Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    607

    Angry Design, Content and Structure all Ripped!

    Hello WHT,

    It's easy to say that some people get inspiration from other companies, and it's easy to say that designs can be "inspired" and not actually ripped. Well, in this case I don't think so.

    http://www.edgehosting.co.uk/ - RIP

    http://www.allurehost.com/ - ORIGINAL

    Well, this company has decided that they liked my design and structure SO MUCH that they needed to make a direct copy. The sad part is that they did not even try to hide the fact they completely copied our website.

    What do you think is the best solution in getting this resolved? I have contacted the owner and hopefully they will respond to my request to remove the website. They would have saved themselves so much trouble to just get a template from templatemonster or some other stock template site.

    I am not here to bash this company, but this is a bit out of hand. I worked very hard on the design, the overall structure and content for AllureHost.

    I have also posted a side by side picture below. Just so people can compare and contrast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails copy_comparison.jpg  
    SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services & WHMCS Themes
    Web Designs catered to web hosting and software providers!
    Check out the top-rated WHMCS Admin Panel Theme by SwiftModders
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    16,968
    Well, they have good colors than yours :-)

    Looks like they followed your structure design.


    Net
    Specially 4 You
    .
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    1,955
    I don't know about ripped - that seems to be a common theme for some blogs...
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by utropicmedia-karl View Post
    I don't know about ripped - that seems to be a common theme for some blogs...
    Not just the surface design, take a look at the HTML coding. See a resemblance?
    SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services & WHMCS Themes
    Web Designs catered to web hosting and software providers!
    Check out the top-rated WHMCS Admin Panel Theme by SwiftModders
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    99
    I don't think you can get anything out of this. From my point of view if you didn't point it out i can't say it is ripped because it's not completely identical to your website.
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by stashhh View Post
    I don't think you can get anything out of this. From my point of view if you didn't point it out i can't say it is ripped because it's not completely identical to your website.
    In what world exactly. Too bad archive.org does not have my CSS file in the archive so I could show the design BEFORE I made a few changes. Probably would be able to see it even more. But, honestly the websites do not identical at all? Odd....
    SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services & WHMCS Themes
    Web Designs catered to web hosting and software providers!
    Check out the top-rated WHMCS Admin Panel Theme by SwiftModders
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    438
    The HTML isn't identical (or as identical as it should be if all that was done was change a few things), either. It looks like you both used the same program to make your sites, and both had similar inspirations.

    Frankly it looks like you both ripped off Site5.

    And no I'm not suggesting you did - I'm making a point.. too many look the same that anything short a direct rip could really be believable as a rip (examples of that would be like that thread last week where site B still had textual references to site A on the pages).
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8

    *

    Hi

    Sorry to hear about your story with /www.edgehosting.co.uk/ . Why did you allow them to copy all of your site with out some terms and condition. I think you had blindly allow them to copy your design. If you had
    conditions, it wouldnt happened here.
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by NexSeven View Post
    The HTML isn't identical (or as identical as it should be if all that was done was change a few things), either. It looks like you both used the same program to make your sites, and both had similar inspirations.

    Frankly it looks like you both ripped off Site5.

    And no I'm not suggesting you did - I'm making a point.. too many look the same that anything short a direct rip could really be believable as a rip (examples of that would be like that thread last week where site B still had textual references to site A on the pages).
    Once again, interesting comments. Well, I am not sure what magical program would make a site like mine default. However, you are welcome to your opinion. I talked to David (the owner) and he was very helpful and apologized for the mishap. Seems one of his staff members "made" the design a few months back.

    Thanks for the help all.

    Quote Originally Posted by bineshjacob View Post
    Hi

    Sorry to hear about your story with /www.edgehosting.co.uk/ . Why did you allow them to copy all of your site with out some terms and condition. I think you had blindly allow them to copy your design. If you had
    conditions, it wouldnt happened here.
    By no means did I allow anyone to copy anything. If I had allowed someone to use my design then it would not be a "rip" or "copy". This is just a case where someone sees a design they like, want something like it and go with it.
    SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services & WHMCS Themes
    Web Designs catered to web hosting and software providers!
    Check out the top-rated WHMCS Admin Panel Theme by SwiftModders
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kusadasi, Turkey
    Posts
    3,273
    I wanted to check the HTML code from a coder perspective, but I found out the ripper domain is already suspended
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

    HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzem View Post
    I wanted to check the HTML code from a coder perspective, but I found out the ripper domain is already suspended
    Yes, he told me he was suspending it until a new design would be created. David is a very nice guy.
    SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services & WHMCS Themes
    Web Designs catered to web hosting and software providers!
    Check out the top-rated WHMCS Admin Panel Theme by SwiftModders
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    34,798
    Closed as requested.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •