Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does the world end in 2012?

It is predicted that something major, world-changing event will take place in 2012. The Mayan calender finish on 21 Dec 2012. We some in alignment with the galactic core.
    NASA predicts that the Sun will reverse its own magnetic poles during 2012 as result of reaching the end of the current 11-year sunspot cycle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012

As Private Fraser would say: 'we're all doomed, doomed!!'
    zaax

I thought the world was already supposed to have "ended" back in year 2000

Were all doomed every year....

The world was supposed to end in the year of satan 1998...
    It was supposed to end in 2000, and 2001...
    We were all supposed to be wiped out by an asteroid in 2004...

These are just relative recent ones and is not a comprehensive list.

The world will end when it does...

Till then... *yawn* :z:

Aaaahhh **** dude the world cup is in 2014 in Brasil.

WTF lol

I call first dibs on the thread after the world ends
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    I call first dibs on the thread after the world ends
    The only way the world will end is if Clinton gets elected and turns out to be another Bush
    Cpanel/WHM PHP Perl Ruby Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

If we keep getting the same presidents we get elected over and over again I think 2012 is a reasonable goal for the doom of the earth's existence.
    TWC, LLC - USA based w/ three teams behind us!
    We will beat any web development or design quote

http://totalwebcentral.com/

I knew about mayan calendar, and well I'm still wondering what kind of event will take place in that year...

(Hugo Chavez is now president of the U.S!)!?
    Freelancer
    Site Coming Soon | Route Cafe Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Allenskd View Post
    I knew about mayan calendar, and well I'm still wondering what kind of event will take place in that year...

(Hugo Chavez is now president of the U.S!)!?
    Something to do with the stars... I researched it a while ago, but forget what it was about... something I did not retain... lol

But they had to end someplace... guess that year was good of place as any.

During that year several people will be born, and several will die... that is about all I can predict right now for that year.

I can predict that the year after that, we will look for a new "end of world" date to focus and talk about. I can also predict that someone will eventually be right (end of world or end of human existance).
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I confess that often I find the thought of the planet imploding not half as bad as it continuing the way that it presently is .........

salam
    International Initiative to Prosecute US Genocide in Iraq | www.USgenocide.org
    The BRussells Tribunal | www.brusselstribunal.org

The world should have ended many times...

in 12 ad it was supposed to end
    then in like 1960
    then in 2000 (y2k thingy)
    then when Bush got elected (lol)
    in 2012 its supposed to end
    in 2099 it supposed to end
    Cheap hosting, not cheap service:
    http://www.aqns-hosting.com

Everything that started, WILL END.
    Do we know when it started? So we know when it will end?

Quote Originally Posted by indy500 View Post
    Everything that started, WILL END.
    Do we know when it started? So we know when it will end?
    That would be a wicked bumper sticker...
    Cheap hosting, not cheap service:
    http://www.aqns-hosting.com

I certainly hope so the apocalypse will be great.
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

Quote Originally Posted by aqns_hosting View Post
    That would be a wicked bumper sticker...
    Your free to use it my pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan541 View Post
    I certainly hope so the apocalypse will be great.
    That would make a great YouTube video!
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

We can't say if either it will end or not because we don't know it for sure.
    If it's to me, if the world would end @ 2012 I'd like to have a 4yr orgy starting from now on.

cant wait!

You never know when it will end...

It can be tomorrow, next month or next year...

But, we hope to see you in WHT for the last minute :-)

Net
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Ah Come On guys.. The London Olympics aren't going to be that bad!

The Earth will continue for many more millions of years.

But I will not.

and the Human race will not.

But 2012 - no way, I stay up past 2100 every night.

And anybody daft enough to remain in London for the Olympics, will wish the world had ended, I moved out last year.

'God only knows the future' !

I do not even know what I'm eating tonight.

So interesting this topic came up, there was a special on The History Channel (I know, I'm a total nerd chick) about this very theory. It was so interesting, it actually freaked me out a bit. Yes, the Myans have predicted it along with many, many psychics and oracles from the past, also some ancient Chinese guy too. I don't remember all the details, but the predictions came from all over the world at different times, etc.

Am I worried? Nah, not really, but it's really freaky how many people have said this.

http://www.history.com/shows.do?epis...&action=detail

There are prophecies and oracles from around the world that all seem to point to December 21, 2012 as doomsday. The ancient Mayan Calendar, the medieval predictions of Merlin, the Book of Revelation and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching all point to this specific date as the end of civilization. A new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future... and has turned up the same dreaded date: 2012. Skeptics point to a long history of "Failed Doomsdays", but many oracles of doom throughout history have a disturbingly accurate track record. As the year 2012 ticks ever closer we'll speculate if there are any reasons to believe these doomsayers.

If you have Tivo and the History Channel, I highly recommend watching it, it's very interesting, I couldn't keep my eyes off the TV.

yes, when the Suns magnetic poles change it will rip 433 Eros from Mars orbit and send it hurtling to earth. Then we will go the way of the dinosaur.
    - WireSix - Dedicated Servers, Custom Configurations, Colocation - Celebrating 5 years!

I have done extensive research on very old civilizations from the Sumerians, Babylonians, Oltecs, to Egyptians, Greeks, Asian Cultures etc and my conclusion is, "it doesn't look good".

All the old cultures pretty much say, "a dramatic change will occur".

Everything that has a beginning has an end. And as above, so below.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

I reckin that nothing will happen, although there is still a funny feeling about it... o_O

Then again, if life does carry on after death(ie, born again) I would love to be a dinosaur... Would be a good banter!

Ugh, the world was also supposed to end in November of 2007 based off "extensive research" from 1998. Did it happen? Well I'm typing this message right now.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

I remember watching a TV special about 10 years back about a guy who claimed he could predict future events. I thought the whole thing was bogus but watched anyway. I distinctly remember him predicting the US invasion of Iraq (no specific details, just the general action). The other two predictions that I remembered were the US invasion of Iran, and some kind of cataclysmic event in 2012.

So far he's 1 for 3 (though with every day it looks more and more closer to 2 for 3).

If any of you watch history channel they had a show about this last night. They actually had a part about some web database that SOMEHOW also predicted something major will happen in 2012....Anyone else see the show?

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix-Matt View Post
    yes, when the Suns magnetic poles change it will rip 433 Eros from Mars orbit and send it hurtling to earth. Then we will go the way of the dinosaur.
    Then we shall hope its aim is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I thought the world was already supposed to have "ended" back in year 2000
    The world did indeed end in 2000 and WHT is just a figment of you imagination!

The event happened in the film I Am Legend took place in this year, better be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by zaax View Post
    It is predicted that something major, world-changing event will take place in 2012. The Mayan calender finish on 21 Dec 2012. We some in alignment with the galactic core.
    NASA predicts that the Sun will reverse its own magnetic poles during 2012 as result of reaching the end of the current 11-year sunspot cycle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012

As Private Fraser would say: 'we're all doomed, doomed!!'
    in 2011 backup your data .... j/k

Thank for the heads up. I'm going to stop renewing my domains for 10 years at a time.

the end is not here we all live in hell already if you did not notice it just take a look at the world you might call me stupid or whatever but this is just what i think.

I was recently asked how I interpreted the Mayan and Hopi predictions that the world, as we know it, will end on the 21st of December 2012. Would there be global war B possibly triggering a nuclear holocaust? Would the planet�s life forms finally succumb to the ecological quagmire that�s been building in our soils, oceans and atmosphere? Would the current steady increase of previously unknown diseases overcome our ability to defend against them? Or will we suddenly move into a new Golden Age in which the lion lies down with the lamb and struggle, pain, and suffering are gone forever?

This is no small question. Quite the contrary, it deals with some of the larger concepts in the universe. From a metaphysical perspective, the world ends and recreates itself every instant. December 21, 2012 is certainly no exception. However, it does offer a target date that brings all the possible scenarios into vivid focus.

What we perceive from our vantage point of being in human form is only a teeny sliver of the infinite swirl of interpenetrating realities that make up the universe. To us, there is a past, present, and future. Time appears to move predictably from moment to moment forming the days and years of our lives. 2012 is a real date on our calendars and each of the possible scenarios can be seen to be advancing steadily toward it like racehorses to the finish line.

If you were to ask the �2012 End-of-the-World� question of a gifted psychic, she (or he) would gaze into several of the parallel universes making up our possible futures and report back on the one that seemed to be the most vivid. This is like a handicapper picking the favorite in a particular race. Just as in horse racing, the favorite often wins, or comes close. But, not always. On any given day, one of the long shots might cross the line first while the favorite trails the field.

From a cosmic perspective, picking the winning scenario is easy. Understanding the nature of how this can be done is considerably more elusive. Infinity is impossible to grasp in finite terms. When we pose a finite question in an infinite realm, it�s like trying to cram a herd of stampeding elephants into a matchbox. It won't be the lack of effort that defeats us, but the minuscule size of the container we are trying to use. Our minds are the matchbox. We are going to have to think way out of the box to begin to grasp the answer to how the world will end on December 21, 2012.

The simple answer is that every one of the possible scenarios you can envisage will find expression in one or more of the myriad parallel universes that manifest in every instant. And that includes the date spoken about by so many as the moment our world comes to an end. What adds weight to this date is the fact that with each passing hour more people are becoming aware of it and adding their energies to the consensus. We have already seen the power of agreement at work in events such as World Healing Day, The Harmonic Convergence and other moments of focus. It was not the calendar date that created the power; it was the cohesive intent of those who took part.

Having said that, it is no mere coincidence that so many disparate cultures all around the world that have had no known contact with one another should focus on the same date. There is increasing evidence that the time leading up to 12/12/12 does mark the presence of an energy portal that has never before been accessible to the human race. Each of us is being offered an opportunity to shift that may not again arise in thousands of years to come.

Whether or not December 21, 2012 marks an immutable cosmological event or not becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy is moot. There is no question that it looms as a very significant moment. What concerns us most, is wanting to know what will happen. At one end of the bell-curve of probabilities is total physical annihilation. At the opposite end is the arrival of the Golden Age we all dream about. Every other conceivable possibility lies between them. Somewhere near the center of the curve most people will find their most probable possibility in which the monumental moment will pass quietly like Y2K and their lives will appear to continue as if nothing happened at all. December 22, 2012 will dawn as clocks continue to tick and the human race continues to move one day closer to whatever future harvest it has sown. That doesn't mean that many other people, who live their lives at the extremities of the curve, won't experience radically different events.

Imagine if you will, that you are in the center of a vast central train station. The tracks are arranged like the spokes of a giant wheel, each moving away from the center in a different direction. The trains are all scheduled to depart at the same moment on December 21, 2012. Every human being on Earth is at the station; free to board any of the trains he or she chooses. Each train is destined for a different parallel universe in which one of the innumerable possibilities is played out. You (like everyone else) are at the station free to board any one of an almost infinite number of trains. But, like the psychic, you can only see one or two of them. Your choices appear meager B almost as if you had no choice at all and your future was determined totally by fate. Such is not the case at all B unless, of course, you want it to be.

If you remember the station scene in the Harry Potter books (or movies) in which the wizard children were able to board the Hogwarts Express on platform 9 3/4 by walking straight through a concrete pillar, then you will begin to see how all this works. What is delightfully easy for wizards is equally impossible for muggles (non-wizards).

The Hogwarts Express is bound for the next dimension B the Golden Age of our dreams. The problem is that until you become a wizard, you have no way of finding the right platform. The world, as you know it, will definitely end on December 21, 2012, if that�s what you choose. You will definitely be there when it happens, boarding one of the infinite number of trains leaving the station. Every one of us will be required to be on board.

Now that you know where you will be on the day the world ends, you get to decide which train you'd like to ride. There is still time (according to the calendars of this illusion) before the trains must leave the station. Plenty of time for you to leave your muggle world behind and become the wizard you already are. The choice, as always, is yours.
    Last edited by linda_E; 03-04-2008 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by linda_E View Post
    I was recently asked how I interpreted the Mayan and Hopi predictions that the world, as we know it, will end on the 21st of December 2012. Would there be global war B possibly triggering a nuclear holocaust? Would the planet�s life forms finally succumb to the ecological quagmire that�s been building in our soils, oceans and atmosphere? Would the current steady increase of previously unknown diseases overcome our ability to defend against them? Or will we suddenly move into a new Golden Age in which the lion lies down with the lamb and struggle, pain, and suffering are gone forever?

etc etc.
    Great demonstration of copying and pasting...

Original source:
    http://www.globalpsychics.com/enligh...c12-2012.shtml

You should give credit where it is due

Especialy for Rameen and All UK business people.

The UK Government knows something.

Talk to your pensions/tax/accountant advisor.

Major changes to the 'pension system' come into effect April 2012.

What do they know ?

If the Mayans were so smart why did they collapse? Sounds to me like they didn't really need the calendar to go to 2012.

Well if the Mayan say the world will end in 2012, then I'm worried! I'm sure they're be right where all those others were wrong.
    Nexcess - Magento and Wordpress Hosting Specialists!

People shouldn't worry about if the world is going to end in 2012. People should be wondering if they are going to be around to see it if it happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast