Help with .CA domain and DNS servers

Hi,

Recently I registered .CA domain with Canadian registrar and I asked them to create DNS1.MYCADOMAIN.CA and DNS2.MYCADOMAIN.CA . They said they can't do that!
    I contacted more than 50 different Canadian regoistrars, but most of them don't have any idea what am I talking about when I ask them to create custom DNS servers for me.
    Do you know any normal canadian registrar that can do this for me?

Thanks for you help,
    Peter

Re: Help with .CA domain and DNS servers

Originally posted by poncho2000
    They said they can't do that!
    Eh, they really told you that they couldn't do it? That's pretty bad customer support. Did they give you any sort of explanation as to why they couldn't do it?
    - joey

I'm using www.domains.ca for my .ca registrations, and had no problem during setup, I didnt even have to ask for them to do it. I just entered the nameserver addresses (ns1 and ns2.achost.ca) for the domain, achost.ca, and their respective IP's, and it went through, registered no problem.
    AC Host Canada Affordable Canadian Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared Hosting | Email Hosting | DNS Hosting | Custom Plans Available

hahaha. trust me, been here.

what you do is add your own name servers to the domain you wish create the name servers on.

so, if you want to have ns1.mydomain.ca and ns2.mydomain.ca, just go to your .ca registrar and add those two domains as name servers on the mydomain.ca domain. it doesn't matter if these are primary or secondary in the list of name servers, but they need to be there before they'll be recognized as name servers.

well, this is what i had to do w/ canreg.com. took me a long long time to get that out of the employees there.

good luck.

-matt

doh, exactly what achost said.