Hivelocity - server setup problems, advice ?

Seven days ago, I purchased a HiVelocity server. A week later and I am still waiting. It has had non-stop problems.

HiVelocity have agreed (after my asking, nothing was offered) to move my start date forward so I don't pay for this downtime, nonetheless, after a week of this I am beginning to feel some other effort is required on there part.

What's normal after a weeks setup time and still no working server? Refund? Upgrade to better working machine? Or just chargeback?

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Refund, if they are unwilling to process a Refund after asking then a ChargeBack.
    ZXPlay
    Premium Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Media Streaming Servers
    Dedicated Resources | EU Based
    www.zxplay.co.uk
      0 Not allowed!

Always go through the company first. A chargeback should only be used in a last-resort situation. The company sounds like they are working with you, as they've agreed to not charge you for the time spent setting it up.

Ultimately, it's up to you - is the server very urgent or mission-critical? It's quite possible that this is just a little quirk in the service and then it'll be smooth sailing from here on out, but if you're getting uneasy then it may be time to ask for a refund. Personally I'd ask for a refund if my server wasn't up and running to my specifications after a full week.
      0 Not allowed!

Can you let me know a little bit more about your account?
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CArmstrong View Post
    Personally I'd ask for a refund if my server wasn't up and running to my specifications after a full week.
    Refund seems to be something out of question with HiVelocity

Hivelocity Q&A

... our billing policy states, and our top exectutives say, NO REFUNDS. We didn't give Mr. H a refund, we never give anyone a refund. A refund is a slap in the face to a customer. Refund in our dictionary means that your time with us never really mattered, that we really don't provide a valuable service and that all of our time is meaningless. We offered him a credit, left the door open for him to stay on board with us and he declined the opportunity so as he stated we agreed amicably. I have never issued a refund in the past check my history and I never plan on issuing one in the future. It's a slap in the face to the customer and for some of you to suggest that he go for just a refund is pretty indicative of how you might run your establishments. Many business build the foundation of their internet business with us; from the the largest public / private names in the business industry to the smallest of small business owners that are starting out at day one.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...2&postcount=35
      0 Not allowed!

Please contact me directly so I can get your issue addressed.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials
      0 Not allowed!

I'm with they .. 2 months now..
    first i bought a P IV to test ... they bring it up in 8 hours as much..

Then as Dave and Steve was really helpfull with me, i bought a dual core with they and this time i payed for 6 months.. 1 day after my server was UP, was having a little problem on the drive (a new one..) so they changed it, reloaded and put it up again in others 6 hours..

I will suggest to talk with an account manager, they can make your life easy ..
    Also, the uptime is really good.. and techs support works fast... and that's quality

They care about the company, and they love what they are doing ...

Give they another oportunity... and you'll be happy
      0 Not allowed!

I have been with HiVelocity for over 1 year. I have several servers with unmanaged service at HV. They have always bent over backwards trying to help. I have never had a problem with a server taking to long to be setup. I am pretty sure you problem will be resolved in short order. Just submit a ticket via your customer control panel and they usually answer you within an hour.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    Refund seems to be something out of question with HiVelocity

Oh God. I hate that kind of self-justifying b*ll*hit. No professional company would fall back on something that transparent. I have a horrible feeling I am really going to regret going with them.

Anyways, looks like the server has been reloaded now. Not exactly chock full of confidence, but lets see how it goes....
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tipsterbaine View Post
    Oh God. I hate that kind of self-justifying b*ll*hit. No professional company would fall back on something that transparent. I have a horrible feeling I am really going to regret going with them.

Anyways, looks like the server has been reloaded now. Not exactly chock full of confidence, but lets see how it goes....
    If you have any further issues please feel free to contact me directly.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test
      0 Not allowed!

All companies I know do that, I wonder where you take your "information" from...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn-Erik Hansen View Post
    All companies I know do that, I wonder where you take your "information" from...
    What? you think all companies refuse to give refunds? LOL. There are umpteen threads on here say your wrong mate!

All companies make mistakes, it is a sign of a mature, professional company when they can admit it, hold up their hands, and offer a refund.
    Dressing up a refusal to give refunds with some kind of 'No refunds. Ever. A refund is a slap in the face to a customer...' b*llsh*t is a sign of company making lots of mistakes IMO. No other reason to treat customers with such disrespect.
      0 Not allowed!

Seven days ago, I purchased a HiVelocity server. A week later and I am still waiting. It has had non-stop problems.

HiVelocity have agreed (after my asking, nothing was offered) to move my start date forward so I don't pay for this downtime, nonetheless, after a week of this I am beginning to feel some other effort is required on there part.

What's normal after a weeks setup time and still no working server? Refund? Upgrade to better working machine? Or just chargeback?

Thanks.
    Seven days is a long time, what happened in day 2 or 3 or even 4?
      0 Not allowed!

What? you think all companies refuse to give refunds? LOL. There are umpteen threads on here say your wrong mate!

All companies make mistakes, it is a sign of a mature, professional company when they can admit it, hold up their hands, and offer a refund.
    Dressing up a refusal to give refunds with some kind of 'No refunds. Ever. A refund is a slap in the face to a customer...' b*llsh*t is a sign of company making lots of mistakes IMO. No other reason to treat customers with such disrespect.
    Most not all companies will offer credit rather than cash refunds. Currently it appears there are a lot of people signing up for unmanaged service with out the understanding of what that is. I hope everyone realizes this. When you signup for unmanaged service you are on your own for everything but reboots,os installations and hardware failures. The company owes you nothing else. If you are not careful on how you communicate with them you are looking at some serious downtime. If you don't agree with there tos and aup don't signup. If you see a deal that is to good to be true then maybe it is. Do your homework and be realistic with yourself. If you don't have some serious skills with web servers then don't get unmanaged service unless you have someone to back you up and don't expect your provider to pick up the pieces. But thats just me I guess.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hsphereclub View Post
    Most not all companies will offer credit rather than cash refunds. Currently it appears there are a lot of people signing up for unmanaged service with out the understanding of what that is....
    <snip garbage>
    Yes, very profound, how exactly is this relevant to the initial setup done by the datacenter ?
    Being unmanaged you expect me to toddle on down there and help with the initial hardware build or something ?

Spare me from amateurs
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexDrive View Post
    Who knows ?
      0 Not allowed!

Who knows ?
    Has your server been put online? If not please PM your account details.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HiVelocity View Post
    Has your server been put online? If not please PM your account details.
    Finally it has. Thank You.
      0 Not allowed!

Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexDrive View Post
    it depends....

if you have a huge amount of data and a small uplink on the target (new) server, it might take you many days to move your data, and you won't be able to test anything before your files are up there
    See threads I started for honest host reviews over 20 years. I am now hosting with tsohost.com: good host, lame support.
      0 Not allowed!

Agree with BudWay, been with HiveloCity for god knows how many month now, and so far there was only one downtime, planed. Anything else is awesome.
      0 Not allowed!

Issue seems resolved. /thread
      0 Not allowed!