5GB transfer
    cpanel
    fantastico
    lots of databases
    lots of subdomains
    email
    etc etc

Who would you recommend?
    I'm a poor Australian University student who's having major host issues!! (Last host closed site and lost files and 'forgot' to tell me...)

You can view the site I'm looking to host (I already have the domain name) at ohlovely.org

what kind of website ?
    why your last hosting copany closed your site?

The site was closed for a 'routine server change'. I was (and still am until I can find somewhere new) hosted on a reseller purchased from hostnsurf. Somehow this reseller owner forgot to backup, and didn't tell me it was going to happen. Makes me grumpy!!

The website is a personal blog type site. Have a look if you want! OhLovely.Org!

It is a nice wordpress page, you should be able to host it at any host, as always i advise to take a good look at the different companies around, and make sure you check their reviews.

If your current host uses cPanel (guess they are as you requested Fantastico) a cPanel host would make the move easy.

And remember, always make your own backups, this can save you many headaches.

Good luck with finding a new host!
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Thanks for the good advice.
    I did have a back up, but not recent enough to make me happy.

I guess I just posted this because a lot of the companies around here are heavy-weights compared to me & my little site!

I realise people can't directly link to themselves in here now, but pointers in the right direction never hurt?!

Quote Originally Posted by lisa_anne View Post
    Thanks for the good advice.
    I did have a back up, but not recent enough to make me happy.

I guess I just posted this because a lot of the companies around here are heavy-weights compared to me & my little site!

I realise people can't directly link to themselves in here now, but pointers in the right direction never hurt?!
    Sad to hear you didnt have a recent backup, almost all hosts will have disclaimers on the backups, but many of them will make good backups never the less. I am afraid you ran into one who did not. Some also offer off-site backups to make the chance of loosing information even smaller.

There are indeed a lot of heavy-weight companies, but they do not need to be bad, just not personal anymore.

You are right, host can not advertise here, for that you have to take a look in the offer section or use the 'find a host' button on top of the page. But i am sure you will find some good hosts around. Contact them personally if you are in doubt, or in need of something they do not seem to offer. I am sure most will be able to help you out.

Take care
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)