VPS with 768 MB gar. RAM? How many site avg.

Hello all,
    i'm thinking how many site can nandle one VPS with 768 MB of RAM
    with cPnael installed.
    /with assumption that there are not be deployed very high load sites/.
    Please tell me your opinion for RAM / may be and CPU/ point of view .
    How many sites /average or accordin got your experiance/ can take VPS like this wihtout to be overloaded.

dimitar, it is quite difficult to say, really. It depends on web sites themselves. And othe main important thing is CPU load, which must be less (or arround) 50%.
    So it might be as one (quite huge web site) as thouthand one-page static web sites.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

With some good Optimization I don't think you will have a problem running 100+ sites on a VPS with 768MB Guaranteed. Although it also comes down to your CPU Allocation and the power of the host node.

Yup, I agree with Chris E. You can host a lot of sites of course depending on the host nodes specs.
    Managed Virtual and Dedicated Servers Los Angeles - KEVWORKS
    Now with Level(3), Mzima, Telia, Global Crossing and Bandon

Hmmm, tbh its got everything to do with the kind of sites you want to host - you think you can host 100 WHT like sites on a VPS like the OP mentioned?
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

The OP did actually say "with assumption that there are not be deployed very high load sites"

WHT isnt your average site, it would be pretty obvious to most people that its running on more than 1 server for starters.

Well I don't think any VPS package currently available can handle a 100 sites like WHT. Unless it was the only VPS on a fantastic server. When I say fantastic I really mean cosmic.

But a VPS with 512mb or RAM can surely do anyone justice.

Thanks,
    Managed Virtual and Dedicated Servers Los Angeles - KEVWORKS
    Now with Level(3), Mzima, Telia, Global Crossing and Bandon

Quote Originally Posted by Chris E View Post
    The OP did actually say "with assumption that there are not be deployed very high load sites"

WHT isnt your average site, it would be pretty obvious to most people that its running on more than 1 server for starters.
    Oops, my apologies to the OP and anyone who was mislead by my post. (thats what you get for coming into a thread half way through!)
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting