

Power and networks off every week? Rapid Switch have some of the best networks in the world and we have never had any downtimes with them. When there was a single power outage their diesel generators kicked in within seconds and powered all servers until the outage ended. Again, no servers went offline.

As far as being secure, it is up to you to keep your server secure if it is not managed. Rapid Switch will provide you with tips on how to do this but it is up to you in the end to sort everything out. This is exactly the same for any unmanaged server provider.

Considering they are a multi-million pound company and host key networks from world wide enterprise class businesses, it is highly doubtful if they either have no idea or are a paradise for hackers.

On a lighter note, it's good to see another happy Rapid Switch customer here. I've been with them for the past few months with co-location and they have been nothing but superb. Their network has had no unscheduled outages, the servers we have with them are up and running perfectly (although they are co-lo).

Mike

rapidswith VS customers

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkill View Post
    Power and networks off every week? Rapid Switch have some of the best networks in the world and we have never had any downtimes with them. When there was a single power outage their diesel generators kicked in within seconds and powered all servers until the outage ended. Again, no servers went offline.

As far as being secure, it is up to you to keep your server secure if it is not managed. Rapid Switch will provide you with tips on how to do this but it is up to you in the end to sort everything out. This is exactly the same for any unmanaged server provider.

Considering they are a multi-million pound company and host key networks from world wide enterprise class businesses, it is highly doubtful if they either have no idea or are a paradise for hackers.

On a lighter note, it's good to see another happy Rapid Switch customer here. I've been with them for the past few months with co-location and they have been nothing but superb. Their network has had no unscheduled outages, the servers we have with them are up and running perfectly (although they are co-lo).

Mike
    Or really ? is not true rapidswith come down this year more of 10 times . Power suply off and two the generator also off one of this for fault in start .

Please become honest. Rapidswitch have many problems like is report here:
    ripoffreport^com/reports/0/345/RipOff0345006.htm
    I think I go to contat with the owner of this post for also become witness in the court.

Publicity and marketing is never good services. THis is first law youy need understand.

Servers of 32 BIts in Windows Ok
    Servers of 32 Bits in Linux is always limit to 2 GB ram and you need really hack in your own risk the kernel for more of 2 GB

VPn not work many times and in this support take long time for you expire your free time and pay 15

In many years with colocation and servers rent I never have more problems and lose more money.

99% Up is not 3 hours stop how 2 months ago and after one 3 days new time for power problems.

For many companys less of 99% Up is lose costumer money and big risk.

If you are the owner of your server is your business any technical problem. If you rent a firewall and the configuration is Ok. The company rent the firewall need to repaire in case of have hadware problems or update software in case of Bugs.

THis rapidswith never make.

My friend I have here in my desk staff is never sell and not possible sell now for teh problems with rapidswith. How you understand I go to take my books my staments, my sell reports to court and probe very easy damage of more 10.000 this is around 15.000 euros. How is clear I have also my own problems with my customer for the bad services of rapidswith .

Rapidswith to my emails never solve my problems and only try to sell me more services and also become off my hadware. If make sure I go to win more of I go to claim.

Rapidswith have only one solution for clear the imagen and I close legal actions and is Solve The problems with not any cost and not make me more problems again.

Quote Originally Posted by gineta View Post
    Or really ? is not true rapidswith come down this year more of 10 times . Power suply off and two the generator also off one of this for fault in start .
    No, that is not true. RS had a fault which resulted in the servers being powered by the generators on one occasion, the servers didn't go down, neither did their network.

Please become honest. Rapidswitch have many problems like is report here:
    ripoffreport^com/reports/0/345/RipOff0345006.htm
    Again, they don't have many problems like the one reported there. There are two sides to every story, RS's was reported and this users report was found, in the most part, to be missing key information, presumably to incite discontent towards Rapid Switch.

Servers of 32 BIts in Windows Ok
    Servers of 32 Bits in Linux is always limit to 2 GB ram and you need really hack in your own risk the kernel for more of 2 GB
    Incorrect, Windows servers only support a maximum amount of RAM dependant on the license you purchase. Linux has no limits on the maximum amount of RAM you can use.

Mike

ja ja jeje je

No, that is not true. RS had a fault which resulted in the servers being powered by the generators on one occasion, the servers didn't go down, neither did their network.

Again, they don't have many problems like the one reported there. There are two sides to every story, RS's was reported and this users report was found, in the most part, to be missing key information, presumably to incite discontent towards Rapid Switch.

Incorrect, Windows servers only support a maximum amount of RAM dependant on the license you purchase. Linux has no limits on the maximum amount of RAM you can use.

Mike
    Mike please you are one user of windows I not this very clear.-
    LInux 32 bits any distro alow only 2 GB I think solaris is possible litle more.

Linux 64 BIts Alow more of 2GB Ram. If you not this please read any other forums

with post like this:
    Depending on the distro, the kernel may not be supporting high amounts of RAM. I know that slackware 10.1 and 10.2 only allow up to 960MB of RAM by default, so in order to use my 1.5GB of RAM on my box, I would have to recompile the kernel for high memory (either up to 2 or 4GB, iirc) to access it.

I not also other post in this forum where the people not have any idea and not get why fedore 32 bits only show 2 gb when have installer 4 GB

The post is copy here : I thhink the question not have discussion

View Beta Profile

Exclamation Fedora is able to detect only 2 GB and not 4 GB of RAM.
    We recently setup a server with 4 gigs of RAM and installed Fedora core 7 32-bit version in it. After installing the OS, I have found that Fedora is able to detect only 2 GB and not 4 GB of RAM.
    i have edit
    (CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y). but 3Gb are detected.
    However, the OS still does not detect the 4 GB RAM. Any idea what else can be done apart from installing the 64-bit OS in the system?

Last edited by lifetimes : 03-26-2008 at 10:45 PM.

LiNUX 32 bits only alow 2 Gb ram in time you not recompile the kernel and possible crash the system if you not make fine.

I nto understand also why use 32 bits in dual core processor . WHen linux 32 bits remain from the year 1999

Is again why people use windows nt from the year 2000

Obsolete system for new hadware never work fine and is only bugs and security addons . When is easy use 64 bits and solve any problem

If rapidswitch noty like use 64 bits is becasue very possible th e hadware is overlocked and processor is not teh really show.

is a idea ? because not have send not offer 64 bits systems

Companys like OVH now in UK and long time in France and Spain offer any 64 bits system with easy installation and better prices like 25 minimum

OVH of course is more big company of rapidswitch and I never have discussion for install any system I like also I never have problem with power supply .
    I think in 10 years also in OVH i have only one problem with one hard disk

Mike please you are one user of windows I not this very clear
    That is quite a wild and extremely inaccurate statement. I suggest you confirm what facts you based that statement on as I use Linux every day, both from Command Line and User Interface.

All machines I use have 4gb or more RAM, this is all picked up by the Linux Operating System and reported to the software running on the machines where applicable.

Windows server has a maximum amount of RAM that it will use, this varies on the version you purchase, data centre and enterprise versions will allow more RAM to be used than Standard (32bit Standard 2008 server will only allow 4gb of RAM maximum).

I have no interest in posting further in this thread, you clearly will not see reason.
    Last edited by FS - Mike; 09-18-2008 at 01:55 PM.

That is quite a wild and extremely inaccurate statement. I suggest you confirm what facts you based that statement on as I use Linux every day, both from Command Line and User Interface.

All machines I use have 4gb or more RAM, this is all picked up by the Linux Operating System and reported to the software running on the machines where applicable.

Windows server has a maximum amount of RAM that it will use, this varies on the version you purchase, data centre and enterprise versions will allow more RAM to be used than Standard (32bit Standard 2008 server will only allow 4gb of RAM maximum).

I have no interest in posting further in this thread, you clearly will not see reason.

Really if you think rent servers with obsolete system is fine.
    Good for you. If you not have any idea about 32 bits system if your problem you have more of 10 years before for understand this.
    If you not like there people not like rapidswitch is also your problem. Internet is free for all the people comunicate any question. Like or not like to others.

If you not like also this please reply to this:
    are you working in rapidswitych?
    if not. whiy you not are resident in countries not democratics

Quote Originally Posted by justify View Post
    ... they at least login to your server and do simple jobs :-) -Like "iptables -F" in my last ticket..
    Out of curiosity, why not just do it your self?, since I read in the web site you'll get free KVMoIP.
    Magnet Hosting | Layanan Hosting dan Server Indonesia
    http://www.magnet-id.com Indonesian Data Center, Peering with IIX and openIXP

Quote Originally Posted by tajidyakub View Post
    Out of curiosity, why not just do it your self?, since I read in the web site you'll get free KVMoIP.
    KvMoip is free only 3 hours months for all the servers and also reboots have a limit
    Afther thsi you pay 15 or 20

I look now you change the argument to KVMoIP.
    YOu not like any bad comentary , is simple when your company have more in consideration the customer sure never leasing bad comentary.

Really is lose your time when there many complains in the Uk police station . I think is better what reply the court before more silly arguments

It was not an argument .
    But thanks for the info ..
    Magnet Hosting | Layanan Hosting dan Server Indonesia
    http://www.magnet-id.com Indonesian Data Center, Peering with IIX and openIXP

Last time I requested a KVMoIP it was 6 hours, I only needed it for one. But yes, it is only once per month.

To answer your question, I do not work for Rapid Switch. I do however have rack space in their facility in Blue Square 2 so I do know what services they offer and how much downtime they have had.

I am all for you having your opinion, what I do not appreciate is you spreading baseless statements here without confirmed proof. Some people will not like companies, some will. For example, some people like Microsoft and Windows while others despise them.

Mike

Good to hear that, I think I need to check them
    thanks

Angry

Hi all,
    Just wanted to say that I never worked with any datacenter worst than rapidswitch in these 7 years that I have dedicated servers !
    You yourself away if them, it will work for you and you can save your money and time.
    or you can test and after 1 year you will get the same conclution !
    even they know how to respect to their customers or keep them satisfied !!!

This is a two year old thread. Why can't you open a new thread instead of bumping a two year old thread?

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    This is a two year old thread. Why can't you open a new thread instead of bumping a two year old thread?
    Why I should I open a new hell? , I thought maybe its petter I leave a comment here, I searched for "rapidswitch" and found this one.

Refer forum rules.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/rules.php

And sorry to hear about your troubles with them.
    Last edited by iHubNet-Matt; 11-22-2010 at 04:11 PM.